Kasiano + Graham = bigger hole than Barba

Status
Not open for further replies.

BudgyBulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Does anyone else believe that Bupa and Kasiano is a bigger loss to our team then Barba.

These two shifted the way forwards play last year, with their passing game and Kasiano's offloads are not being replicated by any of the other forwards.

I still have faith in our team making the 8 and I think it will return when these guys get back.

Inu is another player that will be greatly missed, his attitude has been great since he has been a Bulldog and he lifts players with his confidence and skill.

WHY COULDN'T KRIS KEATING BE ONE OF THE SUSPENDED OR INJURED PLAYERS??? :(

H

HajdukSplit

Why cant all the Keating haters on this forum be injured with broken fingers so they cannot type on the keyboard

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
One of Barbas big weapons was backing up the second phase generated by these guys.

I dunno if Id say bigger hole but it is just as big. Benny still getting his head around things too.

We certainly do miss them, hopefully T Rex will get into the groove when theyre back too.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone else believe that Bupa and Kasiano is a bigger loss to our team then Barba.

These two shifted the way forwards play last year, with their passing game and Kasiano's offloads are not being replicated by any of the other forwards.

I still have faith in our team making the 8 and I think it will return when these guys get back.

Inu is another player that will be greatly missed, his attitude has been great since he has been a Bulldog and he lifts players with his confidence and skill.

WHY COULDN'T KRIS KEATING BE ONE OF THE SUSPENDED OR INJURED PLAYERS??? :(
I agree with you. I started a thread about this a few weeks back, asking who we missed most from last year. I said Bupa, Kas and Stagg. Bupa in particular puts the defence in 2 minds as he has a step and also can pass before the line. Most people on this forum said Barba. Need I say more.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my opinion, Bupa is the biggest hole due to the way he is used. When he's in the team, its basically subbing Tolman for Tolman... and Tolman is our most consistent and best forward week in week out. The work rate that bloke gets through is ridiculous - he's always the player making the hard tackles with Ennis and rarely gets put back on his ass.

I've noticed that without Bupa, when Tolman comes off we fall off tackles so easily and struggle in the middle. Very frustrating but at least we have players to look forward to coming back..

We better hope both Kas and Bupa return fit as hell. Non of this match fit bullshit, they've got an additional 9 weeks (bupa anyway) of pre season. They should be ready to dominate.

Bonzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In my opinion, Bupa is the biggest hole due to the way he is used. When he's in the team, its basically subbing Tolman for Tolman... and Tolman is our most consistent and best forward week in week out. The work rate that bloke gets through is ridiculous - he's always the player making the hard tackles with Ennis and rarely gets put back on his ass.

I've noticed that without Bupa, when Tolman comes off we fall off tackles so easily and struggle in the middle. Very frustrating but at least we have players to look forward to coming back..

We better hope both Kas and Bupa return fit as hell. Non of this match fit bullshit, they've got an additional 9 weeks (bupa anyway) of pre season. They should be ready to dominate.
Ive got no doubt that Bupa will rip in once he gets back into first grade :P

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Kas and Graham were most of our attack last year. Hit ups, passing before the line, offloads, switch plays by Graham. They were like extra halves.
Everytime Kas carries the ball he draws 3 to 4 players, then is he passes or offloads the defence is scattererd for our backs to shred.
Missing these 2 BAAAAAAADDDDLLLLYYYY

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kassiano was suppose to be back this week but he injury'd himself again

Gingerbread Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes Graham and Kasiano are the biggest loss to our team. Graham is the one that we miss the most, not only for his attack and defence but also to lead the side when on the field. We simply lack energy, intensity and grit at the moment that Graham gives.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We also are missing Payne and Stagg in the team

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny how everyone jumps on the Graham and Kasiano bandwagon now. A few weeks ago it was all about Barba and how he would improve the side. When I said we miss these two more than Barba the post was not well received.

Both Graham and Kasiano won't be back for 3 weeks. Lets hope we can win a few before they return.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Without Kas and Bupa there are no off loads for the likes of Moz and Benny to create those long range tries we did so well last year.

Gingerbread Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Funny how everyone jumps on the Graham and Kasiano bandwagon now. A few weeks ago it was all about Barba and how he would improve the side. When I said we miss these two more than Barba the post was not well received.

Both Graham and Kasiano won't be back for 3 weeks. Lets hope we can win a few before they return.
Don't like our chances against the Roosters forwards next week if we couldn't handle Manly without Glenn Stewart.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That was always my main train of thought. Barba was never going to do much without their go-forward. I understand why people might like to think Barba would be some sort of saviour, but I never felt that way.

Sure, last season he would pull something out of nothing, even without go-forward. But he's coming out of a bad period in his life and it's only his 2nd game back, so he's rusty and still trying to get his head right.

He will come good eventually, but forwards win you games in general over the long term, not the odd flashy brilliance of an extremely talented fullback still yet to find his feet again. This is a no-brainer to me.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was always my main train of thought. Barba was never going to do much without their go-forward. I understand why people might like to think Barba would be some sort of saviour, but I never felt that way.

Sure, last season he would pull something out of nothing, even without go-forward. But he's coming out of a bad period in his life and it's only his 2nd game back, so he's rusty and still trying to get his head right.

He will come good eventually, but forwards win you games in general over the long term, not the odd flashy brilliance of an extremely talented fullback still yet to find his feet again. This is a no-brainer to me.
We agree.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
dont know if they are bigger losses than barba but barba cant do his stuff if we arent getting momentum in games these guys provide. Its better when ALL these players are playing

A lot of people underestimate how important Graham is though. He is an amazing player who creates huge momentum up the middle and is very experienced and a rep player. The Man of Steel winner in pommyland the year he left. Thats kinda like a Dally M forward of the year.

Last year he was injured for a spell and we lost games then too.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
dont know if they are bigger losses than barba but barba cant do his stuff if we arent getting momentum in games these guys provide. Its better when ALL these players are playing

A lot of people underestimate how important Graham is though. He is an amazing player who creates huge momentum up the middle and is very experienced and a rep player. The Man of Steel winner in pommyland the year he left. Thats kinda like a Dally M forward of the year.

Last year he was injured for a spell and we lost games then too.
Fair point. Graham was our key recruit in 2012 but made a massive difference to our pack. That's one of the few things we can give Kevin Moore credit for - bringing Graham to the Bulldogs.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
WHY COULDN'T KRIS KEATING BE ONE OF THE SUSPENDED OR INJURED PLAYERS???
Keating is actually an okay player. He has a good running game and is a very strong defender. He's just not a half back. Another thin he's not is a selector

Status
Not open for further replies.