Perspective on Perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The competition isnt close. On sterlo they mentioned that they haven't seen a season where the top sides were so much better then the bottom.
So now we take what commentators say as being gospel? Please!

The only side that's showing consistent form is Souths. Rorters, Manly and Melbourne have all shown weakness and vulnerability. There are still 16 more rounds. A guarantee u thst a lot will change between now and then.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Win or Lose i'll die a Doggies supporter!! Cant wait till nxt week @ ANZ !! Proud of the boys today!
I agree with you 100% about being a Doggies supporter, I'd give up league before changing teams but what exactly are you proud of today, apart from Graham?

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
"all we need is a little cohesion". (Kevin Moore 2011)

ninja_h

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don't really have much to input. Everything I want to say has already been said. it's just their attitude that puts me off today. Sure the refs suck, we played away, the Knights crowd suck, mason sucks, a game felt like an explosion that was gonna blow off, but u can't let all these do ur head in!

Tbh I don't get why Hesler decided to speak out about Robinson before the game though everything he said is true - but I'm not sure that helped motivate and lift up our guys? This is more distracting as you can't control these external factors, do you think they are going to change the way they ref just because we've said something? You just have to focus on yourselves and your game. My 2 cents.

I'm neither pessimistic nor optimistic. Unless they can pull out some physical and mental consistencies, we can save on finals tickets. I would like to think they can.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
the chicken man is right :p

but you do make a valid point. most teams have an abundance of talent in their side. if they get in the right headspace, then theyre half-way to winning the game.
Thats funny!

I think its a loss we needed. We cant keep giving starts to the opposition.

The boys need to forget about last year & get there minds on the job. The short turnaround will help.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I appreciate all the positive words spoken bout my beloved bulldogs but c'mon people.

When do we say enough is enough.... I'm sick of hearing we are getting there, we will win, we are trying, we didn't show up. At the end of the day football is a game of consistency. We have no injuries, we have our full squad back, we have played a couple years with basically the same side... Now tell me why we got over 40 points put on us? There is no reason what so ever. These guys get paid great money to do a 80min job a week and still can't it right... If we had a go and made a contest out of it then I will agree with all the comments but that was just plain old pathetic.

even if we make the 8 this year I think it will be an early season for us this year. There's a problem and I think it needs to be resolved and I can't think of anyone better then des to do so. Just hope he does it sooner then later
This. I could cop losing to the Knights at Hunter stadium in a hard foight loss but I can't cop a team with the players we have losing by 36 to any team, anywhere.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
What a simplistic view!!!

Just because some people choose to be somewhat realistic you choose to view it as pessimistic? Fuck sake...!!!

The most concerning part for me is that we haven't evolved much from last year.

Last year we were a two tricks pony..... That is use our two best prop forwards as make-shift half backs and also play off the offloads those 2 create. Our set plays were quite simply play the ball, pass to forward, forward turns back to opposition, pass ball to hooker who runs around and passes to half or 5/8 who passes out the back to barba.

We do not have another set play apart from the one I mentioned. We are still using our props as half backs and the offloads are not quite working for us because our 2 forwards are somewhat under done.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
James Graham was again our most likely to make something happen and set up our only try. Our halves were sadly lacking. I hardly noticed them tbh. Without good organisation you have no hope of beating a competent opponent.

benjo

Waterboy
Reaction score
All this negativity is making me sick. Pull your heads in.

All is not lost. We will turn this around. We have the talent to do so. DES just needs to get up them, which I am sure he will do this week.
Unless Dessie is the problem??????

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
This. I could cop losing to the Knights at Hunter stadium in a hard foight loss but I can't cop a team with the players we have losing by 36 to any team, anywhere.
I'll support this club until the day I die. And even then, the famous Royal Blue and White of the Bulldogs Flag will be drapped over my coffin. But yesterday, I had enough, I viewed this season with a lot of expectation and that is not being met.

What they didn't do.... They didn't put the man on his back. They didn't complete sets of six. They didn't work as a team. They didn't stop giving away stupid penalities. They didn't perform. They didn't score points in a half off footy, again. Now, I have to walk around the block and visit my neighbour across the back ally. Because on the roof of his shed is a brand new Bulldogs stubby holder I got at ANZ against the Tigers. When the Knights scored their third of the second half, that is where it ended up, with a near full stubbie inside it.

I love this footy club. But today I am so disappointed in them that I have sent them to their respective rooms.

PS: The boys below will be waiting a long time for their Redemption if we continue to play footy like we did yesterday.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I told all the haters we would bounce back this week
Free chicken for da boiz who believed!!! :p

I've still gotta come down to your shop, bloody uni and these assignments.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha, who is that chick btw?

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Oh look, we're equal 6th, only 3 wins behind 2nd place and we still have 15 rounds to go after this weekend

Nope, want to count my chickens now eh, despite having so many of our players out for the first 2+ months of this season

:grinning:

We can't be compared to the top 4 when they have all been relatively injury and suspension free. They all have 2 months head start, yet we're only 4 wins behind the ladder leaders and we have nearly 4 months of footy still to come. I'll see how they're looking after the Origin period

:grinning:

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah you better tell us or you'll get a thumbs down!
Hahaha... her name is on my profile, I posted it a while ago she's the same chick as my previous Av.

Status
Not open for further replies.