Tony Williams Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To be fair he is improving. I think from round 1 to round 4 we have seen a difference. Hasn't been revolutionary but slightly better each week.

The upsetting thing is his defence. He is leaving gaps and is dropping off tackles. Is that a weight issue? Is it a mobility issue? Is he out of position? I don't know. I haven't seen too much if him pre bulldogs to know how his defence was and his lateral movement is.

If Williams is on similar money to dave Taylor then we should feel ripped off. No matter how poorly Taylor plays he can still trample players. Williams gets chopped down one on one by centres.

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We got the wrong Williams

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
100m 26 tackles and a try assist against rabbitohs, but yeah he's playing real crap,
Surely you are taking the piss? Are you implying those two stats are impressive?

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont worry. We will keep him. T-rex is like a big Gremlin, Des is waiting to feed him at the right time.
Haha good one. I bet we have the last laugh.

He should be good from round 1 as he's had all offseason but he's slowly getting into form and will be killing it by the important games.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely you are taking the piss? Are you implying those two stats are impressive?
surely you are an idiot if you haven't compared his stats to those over the other forwards during the game, he played a solid game and he's getting crap for unfair reasons, yeah he had a slow start but that doesn't mean he played shit against the rabbitohs

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The Sheila doesn't want to play for Canterbury

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And 2 pathetic attempts on line against Melbourne
http://youtu.be/GYiHyT3iV5Y
1 min and 2:45.
He is either not committed or for some reason out of his depth
I think he is still working out where he needs to be within the team structure.

In attack he should just run onto the ball. A big man like that just needs hold the ball & run hard!

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Sheila doesn't want to play for Canterbury
On the Matty Johns Show there was a little interview with Matai head of the Bulldogs / Beagles clash.

He was hoping that he does not need to mark up on T-Rex. I'm not too sure if he was trying to be sarcastic.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
you should probably look at the stats again...
We put too much emphasis on stats nowadays. It's not the NFL. Stats don't show that desperate dive to make a tackle or busting your balls to fill a defensive gap or putting your hand up for a big run when it's needed.
Stats are crap. They mean very little

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We put too much emphasis on stats nowadays. It's not the NFL. Stats don't show that desperate dive to make a tackle or busting your balls to fill a defensive gap or putting your hand up for a big run when it's needed.
Stats are crap. They mean very little
people who use this argument aren't really acknowledging all the facts, i agree that stats aren't showing the whole picture, but what they do show is facts, and the minimum of what a player has done during the match, the reason i said he should look at the stats is for that reason, some players go about their work quietly or inconspicuously or some people's hate for a player blinds them to anything good they do, and thats why i quoted the stats, because they definitely happened regardless of how many people call him lazy and say he does nothing, the only fault i could give him for the rabbitohs match was not stopping the burgess try, but in my opinion it had more to do with klemmer than him

Status
Not open for further replies.