Waterhouse's multi-million dollar NRL deal put under microscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
There is absolutly no valid reason for sports gambling to be shoved down our throats. If you want live odds there is this thing call the internet.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
About freaking time. They need to get rid of all gambling advertising/promoting in all sports esp NRL. It's a disgrace. Kids are already getting on the punt at 18 because of this sh1t.

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So there are all sorts of restrictions on smoking (such as the packaging) and everyone is concious about exposing kids to junk food ads, but it's okay to promote gambling every 2 minutes on tv, talk about gambling after the game, cross promote gambling from footy to horse racing and have sponsorship everywhere to the point where you can't escape it?!

N.B. someone get this idiot Tom Waterhouse off our screens please. Not sure who is worse, he or Matt Shirvington. Both absolutely hopeless.

Stanna man

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Even on the footy show when asked what you would do with your last $10 , most players said they would have a punt..
even the hosts said the same..
gambling is in rugby league culture...

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even on the footy show when asked what you would do with your last $10 , most players said they would have a punt..
even the hosts said the same..
gambling is in rugby league culture...
Thats very sad. Gambling addiction is almost as bad a drug addiction!

Stanna man

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thats very sad. Gambling addiction is almost as bad a drug addiction!
yet it is advertised during a game, before and after, even Waterhouse appears on the panel .
So what's a young player with a lot of money and spare time do??
yep gamble it... Very sad...

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yet it is advertised during a game, before and after, even Waterhouse appears on the panel .
So what's a young player with a lot of money and spare time do??
yep gamble it... Very sad...
The problem is what the marketers think of what is acceptable. They used to call it gambling but now its called gaming. Apparently gaming is different & better?

Its the same sh!t.

MAD DOG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I brought this issue up a couple of years ago on here and i got hammered and people didn't understand what i was getting at... now people... see what's happening????

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So there are all sorts of restrictions on smoking (such as the packaging) and everyone is concious about exposing kids to junk food ads, but it's okay to promote gambling every 2 minutes on tv, talk about gambling after the game, cross promote gambling from footy to horse racing and have sponsorship everywhere to the point where you can't escape it?!

N.B. someone get this idiot Tom Waterhouse off our screens please. Not sure who is worse, he or Matt Shirvington. Both absolutely hopeless.
Good post buddy. I totally agree.

Is your stadium still called Centrebet Stadium? If so that is sad as from my experience in building & fitout of clubs, the heaviest gamblers are out west. You can see why Centrebet picked your stadium.

Good to see your guys are playing better!

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
What are the odds for somebody punching this **** in the face before the season ends?..lets see if he can see that.

Stanna man

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What are the odds for somebody punching this **** in the face before the season ends?..lets see if he can see that.

$1.01 very short odds. Most unbackeble Odds since Black caviar...

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Is there anyone who likes this jerk?

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
All our prayers may be answered soon enough. Apparently he's bitten off more than he can chew with the NRL deal and is swimming into financial turmoil..

Stanna man

Kennel Established
Reaction score
All our prayers may be answered soon enough. Apparently he's bitten off more than he can chew with the NRL deal and is swimming into financial turmoil..
Im sure if he gets stuck he can run to mummy to rescue him..

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Decent source, or the usual Kennel wild innuendo? :grinning:

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Remember the Winfield Cup? The same thing will happen to gambling one day.

I hope.

Stanna man

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Remember the Winfield Cup? The same thing will happen to gambling one day.

I hope.
Whats disappointing about the Winfield Cup days is the deletion of Tina Turner from our theme song !!!!!!!

and the big Grandstand sign at Belmore..
Grand final days were awesome.. they gave out the red infield cup hats for everyone to wear..

AAAAAhhh the good old days... still caught up..

Last edited by a moderator:

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Decent source, or the usual Kennel wild innuendo? :grinning:

Very good source. Can't say too much as it may affect any pending financial deals and get my arse sued lol. I don't post shit for the sake of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.