What was wrong with Ben tonite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's definitely an issue with Barba. Not himself yet this season. I can only guess that not seeing his kids every day (the mother has taken them back to Queensland right?) is affecting his focus. Also he doesn't have the crutch of alcohol and gambling now. Reality biting perhaps.

Edit: reading a few more posts and reminded that Ben is trying hard which is good. He was backing up a lot, especially when Bupa hit it up but I noticed in our first or second try he didn't have that big smile on his face like last year. He looked serious. Maybe he's trying too hard and not enjoying it but he should be right with some time.

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He might have been busting to go to the toilet.... He was celebrating with the players after every try and was disappointed when he stuffed a few opportunities...wouldn't be worried about it.
That's what I thought as well. He shook hands with everyone and left.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Admitadely hes marked heaps more than last year whenever he gets ball has 3 players all over him but he still doesnt look as sharp ,more gametime he will come good

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's probably dissapointed that he cant find the form to impress the selectors for origin. He's current form doesnt warrant selection but if he got picked it would really boost his confidence.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ben wasn't owning teams in the first 5 rounds last year. He took time. He has only played 5 games so far and these things take time. He began his big run to the Dally M in the back end of the season.

Just got Bupa and Kas back getting some go forward too.

MrDogzOfWar

Dogz At War!
Reaction score
I went to the game and the guy was everywhere... Made some good runs.. Defended good... Don't be brained washed by Channel 9 coverage!! To me Ben barba has had probably had his best game this season..

Lets hope he fires up against the warriors at MT Smart Stadium!!

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
i noticed this as well and found it quite odd. as he jogged up the tunnel with his head down, we clapped and cheered him without even a return glance. its prob nothing to be concerned about. maybe he was p1ssed off that he bombed that pass towards the end? but still after a 40-4 flogging, a little bit of recognition couldn't have been too hard.

and just ftr, im not bagging the bloke. i admire his effort and is slowly getting into the groove again. all the best to him.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You guys should be detectives, reading way too much into things. The bloke prob justneeded to drop a shit . Gosh

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
LOL Moe ... quite likely... some things don't wait.

Heck for all we know he might have had a bad taco before the game and got the squirts.

------------

On the flipside, people need to remember, in his peak he was godlike. Absolutely everywhere, blitzing opposition. He was a winner, a champion, and KNEW he could put on points. He is used to being able to absolutely blitz opposing players.

That's now changed since he went to rehab.

Probably down on self esteem and having trouble getting back into the swing of things.

With Bupa and Kas back, and TRex coming alive finally, I think Benny will start to make significant improvements in his game.

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the end if the game he was straight up tunnel by himself. Didn't look happy. Didn't acknowledge the crowd? Didn't stay on the field with the rest of the team
He was the only player I was dissapointed in. He just didn't seem to have any confidence at all. Something is wrong.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does everyone expect this guy to blitz teams, score 3 times a game, set up 4 tries every game? For fucks sake the kid is out there every week trying his arse off, stop heaping pressure and unrealistic expectations! He's trying his best and as supporters that's all we ask. He's slowly getting back to where he was!

matauce

Baller
Reaction score
Yeah he'll get there. I think hes just putting too much pressure on himself.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He probably feels worse that now even T-Rex is performing.

I can only imagine what it feels like to be one of the highest paid players, and performance-wise feel like you were the worst on field.

Not that Barba played bad by the way. He did everything right but score a try; Morris did the same last night and we all seem to agree that he had a good game.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i heard sterlo say that he was banned from putting cream/vaso or whatever it was on his legs? or was he speaking about someone else? I dont remember hearing about any of that

Status
Not open for further replies.