Timoteo Lafai - 2013 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was brilliant tonight. His competition with Inu is actually a good thing.

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was superb. Keep in mind, though, just how bad the Tigers left edge was tonight. Junior Tia Kalifi or Jonathan Wright might have looked like Rep players against that shambles.
I'm not basing this just on tonight's performance. He's played really well whenever he's been asked to fill in in first grade. He's just too good to be in reserve grade and if he doesn't start becoming a regular starter for us some othe team will snap him up.

S

Sharpy

His best game for ages well done.
But no respect,to him , he still,has nothing on inu, maybe a Wong spot for him

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hes a top centre was brilliant last year hes gotta stay with inu too wing then thats a strong team

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I seriously don't know what to do with him when INU comes back.. his such a great player right now? Maybe say seeya later to brown?
Its crazy the decision Des has to make. Brown has 5 tries this year and is also solid. The scramble to buy backs last year when we were thin on them has given us an overdose of talented backs.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Tigers defence out wide was poor. Take nothing away from Lafai though.
That move on Korobete was awesome. (First half for Perretts try)

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
Lafai as an absolute blinder. ...they weren't the best centers he was up against though

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
Most notable improvement is his decision making, at times in the past he has made some bad calls as to when to pass or run it tonight was 100%

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
This guy is too good for reserve grade. Whenever he has filled in, even in previous years, he's always exceeded expectations and played really well. I thought he played really well tonight and set up some good tries. When Inu is back I think Lafai should stay in the centres and Inu can play on the wing instead of Brown (who has also been playing well, but probably doesnt bring as much as Lafai does to the side).
I agree. The way Tim Lafai set up Sam Perrett's first half try tonight was just one example of how good he is and how much better he will be if he stays in first grade. I wish Des would play him at left centre, he would go even better there.

Krisnan Inu has done some incredible things on the left wing, he goes much better there than in the centres. And Mitch Brown? He is playing very well; safe under the high ball and a very good finisher. It would be a hard call to drop him.

The other unthinkable option would be to start Inu in the NSW Cup and let him earn his way back to first grade. :shocked:

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy is too good for reserve grade. Whenever he has filled in, even in previous years, he's always exceeded expectations and played really well. I thought he played really well tonight and set up some good tries. When Inu is back I think Lafai should stay in the centres and Inu can play on the wing instead of Brown (who has also been playing well, but probably doesnt bring as much as Lafai does to the side).
Good judgment.

I listened to triple m after the match and someone sent a question in asking if Inu would take his spot back from Lafai when he's served his time. they said although he's playing we'll Lafai couldn't keep Inu out, but your idea is perfect IMO. Brown to me will never be more than a solid winger, whereas Lafai has a lot to his game. The skill he showed to set up two and score his own try was that of one of the better centers, not a kid with limited experience. He has shown since getting the gig hat he can adapt to the opposite side that he's used to and not only be adequate, but excel.

I'd rather keep him and not sign Folau. As good as Folau would be for us, I'd rather keep a player we bred who has heaps of potential. With a few years of solid first grade under his belt, he could be better than Folau anyway. A back line of Inu, Morris, Lafai and Perrett is stacked with skill and pace.

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
Just a thought why couldn't Brown drop back to the bench as I'm sure he could play as a back-rower/centre/winger coming off the bench that way Inu AND Lafai start.It would prob mean that Halatau drops from the 17 tho.

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a thought why couldn't Brown drop back to the bench as I'm sure he could play as a back-rower/centre/winger coming off the bench that way Inu AND Lafai start.It would prob mean that Halatau drops from the 17 tho.
Makes no sense

MrDogzOfWar

Dogz At War!
Reaction score
He played excellent against the Tigers.. Lets hope his form continues!!

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally i think a back rower than can play in the outside backs (halatau) far more useful on the bench than a outside back that might be able to play in the back row(brown). I certainly not having a go at mitch, i think he has played pretty good so far.

Who know's what des is going to do between lafai and brown on the wing but i get the sense it will be brown as lafai did only come into the team when inu was out and inu will walk back into his starting centre position. On the bright side it's a nice conundrum to have, fierce competition for starting spots never does a team any harm.

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why?
Tell me why that would not work instead of just posting a negative comment.Be constructive.
There is no point having a back (especially a winger ) on the bench . They don't see much of the ball and less likely to be injured . It will also ruin the rotation for subs and incase of injury in the back row or centres or even dummy half you need a utility in that position . How about that for sense and I hope that's constructive to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.