Desperate Eels pay top dollar in scramble to boost talent pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
none of the players we got will take the ball up relentlessly all day. Happy for him but so disappointed to see him go. He's ont of the most underrated in the business. Damn.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tolman is a great player but that is good coin for him. I doubt the Bulldogs can match that.
nor should we to be honest..

not for that amount of money anway.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
money aint everything id rather win a premiership or go close to it, then play witha team that gets pumped 50-0
If your lucky enough your NRL career can go for 10 years or so. You would only get top dollar for 5 of those years.

If top dollar comes your way, you take it. Career ending injuries can be just around the corner as well.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
$650k good on yah Tolman, I only wish he will stay at the Bulldogs huge asset to our club once he is gone we will know the impacts it will have on our team which will be detrimental.

LOL at Parramatta, they're going no where!

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had to LOL. That is ridiculous money for a prop. The dogs hold Aiden in high esteem though. On the w/e he was acting captain, when Inu was talking to the ref he was there as captain. I hope we can keep him, him and Eastwood have by far been our best this year, both need to be re-signed along with franky.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Had to LOL. That is ridiculous money for a prop. The dogs hold Aiden in high esteem though. On the w/e he was acting captain, when Inu was talking to the ref he was there as captain. I hope we can keep him, him and Eastwood have by far been our best this year, both need to be re-signed along with franky.
I wish we could keep them all!

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
tolman at 24 is a must keep. Unfortunately if i had to choose between franky and tolman i would take tolman.
hope franky doesnt go but would sacrifice him for tolman

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
tolman at 24 is a must keep. Unfortunately if i had to choose between franky and tolman i would take tolman.
hope franky doesnt go but would sacrifice him for tolman
But we also have Josh J, Dale F which are similar to Tolamn. We also Lachlan Burr coming through the ranks. Unfortunately we cant keep them all.

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Damn if that article is true then he is as good as gone :( He can't be on more than 300k at the moment, that money is too good to decline. At least we have some strong depth in props, I'm hoping Graham extends his contract.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
It would suck to lose Tolman but let's be real. 650K is more then Matt Scott or James Tamou. It's just not justified.

I don't get parra, they have Hayne, Sandow, Hoppa, Norman now eating up the best part of 2.5mil.

Tolman would push that over 3mil... What the fuck do they plan to do? Put a bunch of nuffies out there with them?

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They should have retained klezmer.no foresight at the eels.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Parramatta are going to dig themselves a Penrith sized hole if they go down this road.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some players knock back bigger money to remain at a club they love but the Bulldogs would have to get closer to the mark.

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do they have talent scouts at that club.?they have become souths of old where nobody wants to go there.poor management.

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need franks exp to help josh and fun?if we can keep most of this unit together we will be strong for a while imo

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
He's always the beneficiary of desperation haha.

He's on decent coin now because we couldn't attract anyone and were desperate.

He'd be luck to receive an offer of half that to stay with us. All the very best to him. Great player.

Status
Not open for further replies.