Audio in refs ear pieces...

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hazem_elmasri

I've always wondered if the refs on field and video refs, are listening in on the commentary at the same time?

P

Promiscuous

I'm assuming its to communicate with each other/video refs.

But who knows? A little bit of their of their favourite workout anthem...

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've always wondered if the refs on field and video refs, are listening in on the commentary at the same time?
No, they each have the entire Celine Dion back catalogue playing on repeat. Helps them focus on the action.

H

hazem_elmasri

Because if they were listening in, then they would never make a wrong decision. As the commentary pick up on things that the refs didn't, and have time to work out what has happened. Referee's would be able to put what they have seen on the field and piece it together with what the commentators have seen and think

Just a thought guys...

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because if they were listening in, then they would never make a wrong decision.

Just a thought guys...
Really? I like Gus Gould, but he does like to "referee" games based on what he thinks looks like a try or a penalty, not what the rulebook says.

P

Promiscuous

Really? I like Gus Gould, but he does like to "referee" games based on what he thinks looks like a try or a penalty, not what the rulebook says.
Can't stand his consistent cock sucking of certain players and teams. Especially tonight eurgh.

And his ego that he is always right and the refs are wrong. Can't wait until he's off tv.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think we should have to hear the ref, they mumble sh1t anyway.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think we should have to hear the ref, they mumble sh1t anyway.
Sometime I think league tries to hard to be American... like Monday night football, cheerleaders, refs being part of the game etc.

Could you imagine soccer or union doing this?

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
its early on in the year but so far the refs this year look like they have improved a bit..

H

hazem_elmasri

Philip Ronald Gould was actually the best linesman ever in recent times

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I would think if they listened to the commentary they would find it harder to concentrate on the matter at hand. I am sure it's just the two on field refs and touchies who talk to each other. Then they talk to the video ref when they want his input.

I think they are doing a pretty good job this year, of course there has and will continue to be mistakes, but it is a hell of a lot better than last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.