• No

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
So Gareth is off contract at the end of this year also, http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-on-new-contract/story-e6frepaf-1226614466143 he is put down as a fullback and five eigth. I don't know if he has ever played halfback nor do I think he is one. The question would be do we/can we adjust our team to solve our current problem utilising Gareth. A suggestion could be Barba to halfback, Reynolds 5/8 and Gareth at Fullback. Do we gain enough from this considering Barba's excellence at Fullback but Widdop is a real good player also. I assume he knows Graham which may help being fellow pommies and maybe Tolman if there paths crossed at melbourne. I would also assume it would be real hard to lure him away from the storm. I'm just throwing ideas around considering the lack of available halfbacks for 2014.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Barba - Fullback.

If ever Widdop decided he wanted to test the market, then perhaps we could accommodate him in the halves, under the guidance of the supercoach.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Isn't there talk of the Storm in a salary cap scandal again? If so lets grab Cronk.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Gareth Widdop is interested in playing elsewhere I say the Bulldogs should make a big play for him. With Greg Eastwood or Josh Jackson at lock, Josh Reynolds at half ane Widdop at five eighth the Bulldogs would have a very strong scrum base re attack and defence.

But I don't think Widdop would go from the premiers to a non performing club. So to make him a Bulldog our forwards have to reinvent themselves real quick so we can start winning games. And this means you too T-Rex.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So Gareth is off contract at the end of this year also, http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-on-new-contract/story-e6frepaf-1226614466143 he is put down as a fullback and five eigth. I don't know if he has ever played halfback nor do I think he is one. The question would be do we/can we adjust our team to solve our current problem utilising Gareth. A suggestion could be Barba to halfback, Reynolds 5/8 and Gareth at Fullback. Do we gain enough from this considering Barba's excellence at Fullback but Widdop is a real good player also. I assume he knows Graham which may help being fellow pommies and maybe Tolman if there paths crossed at melbourne. I would also assume it would be real hard to lure him away from the storm. I'm just throwing ideas around considering the lack of available halfbacks for 2014.
Yeah, I think we can GrogDog. Josh Reynolds startrd ot as a half back, so without much rejigging we leave Barba at fullback, give Josh Reynolds the #7 and put Widdop at five eighth.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
why do we need a running 5/8th?

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
we need a ball playing half back..........unfortunetly there are very few around and none off contract

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No widdop, soward a better option , I can't name many players that have left Melbourne and actually gone on with it (other then GI ) smith cronk and slater make average players look very good , hence the reason props on the scrap heap go down there and look a million bucks , but in saying this widdop could be an exception but I'm not convinced

Klem Bupa-Berg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Isn't there talk of the Storm in a salary cap scandal again? If so lets grab Cronk.
My understanding is its for the escapees from last time only. Not much will be made of it.

Widdop, not a style of player I like. Reynolds outclasses him and needs to be re-signed. Maybe official announcements wont be heard til close to round 13? (before or after).

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Cooper Cronk makes him look better than he actually is. Might give us a bit of depth in the back but I don't think he is unnecessary but thats about it tbh

TJW

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
he will stay in melbourne for now and move back to england towards the end of his career for a few years. no chance of going to the dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.