Not open for further replies.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
General discussion and anything else here.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This guy brought good change to Canterbury, its paying off and will keep paying off. Even though he doesn't have a history with our club in playing for it, he is already a legend in my eyes for us :D

Best of luck Des, bring Western Sydney to a roaring riot with a premiership for us!

Symm

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hasler

At what point do we start to doubt Hasler? Does he have to take some responsibility for the terrible start?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hmmm.

There is no doubt Des has been a successful coach. Last year we made the GF and then this year we are getting worse the more it goes on.

So far he is doing what Moore did. he had a great first year as coach and the next one we were sh1te

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Was 2012 a fluke......................... just like 2009????

time will tell

DOGGIESSTYLE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ill start doubting hasler if he goes into the press conference and blames it on possession or refs he needs to make some serious changes and give the players a real wake up call, season is really starting to slip away

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What's the point. We can bag every aspect of our club. What will it achieve? It is why it is.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The next few weeks will show us just how good a coach he is.

Symm

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm not bagging him but I thought it was a valid question, given how toothless the attack has looked.

Brothers boy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I will ask again : Is des hasler over rated

I will ask again, is dessie over rated as a coach. read my reasons for this from last week. WOULD FOLKES AND MOORE BE UNDER PRESSURE WITH THE SAME RESULTS THIS YEAR: YOU BET THEY WOULD

I know i will cop a hammering but the last two weeks have been abysmal and at least a team like parra bounced back from a hammering and won the next week........ we have nothing.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
are you asking this question based on almost 10 yrs of coaching or 6 games this yr?

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
It's become quite clear the harmony within the team isn't there!! Starting to believe some of the rumours are true! The only good news is we don't play for two weeks, plenty of time to sort shit out.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Sack Des!

Not really, just wanted a "sack someone" thread to call my own :p

But seriously.. "trust in Des"? Who the f*ck came up with this? must of been one gullible anus.

Regardless of what's happened tonight, Des is delusional if he thinks Williams was/is capable or has any sort of potential.
Where's our game plan? Did he pull out old footage of Moore and decide to take pointers off that imbecile?
Our attack is none existent, and that's not even an understatement.. 30+ nil is the proof.
Our defence has more holes than a f*cking brothel.
Ennis managed to gain a whole 2 meters tonight.. Does Des prohibit dummy half runs?
What's different from last year?
How'd we go from being unstoppable to being Parramatta?

I'd like to know if Des has changed the game plan that doesn't suit the boys or the boys are still on holidays!

I understand it's not completely Des and that he can't force the boys to play well, but the one thing he can do that we can't is tell them exactly what to do on that f*cking field. Force them to bloody communicate, how to position themselves in attack/defence... or maybe just simple things like how to pass backwards or stay behind the god damn ball runner... and if that's too hard, he could teach them how to hold onto the ball without dropping it cold? asking for too much?

Should Des put his hand up and take responsibility by now just like any other manager or employer? or keep treating everyone like they're stupid and constantly acting like there's nothing wrong during interviews.

I want f*cking answers. We pay for memberships, we buy merchandise and we get sh*t all in return.. I don't care about winning, as long as we know why we can't win!

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This comes down to two things second year syndrome and he had better overall roster he had at manly was better players could execute his game plan better and could play on instinct better as well

Brothers boy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I will add a little bit more. des tried to get williams, wolfman, stewart x 2 , foran and a nyc prop to the dogs and who did we get ? tony williams. dessie had a hot squad at manly, who have only lost bench players over the last ten years. has dessie coached nsw or australia? No , so he can't be an elite coach unless you live at manly. last year we were lucky in that we had bugger all injuries and needed and did shore up our year with mid season buys but what has killed us this year is james graham pleading not guilty to a bite, when even my seeing eye dog could see that he was nibbling at slaters ear. a four week suspenson turned into nine and in my mind that is not good management by hasler or greenberg.

Id folkesy or kevvie were the coach this year the drums would be beating. tonight was a throwback to 2010 and very, very ordinary all round.

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is Williams still not on the bench...embarrassing his fall from dangerous rep player.
Why spend overs on Feds and not a good hub.
Why do we always do the wing kick in goal...almost never a result
Why do we not have a running hooker on the bench

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's safe to assume last season was just one of those flukey years where everything just "works". This is certainly looking like 2010 all over again, I just can't see how graham and kas can turn us from 38-0 cellar dwellers to a premiership force.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Michael Maguire drops his players if they don't play to their potential. He is like a tyrant but it works for him. Are the players loyal t him, lets see!

Des protects his players and builds his players up with his beliefs he has in them. The players love playing under Des.

I believe & hope the Des tactic works better!

Status
Not open for further replies.