Not open for further replies.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the refs played fair tonight we might have won by 20

Eagle eye

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well done Dogs. In all honesty, Manly should never have been that close.

We were outplayed tonight and the score flattered Manly. The Dogs were 8-10 points better tonight and Manly had pretty much next to zero in attack in your 20.

I don't know how much ball Manly had but it must have been close to 60%.

About the only thing Manly could complain about is that Reynolds was short. But we got plenty of decisions go our way so fair enough.

Even had Manly won, I still would have been pissed. The early season form has disappeared. Not good signs for Manly.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Manly had 61% possession. 15 completed sets with the ball more than us. 10 - 6 penalty count. Ran 350 more metres and made half as many errors. Refs rode them all the way on their comeback.

We still won :grinning:
This!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That was great to watch another classic at Brookie!!!

Hodko you beauty, he was great tonight as were the whole team tonight. This was the worst refereed game I've watched this year, so many missed calls and soft calls and most of them lead to Manly scoring.

Both referees have some explaining to do and should be dropped that was a disgusting performance, if it wasn't for them we would of won by 18 or 24 realistically. We got robbed of way more points for our for and against...

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

We were outplayed tonight and the score flattered Manly. The Dogs were 8-10 points better tonight and Manly had pretty much next to zero in attack in your 20.

About the only thing Manly could complain about is that Reynolds was short. But we got plenty of decisions go our way so fair enough.

Even had Manly won, I still would have been pissed. The early season form has disappeared. Not good signs for Manly.
Very surprised you would come and say this. Good game

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score

Solid post by Eagle Eye. Respect!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fucken refs tried to hand it to them. Nearly did too, the pricks. I reckon we should take up a collection, and when we reach $10000 give it to des, and tell him to go wild !!

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

cheers mate, nice post, and very humble,

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manly rolled the dice on the last tackle and were very lucky...apart from that we were the better side.our Fwds dominated but jut Mandy's last tackle chop kicks etc caught us off guard...next time we need to watch the last tackle plays.

Spenno

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gotta give a wrap to Hodko today too. Not only that pressure kick but good attacking kicks and seriously solid in defence. He is really warming into this season.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Massive win . We move up the ladder, close the gap on manly to 1 point who are in 4th spot and register our first win against a top 4 side. Next week with the Rorters we will register our 2nd win against top 4 opposition.
We played well, I thought we looked better than Manly even they had more possession. Concerning that we gave up 18 points from their 5th tackle option but I guess they were playing catch up footy. The try that tied the game was as assy you will ever see. Refs played Manly back in the game with silly decisions which gave then heaps of ball.
I'm happy for the win but my heart is racing yet again.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Good on you buddy, even you saw how iffy the refs were...

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well done its hard to admit it when it's your team but the refs were very bad tonight. I think bulldogs were the better side by atleast 12 points and with those stats manly should have out 50 on us. So proud and I don't care we only won by 2... Could have been alot worse for us. It was a must win now bring on the Fuken roorters

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
By far, the most bizarre game I have seen this year, I had to have a triple bypass afterwards. Great effort guys in the face of bullshit after bullshit calls.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well said and good sportmanship Eagle eye.

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hodko also cleaned up a manly kick at the line under pressure.seems to be very goog under pressure and did set up a few of our tries like pritchards....happy with his growing influence on the team

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We did in fact play well tonight BUT our right hand defence needs some work .. the refs tonight needs to be questioned on their performance .. very poor effort and nearly cost up the game .. Manly was only in the game based on the refs silly decisions and penalising out boys ... BUT looks like things have turned for us ... FINALLY

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That was a nasty tackle on Reynolds at the end, whoever lifted him deserves 8 weeks ;)

We looked very sharp in attack during the first half. Hodko put on two tries from kicks and one from an inside pass and his defence is great. Although the way my heart was going when he kicked that goal makes me think he took a quick shot of valium before the attempt, nice work El-Hodkinson.

Defence was great and the fact that we defended so many sets against one of the premiership favorites will give the boys a ton of confidence. I hadn't been convinced that we had quite the same attitude in the forwards but the work done across the park defensively gives me confidence that we're closing in on that aura we had last year. Not a pretty win but one that will build confidence.

On a side note can anyone put up a clip of the Kasiano kick return where he put Stewart on his back then dragged a few defenders another 15-20 metres?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
To win with just 45% of the possession against Manly at Brookvale is an outstanding effort. Penalty count was 10-6 to Manly and the Dogs completed 23/26..that is awesome..the Dogs in that first 20 mins were up to 2012 standard..they are building brilliantly..look out everybody else.. Special mention has to go Graham..how good was he?? Superb!

Status
Not open for further replies.