• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Atleast for once I can say Manly didnt play dirty..... came close to winning the game..... helped by refs though

chrise186

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well done Dogs. In all honesty, Manly should never have been that close.

We were outplayed tonight and the score flattered Manly. The Dogs were 8-10 points better tonight and Manly had pretty much next to zero in attack in your 20.

I don't know how much ball Manly had but it must have been close to 60%.

About the only thing Manly could complain about is that Reynolds was short. But we got plenty of decisions go our way so fair enough.

Even had Manly won, I still would have been pissed. The early season form has disappeared. Not good signs for Manly.
Good post mate and thanks for the humbleness. But I tend to disagree with some of this. Manly had a load of posession in our 20 and with over 60% possession it was really manlys too lose. They should have scored much more had it not been for our defence tonight.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fucking Des playing with 16 men for 75mins almost cost us. I'm telling you halatau must be fucking haslers wife or daughter

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
***********Formal complaint by Referees for Manly fans hurling a full can of beer towards them as they walked up the tunnel*************

update:: Complaint officially filed by Bulldogs

Last edited by a moderator:

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Great effort in the end, a win is a win. Having said that though, we probably shouldn't have never put ourselves in that position. We need to improve our F/A, and this was probably the game to do that. Heart attack stuff toward the end, but couldn't be more proud of my team:grinning:. It's always good to get a win..especially against Manly!

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Absolutely disgusting by the refs....at 24-6, the first was a ridiculous penalty against Perrett, then an absolute joke of a call on Barba for the line-drop and finally to top it all off, the Manly player loses the ball and wham another penalty.

Had that not happened, Manly would've never come back into the game. At the end of that fiasco the penalty count was 10-4. We managed 1 more penalty in regular time and one that won us the game. Can these Refs stop destroying the game

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
They cant say Manly didnt have their share of luck. One try they scored on the back of a bad ref decision about barba grounding it in goal and the last try they scored to level it up came from a very lucky deflection from a kick. Both teams had good and bad luck during the game a few times.
That dud decision re Barba being tackled in goal came at a crucial time in the game. To give Manly the repeat set of six was a mental and physical killer for the Bulldogs.

But Hok's penalty to win it in golden point time was just karma... Manly finally paying a big price for two instances of ill discipline.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely disgusting by the refs....at 24-6, the first was a ridiculous penalty against Perrett, then an absolute joke of a call on Barba for the line-drop and finally to top it all off, the Manly player loses the ball and wham another penalty.

Had that not happened, Manly would've never come back into the game. At the end of that fiasco the penalty count was 10-4. We managed 1 more penalty in regular time and one that won us the game. Can these Refs stop destroying the game
Forgot about the Barba f... up ... he was so in play, never should have been a drop out and YES so many penalties against us that should NOT have been ... refs need to be accountable for their mistakes just like when players and coaches have to front the press why shouldn't refs have to do the same?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

They seem to be destroying our games more and more its getting really frustrating to watch and I can only imagine how angry Des + the coaching staff and the players are with it.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys catch our post-game celebration???
Explosive enthusiasm!!!

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The penalty was for continuing the tackle after the ref called held. But yes he did jump and I first thought he gave the penalty for dangerous tackle but I think he realised it and then said it was continuing the tackle. Lol bout time a penalty went our way and thank god we won

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
***********Formal complaint by Referees for Manly fans hurling a full can of beer towards them as they walked up the tunnel*************

update:: Complaint officially filed by Bulldogs
So did our team actually file a complaint and if so what was it against?

DaddyCool

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well my first post so crucify me.
Must confess to not having read previous pages tonight but felt compelled to add my thoughts.

Yes, I took some joy in bulldogs poor early season form, but tonight... WOW.
Dogs have been winning of late without playing too convincingly, but tonight I thought was their best performance this year and on par with their best of last year.

Now, having said that, refs were appalling BUT I guess decisions went both ways so no excuses there.
Did dog jump to get that final penalty? Possibly.
The worst ref decision of the night was that try awarded to dogs - crap!!! well short.
Amazing to think Manly should have been in front after 80 - really did think dogs were better tonight.

Couple of positive thoughts...
Well proud of how Manly did not throw in the towel.
Great to see a brilliant CLEAN game between these two teams.

Yes, I think I'm over the Des defection.

On the two ex Manly players,
T-Rex is improving but wasn't really a force out there tonight.
But he is just the sort of player who could turn up for 10 minutes & win you the GF.
Hodgkinson - I don't get the negative comments on him.
He is really finding great form after some injuries - remember, he was preferred to DCE!

Good luck to dogs... Hope you come second this year:grinning:

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
T rex was so much better off the bench. Was bending the line back with his hit ups

Status
Not open for further replies.