Referees against us!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Difficult to say. When I watch teams that I don't support, I often see one side copping more attention than the other. So I think it's endemic.

However, we only remember when it's us who are dudded.

While I acknowledge that other teams get some unfair calls, there are always a couple that seem to be immune from the petty penalties that often decide close games. I'm sure that we all know at least one side that can stand offside, not mark up square, and hold down without penalty.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Difficult to say. When I watch teams that I don't support, I often see one side copping more attention than the other. So I think it's endemic.

However, we only remember when it's us who are dudded.

While I acknowledge that other teams get some unfair calls, there are always a couple that seem to be immune from the petty penalties that often decide close games. I'm sure that we all know at least one side that can stand offside, not mark up square, and hold down without penalty.
Storm, storm and storm.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Souths have lost the penalty count in games this year and so have the jewsters
Doesnt matter, they may have lost the count but you have to consider where and when the penalties were awarded, IE what would be more helpful, 10 penalties in your own 10m line or 5 penalties on the oppositions 10m line?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well we may not be able to prove they are against us but sure as shit you can't say they help us

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Both sides got puzzling calls in this game against the Broncs

I don't subscribe to the theory refs are out to get us

RaaYzR

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Last try to the Broncos was complete bullshit.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Both sides got puzzling calls in this game against the Broncs

I don't subscribe to the theory refs are out to get us
I agree 85% on this but also think they have a hatred for Ennis and can't help but throw the 50-50 the other way. I noticed last night on the tv coverage after Ennis almost intercepted the ball and then drop kicked it over the post. When Ennis returned to the scrum he was having a laugh about it and the look the ref gave was bemused to say the least...usually refs have a lil laugh with the players when the occassion permits. Also in the first half we got a penalty and Ennis was yelling at him/talking too him and that was not required, as a captain if we get the penalty just go with it. I have no doubt Ennis would have 99% of the refs off side!

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously this is a dud thread. If the refs were out to get us don't you think it would be a massive scandal by now? Don't you think TG, the Board and DH would be talking to the NRL about it?

It so stupid to think the refs are out to get us. Im sure if you were at supporter of another team and watched the bulldogs games you'd have a totally different view

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cowboys get screwed by the refs regularly. They really cop it. Eg last night, eg last years semi against manly.
If ennis wasn't in our team this thread would not exist.
I love ennis but just saying he antagonises everyone. Refs and opponents.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't apply a blanket rule by saying 'refs are against us'. Having said that there are some specific refs that relentlessly punish us. Ben Cummings is one of them.

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We won last night and I still seen calls that were harsh against us !!the cowboys are another team that cop it so are the eels .the sharks the storm ,manly roosters (this year )and the nights are protected species by the refs .i hope next week without barba and Morris we get a win , it will be hard but I'm just hoping.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
On that note did anyone else listen to the radio last weekend when Paul Kent and Bill Harrigan were arguing about pre-conceived refereeing?? Bill admitted that the refs would "do there homework" mid week on certain players before the match and look for those particular indiscretions. Kent took the side of that's prejudicial and unfair and I agree on this issue. The refs must and should call on what's in front of them and not what they have already in the minds to look for.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We won last night and I still seen calls that were harsh against us !!the cowboys are another team that cop it so are the eels .the sharks the storm ,manly roosters (this year )and the nights are protected species by the refs .i hope next week without barba and Morris we get a win , it will be hard but I'm just hoping.
How many players will the Dragons lose for origin?

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it was to bad the reffing that forward pass for us which lead to our first try. There where 1 or 2 tries i thought shit but this is the game atleast it wasnt like last week.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree 85% on this but also think they have a hatred for Ennis and can't help but throw the 50-50 the other way. I noticed last night on the tv coverage after Ennis almost intercepted the ball and then drop kicked it over the post. When Ennis returned to the scrum he was having a laugh about it and the look the ref gave was bemused to say the least...usually refs have a lil laugh with the players when the occassion permits. Also in the first half we got a penalty and Ennis was yelling at him/talking too him and that was not required, as a captain if we get the penalty just go with it. I have no doubt Ennis would have 99% of the refs off side!
I think what you say has merit for the particular topic you're talking about, but I don't think they're making a decision on what should or shouldn't be a penalty on any of our other 16 players in any particular game, because Ennis is our Captain.

Like, if Morris gets pulled up for a questionable call for too long in the tackle, I don't think the refs are thinking 'yeah, let's sting him anyways, Ennis is his Captain'.

But, I do recognise Ennis has gotten them riled up a bit from time to time in other scenarios where a call that involved him personally that possibly/probably has gone against us. And while that's not fair refereeing, I don't class it as 'refs out to get us'. There's plenty of times Ennis has won us a penalty too, by being vocal, without going too hard at them. No disrespect to Bobcat, but he would never 'really' challenge them. Two ends of the spectrum them 2 Captains eh lol

That said, I laughed so hard last night when the Ref was calling out the Captains and he was looking for Thaiday, but Wallace was walking over. The Ref started saying 'no not you' and Ennis was shoo-ing him away as well and telling 'nah not you mate, not you, go away' fknlol

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
On that note did anyone else listen to the radio last weekend when Paul Kent and Bill Harrigan were arguing about pre-conceived refereeing?? Bill admitted that the refs would "do there homework" mid week on certain players before the match and look for those particular indiscretions. Kent took the side of that's prejudicial and unfair and I agree on this issue. The refs must and should call on what's in front of them and not what they have already in the minds to look for.
Here's a rarity, something I can agree on with the media hack who issues News Limted

Status
Not open for further replies.