Trent Hodkinson - 2013 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klem Bupa-Berg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Being at the Gosford game, was good to see Hodko improve. I had and still have only one fear with him so far - Hodko sometimes can look very shaky defensively.
The positive is he has linked up slightly better with Tony Williams, than Reynolds or Keating have.

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Early days but his passing game is a lot sharper and his last tackle plays have been good.with graham/kasiano returning he will get more space to do his stuff.he adds a real halfback to the side but think kk would be a good option of the bench as utility half/hooker.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
My impression from his second week back is that he really started to lift the team performance last Sunday. Early days but I think if he can stay on the paddock he offers more than Keating.

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Passing game is faster and last tackle pressure kicks were good.want to see more running but that will come in time.he will settle n and he should then control the plays more.

The Jerker

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
To be fair to Trent, he was looking very sharp in 2011 before his string of injuries started. In the game he first injured his knee against manly he was playing out of his skin and was our best on the field at half time.

Also defensively he is in the top few halves in the league so to suggest he is shaken on defense is rubbish.

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of you blokes cannot be fair dinkum!
It's ironic that a thread about Roberts is directly below this one (at the time of typing).
Both are sideways players who stifle more than add to the attack.
Trent can however kick goals, his major positive.

Now that the Pom is back and Sam will be shortly as well, Keating, a straight running support player,
will be a much better option at half for us.

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I think Trent is a sharper passer and has a better last play kick.the sharks had problems with his kicking game.he still needs time to develop his position in the team but on the flip side kk would be very useful of the bench.he could be used as a utility half/hooker which would give us a fresh option of the bench.

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of you blokes cannot be fair dinkum!
It's ironic that a thread about Roberts is directly below this one (at the time of typing).
Both are sideways players who stifle more than add to the attack.
Trent can however kick goals, his major positive.

Now that the Pom is back and Sam will be shortly as well, Keating, a straight running support player,
will be a much better option at half for us.
Please tell me ur joking

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone who argues that Keating is a better option than turtle should have their head examined. In his second game of 1st grade in approximately a year, he did more than Keating did in his three best games last season combined.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hodko needs to be resigned off-contract end of season and his playing really good football better than KK

bmw_s2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Honestly... What more do we want. Has had an excellent game..

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NEED TO BE RESIGNED FOR 2014 ASAP! Trent El Hodkinson Trent El Hodkinson Trent El Hodkinson Trent El Hodkinson

Status
Not open for further replies.