Who have been the dud buys in league since 1980 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DEBS

I remember Garrick Morgan was the best rugby forward in the game, and signed with the Crushers, he was a dud buy.

When the dogs signed T Rex, I was really pleased. A damaging ball runner I thought.
But is he the worst buy in the modern era, considering he cost 600K ?

Has there been a worse buy ?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Adam Blair is on around the same has been woeful worse then T. Maybe just appears to be worse cause we have other good forwards Tigpies don't have.

Sandow is garbage and on a huge pay day.

A fair few others i'd have in the list higher, though I agree for his 600k he isn't justified.

D

DEBS

Adam Blair is on around the same has been woeful worse then T. Maybe just appears to be worse cause we have other good forwards Tigpies don't have.

Sandow is garbage and on a huge pay day.

A fair few others i'd have in the list higher, though I agree for his 600k he isn't justified.

Great call. Adam Blair is dreadful. Actually, I think he is worse T. rexT. rex

doggie-style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Adam blair and t rex
They should both be released and signed by parra

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
One of the worst signing (or is it thee dumbest one?)was this guy..An American called Greg Smith who was a so called professional 'NFL' player who actually wasn't and he was signed sight unseen in 1997 by Warren Ryan (who coached Newcastle at the time) after talking to him at the sevens where Smith was coaching the U.S. Tomahawks. Smith managed to convinced Ryan that he had played two seasons for the Philadelphia Eagles.
He ended up playing only one first grade game and it was terrible..he's mistakes directly allowed the Knights to surrender a big lead and lose the match. After the game the media found out he never played professional Gridiron at all..he ended up playing a season of Metro Cup and was never heard of again!!!

Markb

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
One of the worst signing (or is it thee dumbest one?)was this guy..An American called Greg Smith who was a so called professional 'NFL' player who actually wasn't and he was signed sight unseen in 1997 by Warren Ryan (who coached Newcastle at the time) after talking to him at the sevens where Smith was coaching the U.S. Tomahawks. Smith managed to convinced Ryan that he had played two seasons for the Philadelphia Eagles.
He ended up playing only one first grade game and it was terrible..he's mistakes directly allowed the Knights to surrender a big lead and lose the match. After the game the media found out he never played professional Gridiron at all..he ended up playing a season of Metro Cup and was never heard of again!!!
I remember that game. It was my first date with my wife and she was a big knights fan... Loser had to pay for dinner.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember that game. It was my first date with my wife and she was a big knights fan... Loser had to pay for dinner.
Bonus..got a free ticket and the girl!!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Oops I meant bonus you got a free dinner and the girl!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ben Schiwolski hands down

Gingerbread Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
By the length of the straight is Adam Blair. Tony Williams is definitely catching up but I will leave my appraisal to the end of the year. Parramatta's signing of Sandow and Ben Roberts is also up there but I don't think Broberts is on big money. Jamal Idris last year was disappointing for the Titans but this year he is killing it.

D

DEBS

Based on reputation I think you can't go past Blair and runner up T Rex.
i remember back in 1932, Souths bought a player called Edward Stephenson, who played 54 lower grade games , but was bought as a first grader, but unfortunately due to WW2, he never reached his potential.
Edward Stephenson would be at number 3

doggie-style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
based on reputation i think you can't go past blair and runner up t rex.
i remember back in 1932, souths bought a player called edward stephenson, who played 54 lower grade games , but was bought as a first grader, but unfortunately due to ww2, he never reached his potential.
Edward stephenson would be at number 3
how old are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.