Ennis won't blame Barba IF he heads north

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Family first. I would hate to lose Barba but family must come first. I can understand it from his partners perspective too.

From what I hear they are not back together and are struggling to sort out their problems. If true his partner has no support here and wants to return home to her family. For her mental well being it's the best thing. And if Barba wants to spend time with his kids he must follow. Let's just hope it doesn't come to that.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
He is not going anywhere this year. Im sick of hearing about it.
Lets just concentrate on this season, the charge to the top 4 continues!
obviously we are talking about next year

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
obviously we are talking about next year
no sh1t, I doubt he is going anywhere next year either, but where would the forum be without the speculation and conspiracy theories

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Who WOULD blame him? Family comes first.

But lets suspend discussion until it happens.

JRC

Waterboy
Reaction score
It's hard being a bulldogs supporter and not being skeptical. It's very possible that this is all happening for family and that is noble and exactly what I would do if my kids moved away.
However part of me thinks once again it will be a money motivated move like all our other top players who leave midway through their contracts. If Ben and his partner are backed together, it's a pretty easy way out of a contract. If the club stopped him we would like this horrible, heartless club who stopped Ben being with his kids.
I mean we let Hannant go because he was homesick for gods sake. I just can't help but feel his partner is like, I need a change, tired of people looking at me in Sydney lets move. Ben and manager, should be fine we'll just say your moving up there on your own and taking the kids. I'll get paid more and we get to move closer to home. Easy!

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair point.... but like I said would he quit Rugby League if his missus finds herself a job or decides to move in non rugby league town????
If it's really because of the kids I guess he would but there is no point asking questions like that as we know nothing about what the real story is or what benny's thinking

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw im going to recheck the hannant thread to see if he received the same level of understanding or compassion from the kennel

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised if Barba went to the Broncos, while Josh Hoffman came to the Bulldogs. We'd get a talented player, but also have money to spare in return.

It'd be sad to see him go, but I'll be happy as long as he puts in 100% right up to the end of his time at the Bulldogs.
That would be the worst swap in the history of rugby league regardless of how much money is saved.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Family first. I would hate to lose Barba but family must come first. I can understand it from his partners perspective too.

From what I hear they are not back together and are struggling to sort out their problems. If true his partner has no support here and wants to return home to her family. For her mental well being it's the best thing. And if Barba wants to spend time with his kids he must follow. Let's just hope it doesn't come to that.
This is the part i don't get (people do correct me if i'm wrong), isn't she from Mackay? Yes she would be closer to family but Mackay is 1000km from the goldcoast, hardly a get in the car and do a quick dash over to see mum and dad.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
btw im going to recheck the hannant thread to see if he received the same level of understanding or compassion from the kennel
Why would Hannant get the same compassion as Barba? Despite you being oblivious to this, Benny is loved by the Bulldog supporters and members. Do you really think Hannant was held in the same regard as Benny?
Stop hating!

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
All I'm going to say is this.... and I'm not having a go at Ben's ex at all...

If Ben's wife was the main income earner at home or received a once in a life time job that she couldn't refuse then yeah I agree relocate.

But, in reality Ben is the main earner at home, she knew for him to make it in NRL he/they would have to leave Mackay... Where is the sacrifice for your partner/husband...

Fair enough it hasn't been an easy ride for the past year, but things are slowly working out again... No relationship is without issues...

Ben might not like Brisbane or Goldcoast, they are more similar to Sydney then Mackay...

Look at Cam Smith, Billy Slatet and Cooper Cronk... They are all QLD's, all their families live in QLD, yet their wives stick by them in Melbourne and u never hear of them wanting to move....

FFS, after his footy career is over, leave Sydney, move back to Mackay....

Learn to sacrifice stuff for one another....
I understand everyone's argument about "if you have kids then you'll do anything to stay with them". But the above post ive quoted pretty much sums it up for me. And yes I have kids!

