Tony Williams Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

FullyHektic

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tony Williams performance LOL.
What performance he needs to go. If there was a game for him to step up this was it.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The tony Williams NON performance thread

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Please get injured for next game.... you have wasted our money now please dont be a waste of space

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Williams is 116kg.he needs to be coming off the bench because as I have said before.he is bigger than almost every prop and not many props can go for 80 min...maybe tolman but he is only 107kg and hardly bends the line...so put Williams on the bench and see how he plays then

bite man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
des's fault he brought him hear'' u cant buy a premership des, do us fans a favour piss him off and pritchard dead losses ! farken sick to death of our unperforming bulldogs team ,,year in year out happens every year , 1 question , 'why is toleman always in our back line he fucks up the ball flow to our speed men ? anybody ? r.i.p 2013

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
des's fault he brought him hear'' u cant buy a premership des, do us fans a favour piss him off and pritchard dead losses ! farken sick to death of our unperforming bulldogs team ,,year in year out happens every year , 1 question , 'why is toleman always in our back line he fucks up the ball flow to our speed men ? anybody ? r.i.p 2013
please go back and watch last year, now once you have be quiet

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why did they not look at the video again when he went down, correct me if im wrong but Watmough clearly punched him in the face didnt he?

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year is just that.the game moves quickly and coaches need to be. On the pace.injuries aside teams have us covered at present and that must change.we need new plays to counter the defences which are giving Barbara etc no time.we need smarter last tackle options and not so predictable.no defence is being tested by the kick to the wingers every time.we need to start to play pressure football...like Melbourne.the play I dread the most when watching Melbourne is their last tackle kick.if you want to see pressure play watch their last tackle plays...way ahead at the moment.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very dissapointing effort from him. Des needs to fix it. Dump him to NSW cup he looks like the guy that has never played a game. He was a passenger all game.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Williams is 116kg.he needs to be coming off the bench because as I have said before.he is bigger than almost every prop and not many props can go for 80 min...maybe tolman but he is only 107kg and hardly bends the line...so put Williams on the bench and see how he plays then
Thank you for bringing common sense to the discussion. I trust Des, but I just hope he has a plan with this and not just playing him 80 mins for the sake of it.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Even a rug on Valium would call she-rex lazy

Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
OMG I have just realised what SBW will do to she-rex next week. Another 50 nil win by the roosters next week simply by running at rex all night

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hope she-Rex suffers a season ending injury

winton08

Waterboy
Reaction score
I am officially done with Williams. He is a bludger who isn't worth shit. Give him to the eels for a Chico roll and resign Pritchard. He has no heart and I am sick of his flat footed half arse hit ups. He is pathetic.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I am officially done with Williams. He is a bludger who isn't worth shit. Give him to the eels for a Chico roll and resign Pritchard. He has no heart and I am sick of his flat footed half arse hit ups. He is pathetic.
Chico roll...awesome lol

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
my thoughts are.. more mobility in the second row to get the speed we clearly lacked last night. plus on top of this the props were not able to bend back a clear tactic from manly to be offside for tackles 1-3 before retreating back 10 for the rest of the set. unfortunately our inabillty to complete sets put the pressure on us for defence and our halves kicking game which is average at the moment. i would like to see next pending availabilty the following in our pack.
props Eastwood,Tolman,Taupau,Klemmer
2nd row Finucane,Jackson,Pritchard,
lock Halatau

i would start Eastwood with Taupau
Jackson with Prictchard
Williams back to NSW cup to take the spotlot of him whilst he gains better confidence and work with the bulldogs structure.

thoughts anyone"
Hooker Ennis

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M69UKv1VAoE

Not sure if that video has been posted before. I must say I wasnt a big Williams follower while he was at manly and parra. What it seems to me (i know highlight videos can make anyone look good) but his defense was very aggressive and affect. He would monster people. He would rag doll then and smash them. He would also smash people with proper tackles (not just shoulder charges).

This year he looks like he has no aggression. He is grabing at peoples jersies instead of hitting with his shoulder to slow momentum down. He is 120kg, he should be able to dominate any other NRL player in defense. He isnt doing this. Also when running the ball he was more explosive taking a few players to stop him. Now he is getting chopped one on one by centres.

If only he could find that aggression to smash players again (he was smashing eastwoods, tariq sims, corey parker. he absolutely slaughtered a few NRL tough men). Is it a confidence thing? did his suspension last year change his game?

I would rather a williams from the clip that gets 4-7 weeks worth of suspensions every year then what we have now playing 80 mins a game and starts every single game.

Status
Not open for further replies.