Eels convinced Folau will sign with Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly ! $400,000 for a winger and another $2000 for his cold&flu medication after standing, shivering outside Keating.
He has been playing rugby, he would have built up a resistance by now

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
After last year the Bulldogs should be focussing on retension and not propaganda from other clubs.
Tolman, Pritchard and Eastwood will do just fine, sick of scum trying to destabilize.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get izzy is a gun but like others have said doesn't anyone else but the supporters realise we need a good play maker. Look I'm not going to jump onto the hate keating band wagon but c'mon it's quite evident that our playmakers are non existent and I'm scared to see what the roosters are going to do to us when we fail to put field position into points... It's actually embarrassing seeing keating throw the ball as fast as he can on the last tackle to anyone close enough to him when we are in the attacking 10-20

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Eels are sick of being used as leverage by other clubs to suit their signing agendas.
If they had better management, they'd be staying ahead of the game (recruitment and retention tactics that is).

surely if Izzy came to the Dogs he would play in the Centres pushing Inu to the Wing ?
Absolutely. Morris and Folau centres, with plenty of decent quality options on the wings.

But like we all agree, halfback is our issue. Good coin should be saved for a first receiver

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need him bad people are deluded if they cant see that ,matai was like a fly swatter with lafai we are weak in halfback and centre and wingers

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Guess what ?

Folau first got his break by replacing Steve Turner at the Storm....

History repeating itself perhaps?

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We need him bad people are deluded if they cant see that ,matai was like a fly swatter with lafai we are weak in halfback and centre and wingers
Inu at right centre is fine. Might be a bit harsh on Lafai mate. Not a natural right centre and only just slotted in (new combo) and at 1st grade level no less.

Matai is a grand final winning, (former?) international representative who is well established in his position and has built a combination with his inside and outside man. Consistency is a big thing.

I take what you're saying, just feel it's not this bad. Each to their own I guess bro :grinning:

If we could get Folau AND fix our halfback problem (the latter being head and shoulders above any other debate on perceived positional issues), then, i'm not complaining at all :D

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Inu at right centre is fine. Might be a bit harsh on Lafai mate. Not a natural right centre and only just slotted in (new combo) and at 1st grade level no less.

Matai is a grand final winning, (former?) international representative who is well established in his position and has built a combination with his inside and outside man. Consistency is a big thing.

I take what you're saying, just feel it's not this bad. Each to their own I guess bro :grinning:

If we could get Folau AND fix our halfback problem (the latter being head and shoulders above any other debate on perceived positional issues), then, i'm not complaining at all :D
I agree with you mate lafai did ok and as you day only has just come back and matai is a gun centre such a good player in my opinion and last year before he got injured lafai looked really good great footwork ,i just feel we are very like on in backs been exposed more by barba being out ,turner retiring ,perets bad form and inu

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree with you mate lafai did ok and as you day only has just come back and matai is a gun centre such a good player in my opinion and last year before he got injured lafai looked really good great footwork ,i just feel we are very like on in backs been exposed more by barba being out ,turner retiring ,perets bad form and inu
We're certainly having a bad run on all fronts at the moment

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I got a feeling he is a done deal already.

Word going around is that he may even be a mid season signing IF the waratahs don't make the finals

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
I got a feeling he is a done deal already.

Word going around is that he may even be a mid season signing IF the waratahs don't make the finals
He is still registered with that code till December, regardless if they make the finals or not. Good luck on the NRL allowing this to happen.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He is still registered with that code till December, regardless if they make the finals or not. Good luck on the NRL allowing this to happen.
I know the nrl hate us, but they can make some money from the "prodigal son"

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know the nrl hate us, but they can make some money from the "prodigal son"
We're a shoe-in then. SBW (walkout) and Gasnier (questionable contract agreement) coming back the way they did and the NRL frothing at the mouth behind closed doors. The battle for western Sydney etc. etc.......hello Izzy :D

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard this deal is already done but of course massive denial from dogs ATM
We will lose frank and Tolman unfortunately unless they take massive pay cuts which I doubt they will do

MrDogzOfWar

Dogz At War!
Reaction score
Seriously Fu*k the Parramatta Eels.. Just a Bunch of Sore losers they are

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
The bloke was a marketing tool against the NRL.

He is talented but the NRL should not allow him back

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I still to this day will admit that Ricky is nothing but a over rated coach full stop.
Agreed 100% CBD, he quit the Sharks when they needed him most, got kicked out as the Australian coach, he quit the SOO team when he saw he could not deliver the goods either said he would not give up until NSW won a series, he said he came close and set it up for the next coach, set up what??
As far as I am concerned he is a quitter, similar to the one and only $BW the trd !!

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The bloke was a marketing tool against the NRL.

He is talented but the NRL should not allow him back
SBW was way worse, he sh!t on his team mates and all the fans and let him back in, Falou was at least up front about his move and moved on after his contract with the Horses expired.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We dont need Folau. Replacing who?

Status
Not open for further replies.