Billy Slater – The guy who doesn’t mean to be dirty, but is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
I meant to ask this did anyone watch the melb game on Monday night??

Billy fucking slater never jumps with is foot in the air the grub should of been suspended for that kick on klemmer

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Apparently may be out of the game this weekend, due to a leg injury. Foot in a moon boot today said the report on a facebook page feed.

Naturally this concluded he must have deliberately kicked someone else in the head and this time it didn't pay off for him :p

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently may be out of the game this weekend, due to a leg injury. Foot in a moon boot today said the report on a facebook page feed.

Naturally this concluded he must have deliberately kicked someone else in the head and this time it didn't pay off for him :p
I laughed at the irony when I heard that a foot injury may keep Slater out this weekend.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Has Billy Slater lost the plot ?

In the last month, wild Billy has knocked a bloke out (and got off), put his dainty hoof down Klemmer's throat and shaped up to Robbie Farrar like a prize fighter rearing to inflict pain. My question is - has Billy lost the plot ? I think he is experiencing a mid football crisis where he has become incapable of controlling his actions. Being a protected specie for so long - I think his judgement has become impaired or simply his uncontrollable actions have got the better of him. Such a gifted footballer, yet such a recent numbskull. Why has Billy lost it ?

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
191 posts and u still manage to put a non bulldogs related thread into a bulldogs discussion thread - awesome.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
191 posts and u still manage to put a non bulldogs related thread into a bulldogs discussion thread - awesome.
Well, if I was as perfect as you the world would obviously be a better place. Without sounding like a goose - where would you suggest I put it. Is Klemmer not related to the Bulldogs ??

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, if I was as perfect as you the world would obviously be a better place. Without sounding like a goose - where would you suggest I put it. Is Klemmer not related to the Bulldogs ??
Yes Klemmer is, but just re read the title of your thread.. the topic of discussion is billy 'the grub' slater.

I do agree with you tho.

RO11LR

Pup
Reaction score
When there are no consequences for the shit he does then why not do what the fark he wants ?

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, at the risk of being accused of being something other than a Bulldogs fan I'll answer the thread's question.

No, I don't think Slater has lost the plot. It goes further than that and it could result in an ugly situation. Slater now thinks that he is untouchable and can get away with any thuggery he decides to instigate.

Of course the Match Review Committee could have shut Slater down when he tried to introduce David Klemmer's face to his boot studs, but unfortunately the Committee let the NRL down again.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Listened to ABC radio, heard the following: "Slater plays the ball, and gets up throwing punches - that's not in his game".

I've lost count how many times his offences are instantly excused by commentators, while lesser players' offences are replayed ad nauseum.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Woke up this morning and couldn't get back to sleep so I wrote this. Thinking about sending it to rleague.com:

Billy Slater – The guy who doesn’t mean to be dirty, but is.
Upfront I will declare my bias as a Canterbury supporter, however, I caveat that fact with this article being evidence based.
I admire Billy Slater, I think he is the best fullback in Australia, a fantastic role-model and an incredible athlete. Like everyone else on this planet, Billy Slater has faults. One of these faults is that sometimes Billy Slater does dirty things on the football field.

I draw attention to the first incident from memory, the 2008 NRL Grand Final. That day, Billy employed an alarming tactic of charging in feet-first, Bruce Lee style into opposition players attempting to ground the ball. It was a terribly dangerous tactic, so much so that the NRL introduced a rule before the 2009 NRL season outlawing the practice.

In the 2012 Grand Final, when it was too late to affect a try-saving tackle, Billy Slater dropped his knees into Sam Perrett whilst he was in the act of scoring. This action sparked the melee in which James Graham inexplicably bit Slater’s ear, for which he was adequately punished.

In round 2 of the 2013 NRL season in the Cowboys vs Storm game in Townsville, Slater sprinted out wide with a shoulder charge to wipe-out Antonio Winterstein with an illegal shoulder charge, for which he was charged.

In round 3 of the 2013 NRL season in the Storm vs Bulldogs game in Melbourne, Slater was penalised for extending his leg and striking David Klemmer in the face with his foot. The incident was deemed as foul play and put on report.

You would expect an esteemed coach such as Craig Bellamy to defend his player’s integrity and question the ruling. However, the incredible suggestion by him and Storm captain Cameron Smith that Klemmer was at fault for being within the vicinity of Slater and striking distance is ludicrous and what seems a deliberate ploy to save Slater from suspension.

All this being the case, I still have the utmost respect for Billy Slater as a NRL player and person. What I object to is this purported myth that he is of infallible character that never engages in poor conduct.
In 2005 I think it was Slater was suspended for stepping on a guys head as he was about to play the ball.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
does anyoneknow if he got sited by the matcgh review committee for the shoulder charge he did during the panthers game?

if he dosent get a week he is deadset untouchable

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
does anyoneknow if he got sited by the matcgh review committee for the shoulder charge he did during the panthers game?

if he dosent get a week he is deadset untouchable
Untouchable bro, wasn't charged

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
See him give up after 10m on the intercept try against Penrith. Had nothing, Cooper Cronk went the whole way.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't hate too many players but this grub is no 1 on my list. I got my fingers crossed that he gets some of his own back during S.O.O!!

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Untouchable bro, wasn't charged
The Nrl is a joke I love the game but it seriously it needs a massive clean out

I hope the new CEO can do this because he has no loyalties to any team

Now back to billy slater I do what I want on the field

Apparently he dove in with his knees on a Penrith try as well

I don't get how officials don't see this

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The Nrl is a joke I love the game but it seriously it needs a massive clean out

I hope the new CEO can do this because he has no loyalties to any team

Now back to billy slater I do what I want on the field

Apparently he dove in with his knees on a Penrith try as well

I don't get how officials don't see this
We need a new competition all together, it's a joke run by jokers.

Slater is protected, along with Smith and Cronk. The owners of the nrl own the storm so the protection is there.

Plus they think they can make money in Melbourne so once again they are protected.

BTW that new CEO won't last long, TG has his foot in the door. Wouldn't be surprised if Todd is the new CEO as early as next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.