Rehab expert asks: Why is Ben Barba back so soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are scared we're getting our star back after our reserves nearly beat the premiers gzzz don't hate the player hate the game!!!!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Having problems doesnt mean you have to shut down your life to solve them. He needed to take some time off to get his head right and to make an ongoing plan to tackle his issues, with the help of no doubt top shelf experts.

I've thought all along training and playing would HELP him recover. The rigors and discipline of training and playing, along with the support of his team mates and coach etc, can only be good for him. If hes not playing or training he has many times the amount of free time to get up to no good too.

There are also degrees of problems with different cures. It isnt like Ben had years of being an alcoholic and never beat up his family or anything. He just lost the plot over a serious long term relationship breakup that involves kids. Losing the plot isn't unheard of in that situation. He got into binge drinking rather than long term alcoholism.

And gambling, well you dont need time off work to solve a gambling problem. Work will give you less time to gamble if anything.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe the Gambling was a bigger issue than the drinking. Maybe the drinking was not that much of an issue at all!

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe he was betting how much he could drink

TheBarba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Went to one doctor he said I had the flu. Same day went to another dr he told me I was dehydrated. Point is drs only look as far as they need to. This bloke wants his 3 minutes in the paper.

Klem Bupa-Berg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There are confidentiality laws, so the Club has its approval report, which was probably shown to the NRL and off we go. Im still sure his medical help will still continue as well and it doesnt matter what the media say or another professional. They are just undermining their own colleagues and the clinic.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
"Hello Doc, can you give me the angle I want in my article? No?" *hangs up*

"Hello Doc, can you give me the angle I want in my article? Yes? omg fap fap fap fap

Basically rang around til he got someone to give him even the slightest angles to twist into 'his' story. Wouldn't mind betting the guy from that clinic is reading this article thinking 'this is really not what I was saying, he's twisted this'

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Any respected doctor would not publicly comment on someone else's patient.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phuck you Pitts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.