Trent Hodkinsons goalkicking

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
El Hodko's goal kicking has been a fun feature of the game and bonus lately. Hopefully he keeps the job for the rest of the season and keeps up the high percentage. He's doing better than Goodwin or Inu when they got the job and they were pretty good.

it's uncanny how we keep finding excellent goal kickers, whilst some teams haven't had a good one for ages, eg: Brisbane.
Couldn't help but notice how Parker has really dropped off. Use to be a lot better than how he's going this season. Can't remember his percentage last year

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Parker has been a really consistent kicker in previous years.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I just wish commentators would shut there gobs before a goalkick. How many times do you see them miss after a commentator chimes in and says, "ohh he'll kick this straight over"?.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
They need to get Halligan back in over the break to do some more coaching with him

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Goal Kicking is a confidence thing like Golf I guess, sometimes the harder you try the worse it gets and the worst thing a coach can do is sack him as a kicker.
Trent will come good!! Inu for line drop outs always hits the 1/2 way line.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Goal Kicking is a confidence thing like Golf I guess, sometimes the harder you try the worse it gets and the worst thing a coach can do is sack him as a kicker.
Trent will come good!! Inu for line drop outs always hits the 1/2 way line.
Was thinking yesterday even after a couple of misses that he will be spending a good whack of time practising his goalkicking before next game. He was clearly pissed off with it so I have no doubt he will get the assistance he needs and come good.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was thinking yesterday even after a couple of misses that he will be spending a good whack of time practising his goalkicking before next game. He was clearly pissed off with it so I have no doubt he will get the assistance he needs and come good.

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He just needs more night footy has missed all but two of his missed kicks during day games lol

doggy_dave

Waterboy
Reaction score
I didn't see the Mackay game but noticed y/day he was wearing new boots.. not the white/blue ones that he has for most of the year

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hodko's goal kicking still seems off. I'm beginning to wonder whether his accuracy during the start of the year may have flattered him.

What do you think, is he the real deal, or should we start looking at someone else for next year?

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What I'd do is let Hodkinson kick goals on the left side, while Inu kicks the goals on the right side.

I've noticed that Hodkinson and Inu defenitely have preferences to which side they kick better from.

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His kicking has been much better the past two weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.