But, they (ben and ainslee) are not together so his ex doesn't have to do shit to support him really. She can do what she wants and he'll follow like a little puppy.

If they were together then she would definitely be the one that should be sacrificing a bit. It's only another maybe 6 yrs max and then he take his retirement up with the Cows!

We made you Benny! Convince your mrs to stay if your the one putting your body on the line every week to support your children and support her in raising your children!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Why would Hannant get the same compassion as Barba? Despite you being oblivious to this, Benny is loved by the Bulldog supporters and members. Do you really think Hannant was held in the same regard as Benny?
Stop hating!
oh no hannant was also held in high regard after a great 2009, sure he didnt have a cult devoted to protect him but he was probably on the level of james graham now

a quick look at the hannant threads of 2010 and just like i suspected everyone saw right through his family story and we were attacking him personally

btw the fact that everyone loves barba makes it even more of a betrayal, people should actually be more angry

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The big difference is hannant signed on with the bulldogs knowing his family was not going to Sydney with him and he left the roosters for the exact same reasons he left us (well as far as i know, could be wrong). So when he come down to play for us he knew what the situation would be.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
To me IF his ex, wanted to patch things up with Barba as much as Barba does as reported (meaning they would be happy together again, no matter where they are) I would question why would she would want to move away from Sydney, moving up North because she has more support?

IF they patched things up, she would have the father to her kids, potential husband, childhood friend, most importantly a family. What more is there to ask for? What is the price of her happiness and how far does that go?

Conspiracy, a motive for either

1. Barba wanting a fresh start up north with a NEW lifestyle and change
2. It’s a stunt to increase Barba’s earnings
3. Or whats been said is all actually true, all the what IF's

Haven’t even speculated the whole Falau rumors because it fits right in.

Then again this is all speculation

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
The big difference is hannant signed on with the bulldogs knowing his family was not going to Sydney with him and he left the roosters for the exact same reasons he left us (well as far as i know, could be wrong). So when he come down to play for us he knew what the situation would be.
its not too big of a difference imo, but actually im comparing the responses of a rumour and an actual release so its not a fair comparison

but ill keep my eye on the situation :p

Stringer

CAR RAMROD
Reaction score
To me IF his ex, wanted to patch things up with Barba as much as Barba does as reported (meaning they would be happy together again, no matter where they are) I would question why would she would want to move away from Sydney, moving up North because she has more support?

IF they patched things up, she would have the father to her kids, potential husband, childhood friend, most importantly a family. What more is there to ask for? What is the price of her happiness and how far does that go?

Conspiracy, a motive for either

1. Barba wanting a fresh start up north with a NEW lifestyle and change
2. It’s a stunt to increase Barba’s earnings
3. Or whats been said is all actually true, all the what IF's

Haven’t even speculated the whole Falau rumors because it fits right in.

Then again this is all speculation
There is no Danny Weidler in brisbane tho so that is a plus for her.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
but he was probably on the level of james graham now
Wow, If we ever held Hannant as highly as we hold Graham we were easy to please.
You have to much time on your hands Roddy :-)

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just like how kids are a commitment so too is a contract that was signed by him. The Bulldogs should insist he honors his contract and he shouldnt be granted a release UNLESS we are able to replace him with someone that wouldn't see the team go backwards. The only fullbacks that are as good or better than Barba at the moment are Greg Inglis and Billy Slater, and they definetly arent coming to the Bulldogs any time soon. The only other person that could replace Barba and be either as good or better than him at fullback is Folau, so unless we can sign him Barba should be forced to see out the rest of his contract.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Wow, If we ever held Hannant as highly as we hold Graham we were easy to please.
You have to much time on your hands Roddy :-)
you should try because i make a great point especially the last paragraph

your point about the higher the level of admiration should result in less of an angered response is incorrect

for example sbw was hated for what he did because he was loved and was so good, if hickey took that plane instead then we wouldn't have cared as much

Status
Not open for further replies.