DISCUSSION THREAD | Round 11 | Bulldogs v Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.

outoforder

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our halves are spastics in the opposition red zone.

I thought Brisbane were dreadful and I didn't see much improvement in the side apart from some nice touches from Barba.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Second half attack was a lot better, even in the 20m zone. I think they are trying too hard and want to score of every play. Reynolds and Hodko need to work on their short kicking game to get us repeat sets when we don't/can't score.
I'm happy with the repeat sets. Attack will follow!

I was happy with our ball handling tonight considering the conditions.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not too sure if its in another thread but commiserations to Des's brother!

RIP!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not too sure if its in another thread but commiserations to Des's brother!

RIP!
Was a great sign of respect to Hasler and Thompson with the minute silence from both the teams and the crowd, and the black arm bans.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was a great sign of respect to Hasler and Thompson with the minute silence from both the teams and the crowd, and the black arm bans.
What happened to Des's brother? How old was he? Who did he leave behind (wife / kids)?

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Great to see repeat sets. I was getting to the point I thought we wouldn't see one all year. If we continue to concentrate on our defence the points will start coming like last year..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Main worry from that game was Reynolds.. clearly he's having issues with the shoulder.

What happened at the little melee at the end? Who was involved in that
From what I saw looked like Kas or Pritchard deliberately tripped one of the Broncos guys and ran off, and it went from there.

The absence of Tony Williams this match spoke volumes...hopefully Des has seen this and play him off the bench. FFS Tim Browne runs 10x harder than Tony Williams.
Not to mention he ran like a gazelle from the kick off into the line.

Anyone know how long we have Mitch Brown for?
Ends this year along with Drury Low and Jon Sila.

Tails

Waterboy
Reaction score

I thought Brisbane were dreadful and I didn't see much improvement in the side apart from some nice touches from Barba.
Hokko improved tonight a few more runs tonight and worked the edges fine. It was our right side that looked disfunctional out there tonight no cohesion at all. Josh was definitely off his normal game tonight. He will bounce back!

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Have to agree to an extent. Thought Brisbane were very average, we played ok but I'm not convinced we have turned our season around

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Theirs a thread mate http://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=101010

May he rest in peace, good efforts for the silence and I'm glad I didn't hear any idiots loud mouth themselves off during the silence (theirs always one idiot) through my TV speakers everyone showed great respect
I was at the game and there were a few people disrespecting the minutes silence as usual. Very disappointing.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Great to see repeat sets. I was getting to the point I thought we wouldn't see one all year. If we continue to concentrate on our defence the points will start coming like last year..
Yep. Wet weather footy too, so I wasn't expecting anything expansive anyways. The communication and combinations will come in time too

15 rounds to go, patience is a virtue, especially with a coach like Hasler. We're about 2 months behind the competition and only really just getting started the last few weeks. That will never be lost on me

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
^spot on mate. We played our normal expansive game in the wet and had good a completion rate. there were some other really good signs too. The speed and power at times was impressive and although we got two simple tries with props barging over, the Broncos tryline defence was good otherwise. Lafai and Frank had several tries denied.

We are slowly gelling and will be unstoppable come finals time imo. Sam, James and Frank making big inroads with good organisation from Hodko and ad lib from Reynolds, with Barba, Morris and Inu with the finishing touches. There's no reason why we can't go one better this season with plenty of time left to perfect our game.

Status
Not open for further replies.