Will the Storm be able to Knock Off and take a holiday for the 2nd half of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
The Storm although I hate them with a passion, are so far ahead of the pack now that I reckon they will be able to let their players do SOO duty and pocket the cash and then play their first grade team on a rotational basis to keep their fitness for the balance of the year. They are guaranteed to beat Parra, Warriors and Panthers and Tigers with their reserve grade team. They have 8 games to go before SOO so they should have 14 points points plus the 8 points from the aforesaid gimme games so that's 22 points. They don't need to win many more to be in the final four.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Sorry, got that all wrong. They should have 30 points going into SOO!

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
They will rest the big 3 through and just after origin

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
I guess I was struck by how dominant they are this year. At the moment only Souths look like they could even make them break a sweat.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't piss in their pockets they will get even bigger heads, we nearly beat them with half a team of keen rookies.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brisbane got duddef last week with the slater try.
broncos should have won but once again grub slater gets away with everything!!!

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They looked at about 70% that night we played them. Don't think for a second they'll be easy beats once we get the full squad back, they're still going to be incredibly hard to get on top of as long as they have the big 3 fit and playing.

You can outplay them all across the park and smith, cronk and slater will still win the game. I really hope we adopt the aggressive method that seemed to work against them a couple seasons ago. If we don't manage to rattle their key players then I just think they're too clinical, too professional, too experienced..

Will have to wait and see what des comes up with.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Also what does everyone think about the Broncos uniform? Is Gould doing a good job at Penrith? Is Souths leagues club making enough money?

The answer to all these questions, and this thread, is WHO CARES!!!!

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I guess I was struck by how dominant they are this year. At the moment only Souths look like they could even make them break a sweat.
Who knew Craig Bellamy had been a member of the kennel since 2008.
How u doing Craig?

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When the broncos regrouped after that onslaught in the first 20mins they went pretty close and dominated them for a good chunk of that game. If thaiday got his penalty for that typical storm dirty tactic who knows what would have happened.

As long as slater,smith and cronk are fit, yes they will be hard to beat but they are certainly not unbeatable.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Storm although I hate them with a passion, are so far ahead of the pack
Actually they're not.

When the we played them we were without Barba, Pritchard, Kasiano and Graham, a brilliant fullback and our three best forwards. If we hadn't had two dud plays inthe last set of six or the chance to play another set we would have won it.
If we had played them at full strength we would have won it going away.

Sure the Storm bogey of Smith, Cronk and Slater is there and they are great players; but its the mental approach to that bogey that will swing how the game goes.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They looked very dominant early on last season too. They will be a force, but history shows it's very rare that teams just steamroll through the season at the sort of pace the Storm are setting, or that the Dragons set early on in 2011.

Also, fuck the Storm.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
This probably should be in the Rugby League General forum on this site.

Its not Bulldogs Discussion.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Hope we turn those cheating fucks into a drizzle.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lose any one of the big three to injury, they are stuffed. Proven last year without their grub fullback for quite a few weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.