Your Team vs Sea Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest, our first 4 games have been against 2012 finalists (except for Eels). It is clear we have started the year slow, but these losses will help spur the team on in the later rounds. If we are to beat the Eagles this week, we will need a team improvement across all areas. I think that a win is possible this Thursday night. I just hope we get the better of the referees for once, that would be nice. My team this week under the impression that Inu is out and Kasiano is back would be:
1. Ben Barba (hope he got rid of the cobwebs against rabbits, need him at his best against Eagles).
2. Mitch Brown (safe under the high ball and is playing better each week).
3. Josh Morris
4. Tim Lafai (can't see anyone else playing centre, maybe Halatau at a stretch. Lafai also can goal kick)
5. Sam Perrett (what has happened to Perrett, in my opinion been poor first 4 weeks).
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Kris Keating (those who don't like him got to get used to him, he is our best option).
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Michael Ennis (expect him to play, wasn't as severe as Harrison's as he was at least able to walk off).
10. Martin Taupau (had his best game of the year against rabbits, still not at his best but improving each week).
11. Josh Jackson (can't believe he only played 49 minutes while Williams played 80. hoping he plays the full 80. When he came off, we struggled on that side in defence).
12. Frank Pritchard (hoping he also got rid of the cobwebs, needed to get more involved last week and link up with Morris).
13. Greg Eastwood (the one forward you can rely on in making the oppositions defence look weak, probably our best player so far this year).

14. David Klemmer
15. Sam Kasiano
16. Dene Halatau
17. Tony Williams

20. Dale Finucane (hard to keep out of team, but think Klemmer deserves to stay and Halatau is needed in case Ennis gets injured).

What does your team look like?

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd like to see Lafai come in for Inu. I can't see any other option.

Des wants Trex playing 80 for whatever reason so I don't see that changing. Even though I agree about Jackson needing more minutes.

Rest unchanged. Making massive changes will do more harm than good

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Lafai comes in who will play right centre?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Only change would be Lafai.

If Ennis is out, Romelo will come in

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drop Klemmer and keep finucane. hits the line hard and is solid in d.. klemmer hits the line hard... but needs to find more defensive form

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Same team as this week With Lafai in for Inu. Ennis should back up.

Gakis

Waterboy
Reaction score
I noticed that on Drury Low's profile it says he's a centre or winger. We know he can play full back too.
If he's played centre before, I reckon he'd be a good option to replace Inu. Jsoh Reynolds has kicked goals when he used to play NSW Cup, so he can be kicker, otherwise Ennis to kick. Both Drury Low and Barba in the side would be good for our attack. Assuming of course, Drury's profile is correct and he can handle playing centre.

Barba

TANK
Reaction score
seriously the team will be exact same as every week expect lafai for inu. des doesnt change the side

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If keating and t rex are in the starting side... We shouldnt bother turning up!!!
Maybe a bench spot at best.

barba, sila (if injured brown), lafai, jmoz, perret, reynolds, hodkinson, tolman, ennis, tapau, beastwood, jackson, halatau.

bench: t williams, klemmer, finucane, romelo

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
01 Ben Barba
02 Drury Low
03 Josh Morris
04 Tim Lafai
05 Sam Perrett
06 Josh Reynolds
07 Trent Hodkinson
08 Aiden Tolman
09 Michael Ennis
10 Martin Taupau
11 Frank Pritchard
12 Josh Jackson
13 Greg Eastwood

14 David Klemmer
15 Dale Finucane
16 Tony Williams
17 Joel Romelo

Symm

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm working from the basis that the
club gets Inu's charge downgraded on the basis that Inglis jumped into the tackle, and then Inu's good record means he plays. Unlikely? Maybe, but what the hell. Also assuming Big Sam is still out.

I don't see Des picking this side, but it's my attempt at addressing the problems we all see - Williams not reaching his potential, and a general lack of creativity in attack.
Maybe Inu's flair and a wide running Williams shakes it all up for the better? If not, KK is on the bench and we can reshuffle back to the conventional setup.

1. Barba
2. Brown
3. Morris
4. Williams
5. Perrett
6. Inu
7. Reynolds
8. Tolman
9. Ennis
10. Tapau
11. Pritchard
12. Jackson
13. Eastwood

14. Klemmer
15. Finucane
16. Halatau
17. Keating

P

Promiscuous

I'm working from the basis that the
club gets Inu's charge downgraded on the basis that Inglis jumped into the tackle, and then Inu's good record means he plays. Unlikely? Maybe, but what the hell. Also assuming Big Sam is still out.

I don't see Des picking this side, but it's my attempt at addressing the problems we all see - Williams not reaching his potential, and a general lack of creativity in attack.
Maybe Inu's flair and a wide running Williams shakes it all up for the better? If not, KK is on the bench and we can reshuffle back to the conventional setup.

1. Barba
2. Brown
3. Morris
4. Williams
5. Perrett
6. Inu
7. Reynolds
8. Tolman
9. Ennis
10. Tapau
11. Pritchard
12. Jackson
13. Eastwood

14. Klemmer
15. Finucane
16. Halatau
17. Keating
Put the farkin bong down sahn

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
01 Ben Barba
02 Drury Low
03 Josh Morris
04 Tim Lafai
05 Sam Perrett
06 Josh Reynolds
07 Trent Hodkinson
08 Aiden Tolman
09 Michael Ennis
10 Martin Taupau
11 Frank Pritchard
12 Josh Jackson
13 Greg Eastwood

14 David Klemmer
15 Dale Finucane
16 Tony Williams
17 Joel Romelo
This is a well balanced side.youhave a strong back row with a consistent improving front row.taupau settling in very well and klemmer will take time(got dominated in defence but big enough to fix that).williams will be a lot fresher of the bench as 80 mins he's just making the numbers.as for Hopkinson it would shut us all up to see what he's got if healthy but don't think he will be picked.

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not pretending its likely, just throwing it out there as a different option.
Williams to slow to defend in centres.116kg bigger than most props.he needs to realise he's a bench impact. Player.cant have impact if you are always chasing your breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.