Not open for further replies.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Another good point made in the press conference. Teams are marking Barba up more and keeping an eye on where he is on the field, to the point of calling it verbally. As a result Ennis mentioned Barba is working on new parts of his game to avoid detection. :grinning:
He should learn how to be Invisible.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There can be no doubt about it, it was Ben's best game of the season. Saving two tries in the first half plus showing incredible eye / reflex coordination to score one after his kick riccocheted off Hodges. Then in the second half his lovely kick return run which almost bought us another try.

And guess what... he will get better than that.
And that was on a wet track. Imagine how well we'll be in a dry game and we've had more games under our belt as a team and have our combinations executing better. I think we'll be looking great after the Origin is done and building strongly down the home stretch to the finals

Premiers aren't decided in the first 3 months of the comp. Here we come

Malla

Reaction score
An underrated aspect of Barba's game is his knack of saving tries with last ditch efforts. Seems to do it consistently and get's himself into position all the time.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think his form has been really good. Not outstanding, but really good.

He hasn't scored many tries, but he has been making breaks, linking with the halves well and offloading when he can. And defensively he hasn't missed a beat. He has picking up rolling grubbers off of his boot laces like it was nothing.
Like I said, has not been bad at all!

Scores 1 try, and all of a sudden... media: "Ben Barba recaptures 2012 form"

Anyone that has been watching him could see that all the small efforts were there. H was doing everything right. Was only going to be a matter of time before something clicked.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Great game by Benny tonight, there were some blunders in defense by him but by seeing his body language he really felt he let the team down with them, he is playing for boys and his family by the looks of it now keep it up Benny!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Scored 2 and and a beautiful cut out pass for another, dare I say it, I think we will see 2012 Benny real soon!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Scored 2 and and a beautiful cut out pass for another, dare I say it, I think we will see 2012 Benny real soon!
He is starting to peak and show some of that form.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
100% agree.. he needs to back himself more in defence like he did last year.. im sure it will happen for him again. too good a kid not to.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
We have a game coming up in a few weeks in Mackay, his home town. Look out Knights!

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
BB will never be allowed to repeat what he did in 2012.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We have a game coming up in a few weeks in Mackay, his home town. Look out Knights!
Well we beat Storm there last time and it was our best game of the year which included THAT try.

Knights may go down by a margin.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Titans, Broncos in queue for Bulldogs star Ben Barba

BEN Barba's future at Canterbury is not yet guaranteed beyond this season, with the reigning Dally M medallist featuring in recruitment talks with two Queensland clubs.

The Courier-Mail understands Gold Coast and Brisbane have been sounded out over their willingness to sign Barba from the Bulldogs in 2014.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s-star-ben-barba/story-fni3gv5x-1226661441671

Gold Coast CEO David May last night denied any knowledge of his club being approached, with his Bulldogs counterpart Todd Greenberg giving the same answer.

Brisbane chief executive Paul White and recruitment manager Andrew Gee did not return calls.
So why is there even a story?

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I'd gladly take Folau over Barba tbh. It would be a far greater loss to lose Morris. Barba is still very suspect in some area. Has not been safe under the high ball, is very suspect cleaning up short kicks and his front on defence is terrible. All the tries he saves he let the players get past him then uses his pace to cut them down. That simply doesn't work if they break line less than 30 out as shown by Luis try on Saturday.

At the moment he has all the hallmarks of a Ewan McGrady type player.

Big dominant fullbacks are so much more effective IMO.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So we have a "love triangle" now with Folau, Barba and Morris. If we had to lose one I would get rid of Morris, he has been very quiet this year

With that being said, I don't think Barba will leave, just his manager trying to get more money. If Todd was still the CEO then I think he would of left

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
The Barba story came from The Telecrap. Sounds like total BS!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The dogs need to say to barba ok we want to extend your contract and if he has no intention of staying long term then sign falou and release him ,we dont want to miss falou and then have barba leave in a year or 2

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So we have a "love triangle" now with Folau, Barba and Morris. If we had to lose one I would get rid of Morris, he has been very quiet this year

With that being said, I don't think Barba will leave, just his manager trying to get more money. If Todd was still the CEO then I think he would of left
Disagree. If I dropped one of them it would be Folau.

Status
Not open for further replies.