Israel Folau | Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Be great to have him but he's not worth 800k, plain and simple, better things to do with that sought of money.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hard to know what to think there Todd never gives much away and is quiet often saying stuff to feed the media misdirection.

Did it with Des etc. At the same stage if Folau is going to command 800k when he was commanding 400k for Parra I'm a bit mixed on that. 800K is massive money for one player. Don't get me wrong he is most likely worth that. I'm sure with the blokes going and cap increases etc we can get close though it's most likely the Dogs saying we can't justify paying him 800k.

I still hope he ends up in blue and white, just not with losing Morris or any other big name.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If there is a will there is a way its as simple as that.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Seriously guys.

Now... is he signing or not? I just can't see it. Surely opportunities are so much greater for him in the Rugby world..... would I like him at the dogs? if the price is right....
I still would like to see him at the Bulldogs, hypothetically speaking imagine our back line. Nothing is confirmed obviously, but anything is possible each of their own opinion.

But yes, if the price is right I'd be happy to take him on board wish we knew a little more about the future of Mitch Brown, Tim Browne, Dene Halatau, Trent Hodkinson, Kris Keating, Tim Lafai, Leilani Latu, Drury Low, Junior Palau, Jon Talioe Sila all of contact this year.

Martin Tapou already going to Tigers with rumours of Halatau back at the Tigers.

the villain

New Pup
Reaction score
a rugby union journalist says he's staying. a rugby league journalist says he's coming back. who the fuck knows what's going on.

paying him 800k a year no thank you he can stay if he want's that much money.

600k maybe

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
folau is worth whatever he gets paid. in the air there's no equal and with the wingers getting round he'd score a hundred tries

the villain

New Pup
Reaction score
the bulldogs could sign izzy for 600k top him up with third party there are a lot of companies like nike skins etc who would like him as the face of there product

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
the bulldogs could sign izzy for 600k top him up with third party there are a lot of companies like nike skins etc who would like him as the face of there product

run boy run

S

Sharpy

i know his manager personally, he has offers from heaps of clubs which is pretty obvious, also union, everything is being kept very close to their chest.
any manager worth his salt is not going to go around and say where his client is going or doing. we will all know in due cause.
unlike other small managers who tell everyone what is going on, they are not legally able to discuss their clients situation.
so who no knows which way he goes, lets say he comes out and blitzes the test series against the lions? the union offers him millions, what would you do?
he has alot options to consider and it must be a very hard decision for him

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
Just had on 2GB that he will return to rugby league next year but NOT with the dogs.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
please read post above, no one know at the moment. all is speculation.
Correct! All speco.. we can only dream or keep talking shit about it. We will never know until it actually happens and announced by the club.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Just had on 2GB that he will return to rugby league next year but NOT with the dogs.
Well I know a certain very well placed source running round this forum, saying that if he DOES return to the nrl it is with the Dogs!

I don't think he would be wrong. he has been nothing but on the money!

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
$800K?? get off the crack. yes i wouldnt mind having him in the squad, but that much for someone that wont even touch the ball as much as a half, 5/8, hooker or a fullback even?

as someone else said on here, weve got better things to spend that kinda money on. besides its not like we desperately need a centre/winger.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm at the stage where I don't give a fuck if he does or doesn't sign.

I'm only interested in a halfback tbh. A halfback can win us a GF, as much as Izzy is an awesome player, he wont win us a GF.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
$800K?? get off the crack. yes i wouldnt mind having him in the squad, but that much for someone that wont even touch the ball as much as a half, 5/8, hooker or a fullback even?

as someone else said on here, weve got better things to spend that kinda money on. besides its not like we desperately need a centre/winger.
To be honest, the figures reported are just like the claims he is going to the nrl or staying in union. Pure speculation and most likely utter bullshit.

I don't see him going from 400k with Parra to double+ with any other club. If anything Parra are the ones that have to overpay.

The only reason we know this is true (the 400k) is because it's what the NRL salary cap auditor said he wanted Folau to be on for that year with no backpaying crap which he said quiet publicly.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm at the stage where I don't give a fuck if he does or doesn't sign.

I'm only interested in a halfback tbh. A halfback can win us a GF, as much as Izzy is an awesome player, he wont win us a GF.
What if Izzy plays half back?????? hasnt he developed a new set of skills from AFL and rugby..... hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

He is commanding that sort of money....

Status
Not open for further replies.