Who's your favourite non Bulldogs player of the modern era?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bulldogs_fan_69

another one is Justin Hodges. bit of a grub but really entertaining to watch

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
IMO Inglis is really maturing as a player. Years ago he was a freak (I was at the SCG when he threw that ball overhead in the Anzac Test for Gasnier (?). But the he seemed to lose his way a bit, got fat, had some issues, but now, he is the best player in the comp.

As for non-dogs players I just have to admire (and someone I would have welcomed to the Dogs in a heartbeat), i'm going with Darren Lockyer. Made a switch in position and went onto become a champion, loyal clubman... as good as Joey, and craps on Cameron Smith.

MrDogzOfWar

Dogz At War!
Reaction score
Andrew Johns. I loved watching him play. The greatest player I have seen, but I love watching Inglis play also. The guy is just a freak. His fend gives me wood.
Andrew Johns only played good when he had the white line before the game lol..

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shaun Fensom...not that many people would watch the raiders but this block constantly carries that team usually playing through injury. But not good enough for a country jersey apparently. I've lost a great deal of respect for him since retirement but Joey is the best and most influential player I've seen.

Stringer

CAR RAMROD
Reaction score
Current player i love watching is Kieran Foran, no self-preservation.

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
Hindmarsh is up there, as is Gallen. It's hard picking favourites, but these are certainly players I admire. Their contribution to the origin side has also helped sway me. The amount of people here stating that SBW is one of their favourite non-Bulldogs players is insane. Maybe I'm just a bitter and angry bloke but I can;t understand how he can be forgiven and re-embraced after he turned his back on our club and more importantly, our game.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Martin Bella. I know he played a couple years with us but he played for other clubs as well. He was great to watch in QLD origin even though I am a NSW supporter!

Mark Carroll was another gun in Origin!

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin Bella. I know he played a couple years with us but he played for other clubs as well. He was great to watch in QLD origin even though I am a NSW supporter!

Mark Carroll was another gun in Origin!
What was so good about Martin Bella?

doggie-style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Awen g........
Dont know how to spell his last name from the warriors few years back
And for a couple seasons i liked watching richard villasanti

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He never gave up!
Off the field he seemd quite articulate, well spoken, but on the field there was definately mongrel in him.

[video=youtube;wvK1A_9r1iA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvK1A_9r1iA[/video]

Then there was the time he played the ball backwards during a SOO match.....

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Off the field he seemd quite articulate, well spoken, but on the field there was definately mongrel in him.

[video=youtube;wvK1A_9r1iA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvK1A_9r1iA[/video]

Then there was the time he played the ball backwards during a SOO match.....
I remember him just going for it no mater what.

Another player that gave me the shits was Langer. Top player in Origin. That little shit could pull a rabbit from his arse!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Did you really think he would have signed with any other club? Warriors and Dragons included
Carney? Nah.. probably not... mostly stirring you:grinning:

BUT, the Panfers don't seem to be signing much in the way of quality lately...

Status
Not open for further replies.