Des Hasler - 2013 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupii

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Michael Maguire drops his players if they don't play to their potential. He is like a tyrant but it works for him. Are the players loyal t him, lets see!

Des protects his players and builds his players up with his beliefs he has in them. The players love playing under Des.

I believe & hope the Des tactic works better!
Yes clearly Dessies tactics are working well. How dare Maguire drop a player for not performing.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Maybe we should be looking at Novak and his positive influence coaching?

Brothers boy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
dognacious gave it to me last week and this week agrees with me.... go figure !!!!!!! ( On the same topic )

Tamworthdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Des IS a good coach. It's true that he had a good team at Manly but it's also true that he developed almost all of those players himself. Most of them started as raw kids or rejects from other clubs. I want to know why Des was so calm tonight. He used to smash his headphones and rip doors off. I also want to know why Des wasn't sitting beside Todd when Todd was announcing to the media that Benny was going into treatment. I don't expect to ever find out but I still want to know.

T Rex

Waterboy
Reaction score
Dessie is the best coach going around, 6 games in and now he can't coach???? Have no fear guys we will be back, we have played some good teams so far when we get our full forward pack we will go on a run like last year.

T Rex

Waterboy
Reaction score
Dessie built Manly from Nuthin, they were nearly broke and out the door. They won 2 comps and maybe could have won 3. Have no fear he is the best coach in the League. Bennett is getting on and Bellamy is a cheat.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Look at Toovey look at Maguire young inexperiencd and achieving ??
Toovey inherited a side that was primed and polished by Des. He really hasn't had to do much bar a few small changes.

Tooveys skills will be tested when blokes like Lyons, Matai, Stewart brothers, Rose, Watmough all come up for retirement (which for some of them isn't far off).

Foran and DCE were already trained up by Hasler as well.

It'd be like another person coaching the Storm. A witches hat as the Storm coach could win games with the side Melbourne have.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Des delivered in his first year as a coach which no one could..... minor premiership in his first year

As far we are concern we have already over achieved big time looking at our roster..

5-1 in April.... no big deal as Manly were something like 6-1 immediately after winning the PM in 2009.

Last edited by a moderator:

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It was 2-5 In 2009 champ.

As for past glory I'd rather be 3rd than 16th ATM
2-5 is still worst then 1-5 considering only 6 games have been played.

no one remembers who comes 2nd by the way let alone 3rd........unless you have won the minor premiership :grinning:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Well that was a bigger cleanup than a toilet bowl after a week of eating bad curry.

Suffice to say thread looks a lot better now that our "friends" have boarded the plane to Banistan.

The test starts now for Hasler.... can he coach a dramatic turn around into our team?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Can't see it getting any better. Even with a full strength side...

Just looks like, and I mean looks like because I'm outside and really have nfi, they're not working together. No cohesion, no hard running, no talking, no setting up the next play....

bad luck doggies. Bought a couple of duds in des and Rex.
Des is hardly a dud, and his record is solid. Just look at our 2012 season.

Too many players are becomming too predictable, not to mention the standard of coaches in the NRL has really stepped up this year.

If you spend 80 minutes passing from dummy half, and passing the ball flat, at half time the opposing coach will figure that one out fast.

I'd have to question if our hooker even follows the coaches game plan.

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des is hardly a dud, and his record is solid. Just look at our 2012 season.

Too many players are becomming too predictable, not to mention the standard of coaches in the NRL has really stepped up this year.

If you spend 80 minutes passing from dummy half, and passing the ball flat, at half time the opposing coach will figure that one out fast.

I'd have to question if our hooker even follows the coaches game plan.
Really have to ask that ? If he wasnt don't you think he would cop it from des at halftime every week or be dropped

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Really have to ask that ? If he wasnt don't you think he would cop it from des at halftime every week or be dropped
So Williams is following des' game plan is he? He hasn't been dropped, not even benched

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des..Williams to the bench...after 20 min let him on.simple

H

HajdukSplit

Is John Novak, the mental coach still part of the coaching squad? If he is, you have got to change your techniques with this squad!

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Is John Novak, the mental coach still part of the coaching squad? If he is, you have got to change your techniques with this squad!
Yes he is. Why do you think Des is always so positive and chirpy. There's no conspiracy theory like some here think. It's just Novak's mind philosophy.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
ummm we ahhhh yes that uuhhhhhhh like you have uuhhhh like you guys ummmm like to say we ummm are yeh...

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
ummm we ahhhh yes that uuhhhhhhh like you have uuhhhh like you guys ummmm like to say we ummm are yeh...
Maybe he doesn't like being infront of the cameras haha

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I think 90% of what he says to cameras is absolute bullshit because he doesn't like giving anything away so he is constantly umming and arring to make sure he doesn't say the wrong thing.

Love his work.

Status
Not open for further replies.