Trent Hodkinson - 2013 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably his best game in a dogs jersey tonight. Really played like a true number 7. Set up tries with the boot, set up tries with a pass. He hit like a train a few times in defence, and his kicking was money. I was a little hessitant with his conversion attempt. Thought he may struggle with the distance. It didnt look like missing, kept on going when it passed the black dot.

He has improved every game he has been back in first grade. In all this my admiration of Hasler has strengthened. He knew he wasn't up to first grade last season. Gave him a shot but Hokdo came up lame. Had his surgery done in the off season. Came back through NSW Cup, then when Hasler saw what he wanted to from him put him back in. Sign of a great coach (the way he handled and brough him back into first grade).
His best two games in a Dogs jumper have both been at Brookvale, weirdly enough.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He would of been close to man of the match with that performance, how cool was he with his goal to win it.
I thought he would have gotten it for sure. I guess it would have done his confidence the world of good (getting a MOTM in a free to air game) He did win us the game with the boot, but ch9 went for Graham instead (I can't say he wasnt deserving of recognition, monster game by Jammer)

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
absolutely loving his goal kicking.... he reminds of me of Hazem so much

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
I thought Trent was going to get MOTM tonight...

- Try assists: 2
- Kick metres: 389 (the most of all halves during the game).
- Tackles: 15 (high for a halfback especially considering he made 3 one on one tackles.)
- Missed tackles: 2 (very low considering all the traffic that went his way.
- 6 goals (kicks the one that wins the game also).

He was awesome tonight.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

- Tackles: 15 (high for a halfback especially considering he made 3 one on one tackles.)

He was awesome tonight.
True that brother!

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He also cleaned up a ball at the goal line from memory under pressure.seems to be very good under pressure which is pleasing.basically he's the halfback we have needed to settle the side.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm loving the fact Hodko is coming good. He was always our preferred halfback but injuries hurt his progress.

Tonights game sealed Keating future I reckon.

Hodko won us that game. Setup 3 tries, got all kicks, and the final penalty goal. His attacking kicks are starting to develop now too, which is really awesome.

Both numbre 7s were cracking tonight though, DCE was good as well.

Loved his tackle on the wolfman...
I hear he's still trying to count how many ribs he has.

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly I liked Trent and I was a big supporter of him but its my opinion and I take these things seriously but I picked up a hand symbol he did wich was the devils horns .knowing that he is with the enemy I won't be having my heart into the game anymore .maybe I'm reading into it too much but I take these things seriously and I'm gutted and hurt by it .i might get a million thumb downs but I couldn't care less its my opinion I'm sharing andd if your wondering when he did it , it happened after the winning goal.at the end of the day it's how I feel I don't make much comments anymore due to idiotic comments on here but I like to share my thoughts of him .

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Honestly I liked Trent and I was a big supporter of him but its my opinion and I take these things seriously but I picked up a hand symbol he did wich was the devils horns .knowing that he is with the enemy I won't be having my heart into the game anymore .maybe I'm reading into it too much but I take these things seriously and I'm gutted and hurt by it .i might get a million thumb downs but I couldn't care less its my opinion I'm sharing andd if your wondering when he did it , it happened after the winning goal.at the end of the day it's how I feel I don't make much comments anymore due to idiotic comments on here but I like to share my thoughts of him .
Hodkinson is in the Illuminati, getting that kick was his initiation lol

Relax bro, you're reading too much into it.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Could of been him just mocking Manly, I always thought that devils horn thing came from rock 'n' roll as a hand gesture to rocking out or celebrating lol

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score

He was awesome tonight.
Same here, especially after nailing that penalty goal! That was icing on the cake for me.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is your answer to your question.

Enjoy the win Bud!

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Could of been him just mocking Manly, I always thought that devils horn thing came from rock 'n' roll as a hand gesture to rocking out or celebrating lol
Thats how I would take it!

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been watching documentaries on YouTube and the people that symbolise the hand signal are evil world leaders including the us president.i love the dogs I am passionate as you are believe me I am not trying to make you hate him again I'm sharing my view and perspective on this. I know I'm not the only guy that would be cut from it ,I'm sure a lot of blokes will be dirty cause at the end of the day it's his believe and it makes him who he is and I don't support him anymore for that fact I still love the dogs though but not more than the almighty god .

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have been watching documentaries on YouTube and the people that symbolise the hand signal are evil world leaders including the us president.i love the dogs I am passionate as you are believe me I am not trying to make you hate him again I'm sharing my view and perspective on this. I know I'm not the only guy that would be cut from it ,I'm sure a lot of blokes will be dirty cause at the end of the day it's his believe and it makes him who he is and I don't support him anymore for that fact I still love the dogs though but not more than the almighty god .
No offence but that sounds silly, I respect that you believe in god but hand signals don't mean you are an evil person. It's more so your actions that prove you are evil, I haven't seen nor heard of any wrong doings, scandals or illegal actions that Hodkinson has taken part in.

Be fair it was a simple hand gesture that some people pull out when they achieve or are going through something good, alot of rockers do it I believe and they are just musicians and their fans part take with them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are reading too much into it..

Status
Not open for further replies.