Not open for further replies.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Swear filter ded? Where is my asterisks? :p

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
The Brisbane Broncos have ceased negotiations with former Canberra star Josh Dugan after the troubled fullback was involved in another social media spat in which he suggested a Raiders supporter should "end themselves".

Dugan was sacked by the Raiders earlier this month for repeated code of conduct breaches that peaked with the 22-year-old posting a picture of himself on photo-sharing website Instagram, drinking on a rooftop and giving the finger to the camera.

Instagram was again his medium of choice on Saturday night when Dugan angrily responded to taunts from Raiders fans who remain upset about his exit from the club.

The gifted fullback unleashed a verbal tirade that included an invitation for a face-to-face confrontation with one of his antagonists.

Dugan was reportedly close to signing a deal with the Broncos but after the latest social media imbroglio the club issued a statement on Sunday afternoon saying they had pulled out of talks with his manager Paul Sutton.

"We will not be making any attempt to register a contract for Josh Dugan with the NRL," said Broncos chief executive Paul White.

"While there were some negotiations, they are now over.

"In light of some fresh allegations of inappropriate behaviour, the Broncos have decided not to take the matter any further."

Responding to one user who suggested the Raiders were better off now because the replacement fullback, Reece Robinson, was doing a good job, Dugan launched an profanity-laden rant (with expletives removed below).

"I'd hate to be ya nuffie," Dugan said.

"At least my dog doesn't speak up like you ya loud mouth ... who are ya by the way? I could never play another game of NRL and I've still accomplished more than you.

"Haha righto Marky Mark: go get another Raiders Tattoo then end yourself.

"Your mrs is hot too by the way haha you obviously don't read the news more the fool you haha your a joke.

"All my tats put together are better than your one rubbish one plus your bad head.

"Should call you don bradman ya batting well above average with her.

"Send her my way ill show her the time of her life."

On Sunday the one-time NSW State of Origin representative attempted to calm the situation by posting an apology.

"(There are) 2 sides to every story and only the bad side of my story has been told over the last few weeks," Dugan wrote.

"Yes I stuffed up and yes I'm paying my price. But people go on and on about bullying when I am constantly being harassed for simply putting a photo up.
Ad Feedback

"I apologize (sic) to those who I had bad words with but I am a normal person like anyone else.

"Media can write what they want but (they) have not spoken to me personally or seen the abuse I have copped.

"Life goes on and I'm trying to move forward with my life and career."

However the apology didn't hit the mark with his main antagonist, who sent another vile message.

That prompted Dugan to suggest a meet up to sort out their problems in person.

"I was actually going to apologize to you but now there's no point," Dugan said.

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder what the fans are saying back to Dugan now hahahahaa

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think he should lose a contract over a sh1t stir post on a website, he already got the sack for posting dubious pics.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think he should lose a contract over a sh1t stir post on a website, he already got the sack for posting dubious pics.
I'm sure when he met up with the Broncos they told him to stay away from the media / social media so they can discuss a move. So what does he do, he screws up again. This is 2 screw-ups in one month.

Sounds like he might have to go for rehab or some sort of counselling.

Good player but what a goose of a man!

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The mole suggesting he may be bound for St Helens

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What a fucken dick!! He'll never learn !! Fucken meathead !! He might as well give it away now and get a job at a ultra tune changing oil.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see why not. Why would the Broncos risk sponsors' money and their reputation in the local community for a guy who can't even lie low until he's signed up? If you're too out of control to behave yourself when your future rests on it, then you're clearly a liability to your club.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What a fucken dick!! He'll never learn !! Fucken meathead !! He might as well give it away now and get a job at a ultra tune changing oil.
Erm.. you do realise the swear filter is off. No need to try and get around it anymore.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
If I hear one more time about how this gronk deserves another chance I am going to vomit, the guy is scum, plain and simple, he doesn't have a problem, he is just acting the way any Gen Y fuckwits act when they have too much dollars and not enough sense. Spare me the crap that he needs professional help, I have plenty of friend who are Gen Y wankers, but the main difference between them and this idiot is that they are not in the public eye. Get a real job you fuckwit, you get paid a shitload to play a game, and all anybody asks is that you play it clean, how fucking hard is it.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I hear one more time about how this gronk deserves another chance I am going to vomit, the guy is scum, plain and simple, he doesn't have a problem, he is just acting the way any Gen Y fuckwits act when they have too much dollars and not enough sense. Spare me the crap that he needs professional help, I have plenty of friend who are Gen Y wankers, but the main difference between them and this idiot is that they are not in the public eye. Get a real job you fuckwit, you get paid a shitload to play a game, and all anybody asks is that you play it clean, how fucking hard is it.
Very strong words for a guy that you basically say is like many of your friends.

He's done nothing serious as far as we know. Just being a goose on twitter like most other kids. His behaviour at Canberra was poor but a lot of that had to do with not getting on with the coach.

I'm by no means a fan of Dugan but he's nothing more than a dumb kid.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
you're right my friends are like that, but my last sentence sums up my thoughts, this dickhead gets paid to play a game, it's not rocket science. obviously talent (which I don't even see) doesn't equate to working hard.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
These guys need to realise that it is a privilege to play in the NRL as a professional sportsman. If these guys carry on like idiots then this privilege should be taken away from them by either their club, potential future clubs or by the NRL itself.

Lets look at Stevie Turner for example. He was up until recently part of the team but has a chronic knee problem which forced him out of the game. This can happen at any stage of a players career.

Throughout his career he always represented both himself & his club with excellence. He is a great role model to other team mates and more importantly his fans. For all his good work he is now rewarded with a part of the media team at the dogs. I'm sure the Storm would be just as welcoming to him as well.

Now if someone like Dugan has a chronic problem in the not to distant future, his career will certainly end as no other team would want to be associated with him. His future prospect in the NRL would be non-existent.

If you look after the game then the game will look after you. Crap on the game and that is what you should get in return.

P

Promiscuous

fuck fuck mother fuck rapist **** dick mother fuck fuck

just testing

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you're right my friends are like that, but my last sentence sums up my thoughts, this dickhead gets paid to play a game, it's not rocket science. obviously talent (which I don't even see) doesn't equate to working hard.
You said it mate, I was just pointing it out. Strange to hate the bloke if you have friends like that I thought.

I don't see it like most, that just because they get payed a lot to play a game, footy players should be role models or be really grateful. At the end of the day they are people too, hence personality and behavioural issues, addictions etc.

It's not rocket science but its not easy either. Otherwise there would be many more pro athletes. Training would be worse than many jobs tbh and sure some get paid heaps but look at the revenue the game creates.

Dugan does seem soft and unwilling to work hard though. I wonder how much was due to him not liking Furner.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Sorry, I use the term "friends" loosely. More like guys I know from a friend of a friend, I dont personally hang with fuckwits.

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So just because he gets paid to play a game it's different standard for him compared to your mates at the end of the day this is his job and he fucked up and needs to grow up but it's unfair that because he is in the spot light what he says gets blown if he was a no body people wouldn't give two shits about what he said

Status
Not open for further replies.