13 Greg Eastwood

14 Martin Taupau
15 David Klemmer
16 Dale Finucane
17 Dene Halatau

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good side but is Williams a better fit than Pritchard at 600 grand?

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even if we lose Tolman and Pritchard next season we'd still have a great team-

01 Ben Barba
02 Tim Lafai
03 Josh Morris
04 Krisnan Inu
05 Sam Perrett
06 Josh Reynolds
07 Trent Hodkinson
08 James Graham
09 Michael Ennis
10 Sam Kasiano
11 Tony Williams
12 Josh Jackson
13 Greg Eastwood

14 Martin Taupau
15 David Klemmer
16 Dale Finucane
17 Dene Halatau
And what happens when we get injuries and suspensions? Need depth.

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve price was going strong at 30+ as was brad thorn.depends of the players attitude and health etc.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Klemmer been with dogs since was 15. He only ever was a parra junior by default as family home was in the catchment area.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tolman is a great player but that is good coin for him. I doubt the Bulldogs can match that.
Bulldogs would be stupid to match it. No front rower is worth that sort of money !!

Klem Bupa-Berg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Its funny how the media questioned Stuart on recruits which he denied and then reports on signing Pritchard and Tolman come out. Sterlo has an article pointing out they shouldnt be paying overs for players, but they need to in order to attract.

Off-contract rumours will keep going, Corey Norman can still change his mind even though he said he wont.

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Steve price was going strong at 30+ as was brad thorn.depends of the players attitude and health etc.
What a lot of y'all don't realize is how much frank is looked upon as a leader amongst the Polynesian boys at the club it would be a bad move to let him go IMO

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Kasiano has a hard on for Frankie for sure.

Klem Bupa-Berg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs will have last offer on Pritchard and Tolman. We need leaders plus the young props still need more NRL games under their belts.

Stanna man

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lol - they are best mates. If the Bulldogs offer is close enough to the rival club (and its not parra) he will stay.
They are close those two, Kas lives round the corner from me and frankly is always over playing B Ball... Frank feels at home here at the dogs anda close offer I'm sure he will stay..

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Frank will stay due to how much connection he has to the Dogs, the players and the Belmore area now. If this rumour about Tolman is true I'd be pretty sad as a fan, the bloke seems like a genuine guy, always is friendly and, does his best for his team and the fans. Best of luck to you Tolman if it is true, you will be missed!

masters

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Tolman or any other Bulldogs player wants to sign for any other club i will help them pack their bags. Loyalty exists only when a player puts their signature on the contract. This days rugby league has becme a merry go round. One day they love the club and the next they are gone. Thats way breeding is so important. Sign them young to long contracts so we get to see them playing for us. Tolman came yesterday and is gone tomorrow. Also $650,000 is a lot of money not just for Tolman but for anyone. And im in favour as it happens in other codes that if a player signs elsewhere for the following year he should be dropped to NSW cup.
The coach needs to prepare the team for the next season and if a player is not there he should be on the stands. Players come and go but we the supporters must remain.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
money aint everything id rather win a premiership or go close to it, then play witha team that gets pumped 50-0
It's not everything but i reckon he would get $400k tops with us! Good luck to him. He is a great workhorse prop that won't be easy to replace!

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Tolman or any other Bulldogs player wants to sign for any other club i will help them pack their bags. Loyalty exists only when a player puts their signature on the contract. This days rugby league has becme a merry go round. One day they love the club and the next they are gone. Thats way breeding is so important. Sign them young to long contracts so we get to see them playing for us. Tolman came yesterday and is gone tomorrow. Also $650,000 is a lot of money not just for Tolman but for anyone. And im in favour as it happens in other codes that if a player signs elsewhere for the following year he should be dropped to NSW cup.
The coach needs to prepare the team for the next season and if a player is not there he should be on the stands. Players come and go but we the supporters must remain.
Forget about the next season, it is the usual deal to sign a deal for the next year this early in the season. You're not going to drop one of your best players simply because he is looking out for his future. As long as he keeps putting in I have no issue with him.

Loyalty is very rare. Players have 5-7 years at their peak if they're lucky. They have to earn what they can in that time. If Tolman (or anyone else) can earn double what they are currently getting, good luck to them. I am sure if you were offered double by your employer's competitor, you would take it in a heart beat. Why should NRL players not do the same thing? because of us fans? They will disappoint their current club's fans, but will have a new clubs fans welcoming them with open arms.

As for loyalty, as soon as the player starts to struggle a little or is heading towards 30, the loyalty from the club goes out the window. All of a sudden they are unwanted or offered a shitty deal earning less coin ala David Stagg. I don't blame anyone, it's just what footy has become. Winning is everything, so loyalty from either club or player is rare.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
No other media reporting it, Zerotackle removed the story earlier on, and Fox Sports are saying nothing about it.

Even 1 Eyed Eel aren't talking about it, which seems a little strange.

What the fuck do they plan to do? Put a bunch of nuffies out there with them?
It would not suprise me if the Eels 2014 membership included the ability for a member to play one First grade game a season. Problem Solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.