Final missed tackles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
anyone got the bulldogs missed tackle stat at fulltime? it was at 1 just after halftime so thats something for the team to be proud of in slippery conditions

excellent defence

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
League Live App says 25 missed tackles

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was happy with the defence. Hell off a lot better than last week.
Lets kill the Dragons! (nothing will make me happier!)

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Doesn't make sense, doesn't it?

PS - Welcome back bro

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read somewhere else that we only missed 14 tackles and had a completion of 88%? Those numbers are phenomenal on any day, let alone on a sopping wet ground

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Doesn't make sense, doesn't it?

PS - Welcome back bro
now im suspect of stats, the channel 9 guy might have a different opinion of a missed tackle compared to the app guy

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I read somewhere else that we only missed 14 tackles and had a completion of 88%? Those numbers are phenomenal on any day, let alone on a sopping wet ground
32/41 completions, not too bad in a wet game

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
now im suspect of stats, the channel 9 guy might have a different opinion of a missed tackle compared to the app guy
A mate of mine is doing some basic stats collection for Newtown Jets. The Jets staff are apparently completely distrusting of any stats they see after the guy who does the Holden Cup stats for the Roosters tried to claim that the Roosters missed only one tackle during a half when they had 30 points put on them. Some of these things are very open to interpretation.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
A mate of mine is doing some basic stats collection for Newtown Jets. The Jets staff are apparently completely distrusting of any stats they see after the guy who does the Holden Cup stats for the Roosters tried to claim that the Roosters missed only one tackle during a half when they had 30 points put on them. Some of these things are very open to interpretation.
did he have to go through some sort of test to make sure he has the correct interpretation

like i imagine higher up in nrl clubs, stats guys or scouts have to be in sync

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
did he have to go through some sort of test to make sure he has the correct interpretation

like i imagine higher up in nrl clubs, stats guys or scouts have to be in sync
Nope. He was amazed at how amateur everything is at that level. The Jets don't even keep stats week to week. They get a sheet of paper with the stats on, and it gets chucked out at the end of the week. Incredible, really. I'd have thought that the Roosters would have thrown a few dollars their way to ensure that their players turning out for the Jets were being properly monitored. I can't believe that the NRL side can possibly be as disorganised or incompetent in this area as the Jets are.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Nope. He was amazed at how amateur everything is at that level. The Jets don't even keep stats week to week. They get a sheet of paper with the stats on, and it gets chucked out at the end of the week. Incredible, really. I'd have thought that the Roosters would have thrown a few dollars their way to ensure that their players turning out for the Jets were being properly monitored. I can't believe that the NRL side can possibly be as disorganised or incompetent in this area as the Jets are.
and youve also got hasler who is i think is trying to bring in sophisticated metric stats into rugby league which depends on getting stats accurate and probably splits them into more specific categories, so the bulldogs are certainly going to have their stats in order

it must be a nightmare to figure out league metrics btw, baseball is almost an absolutely stat based game while rugby league is so random

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Rodzilla has a brilliant future :D

Status
Not open for further replies.