Judas

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Personally, I think it's a poor idea. Like, REALLY poor idea

Media will love exploiting you and this will reinforce our stereotype in a lot of mentally deficient opposition fans who can't think for themselves and let media sway them (which is a significant percentage of fans at all clubs)

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about "SBW - Once a Bulldog now a mongrel".

Biggest problem is that SBW can't read, Mundane and Nasser do all his reading for him.

Anyway, I can't see this ending well..

The best way to show your appreciation towards Sonny?? Turn your backs to him when he takes the field.

It's implying suicide.

The Bulldogs are a BIG supporter of BeyondBlue, and anyone who has had someone pass away as a result of suicide will not appreciate that banner.
That's what I'll be doing.

JRC

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hi heard this one somewhere, probably on here.

'SBW, left like a dog, came back a cock'
classic

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
What are you all talking about. SBW will make a break run 90 and slide under the post right into the middle frame of the behind goal camera with his finger up in a "I'm number one" hand gesture. I still haven't got over when Mason did it. Some times it's not easy being a Dogs fan.

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah.... mentioning people necking themselves is going a bit too far =( ....

But ... we need something creative that puts across our hatred , but can't be
offensive enough to be taken away ..... come on guys lets nut this one out and
come up with some good suggestions ....

Also think outside the square when doing the signs... even if its a few signs
or letters that can be brought in by themselves without any questions , then arranged
inside to make one bigger sign or a statement =P

ps : I do like the "SBW, left like a dog, came back a cock" ... good work

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Free speech go for it.
After Sonny left in 2008 the team showed plenty of heart and courage in the face of big name sides while getting belted, those dudes had more respect than Sonny will ever have on an NRL field.
I feel for players like Brad Morrin, Fred Briggs and Andrew Ryan who got their faces rubbed into the turf, we couldn't win a drumstick at a chook raffle.

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
$huttle
Bu$
Williams$

the airport is that way
(with an arrow) =P

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great idea for a banner dude! Bring more negativity to our already tarnished reputation...

x-factor

Y.N.W.A
Reaction score
we should buy a shit load of monopoly money and use it as confetti for him

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Great idea for a banner dude! Bring more negativity to our already tarnished reputation...
Nothing wrong with a bit of creative banter. This suicide thing is way to far!

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
In reality none of this will happen. The stadium security will be briefed to watch out for banners that offend. Our task will be to support our team on the day to get them a win which at the moment looks unlikely.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I don't like it and I think you should just let it go..

But, you have the right to carry any sign you want... But the Rooters and their management can't hack it. I find it amazing that people can hackle and hold signs against the Prime Minister yet are not allowed to do it against SBW... Talking about bending backwards.

SBW and his people have got the NRL by the balls, and the sooner everybody realises this the sooner we can all move on... it's a shame really.

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess a sign with
"Mundine's Bitch" might not get through security =( ....

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I don't like it and I think you should just let it go..

But, you have the right to carry any sign you want... But the Rooters and their management can't hack it. I find it amazing that people can hackle and hold signs against the Prime Minister yet are not allowed to do it against SBW... Talking about bending backwards.

SBW and his people have got the NRL by the balls, and the sooner everybody realises this the sooner we can all move on... it's a shame really.
I hate to be the dull guy talking about Terms and Conditions, but the political analogy doesn't hold at all.

You're entitled to moan about politicians, but try being on Labor Party or Liberal Party property and displaying such banners. They're reasonably entitled to throw you out.
Likewise, you can make whatever banners you like about SBW and display them in public areas. Try standing in Centennial Park before the game with them and there's nothing they can do - free speech and all. Once you buy a ticket to enter SFS, you agree to abide by their rules and I imagine their rules will be avoiding any banners that they deem embarrassing to the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.