From the Grill Team: The Storm salary cap scandal is about to explode...again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I struggle to believe this, but:

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/melbourne-storm-salary-cap-scandal-to-hit-shelves/

The Melbourne Storm salary cap scandal is about to explode...all over again, according to Sportal.

One of Australia's biggest publishing companies is in negotiations with a big name investigative journalist about a book on what became the biggest scandal in Australian sporting history, or at least the equal of the Fine Cotton affair.

The Storm were stripped of two premierships as a result of the scandal, but many believe some involved in the rort escaped with their reputations intact.

The journalist has got hold of secret emails and documents that will surely make life difficult for some big names... in particular one former Storm employee still working at a rival NRL club.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
This could potentially end the Melbourne Storm

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How interesting let's see what they come up with surprised though I haven't heard this any where else. A story like this would be massive.

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well seriously how can they have the roster they have and be under

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
not buying it, but rumors are all the rage in NRL at the moment.
Rabbits coach is an ex Storm employee

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
I wouldn't be upset if melbourne imploded again tbh

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
not buying it, but rumors are all the rage in NRL at the moment.
Rabbits coach is an ex Storm employee
So are several high profile players who managed to forget they'd signed two contracts, one including a boat and one not mentioning it.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't really see how it would cause the storm to "implode" - they have already been punished... this book might embarrass a few people though.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As much as the 'former Storm employee' could be any one of a number of choices, I think it will be recruitment man O'Sullivan, now at the Roosters.

He has always denied wrongdoing but is known to have been up to his neck within the rorts and a key figure within it. Not funny how he is at the Rorters now.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Even if it's true.. it'll just be swept under the rug thanks to every organization and person who seems to spend a lot of time on their knees blowing everyone at the storm. *cough* nrl and channel 9*cough*.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If it is true the Storm should be kicked out of the comp for a year or two if it is a major salary cap breech!

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it is true the Storm should be kicked out of the comp for a year or two if it is a major salary cap breech!
Not if it's the same charge as last time. If it's the same breach as before (just with more evidence of certain individuals being caught red handed) there should be no more punishment for the club, just for the individuals.

Mind you, I'll believe this when I see it...

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
its all a big media beat up, same as always, the investigation was done by the nrl and police into the scandal ............ so what more evidence could a jurno come up with that the investigating group couldn't find that would make the slightest difference

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
its all a big media beat up, same as always, the investigation was done by the nrl and police into the scandal ............ so what more evidence could a jurno come up with that the investigating group couldn't find that would make the slightest difference
Depends on who's dick is in that journos mouth ey?

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Need a Dogs chasing Cooper Cronk story now to be the icing on the cake.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Umm sounds like a promo for the upcoming book on the Storm scandal, not a new scandal.

BUGDOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I highly doubt it, NRL need a victorian club to try and compete with Australias game.
I dont know how popular NRL has gotten over there in victoria but the storm couldnt be more successful that what they have in the last decade. . If they cant get fans now then they never will.

Status
Not open for further replies.