Kris Keating Discussion Thread 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Look, I have a lot of faith in our boys to play tough, defend well. I have faith in Reynolds, Barba to make big plays when they count BUT I can also name you THREE individual plays by Brent Sherwin in the 2004 Grandfinal which only a halfback of that pedigree can pull off on the big stage. Even with the likes of Patten, Anasta, SBW, Thurston etc you’re halfback had to come up with those plays to win the Premiership

We had them in 2004, we didn’t have them in 2012

And I’m certainly not holding my breath for Keating to deliver them this year
Don't worry, we have our real halfbacks coming back in round 10. A competent halfback needs to be able to put players into holes - Graham and Kasiano.

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently kk is to good to be replaced....has defending teams shaking in their boots lol

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
a match fit Hodkinson is what we need but i heard that will take time.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bring back trent hoko!
Kk is just so bad in attack..
Come on des bring hoko back for our next game

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bring back trent hoko!
Kk is just so bad in attack..
Come on des bring hoko back for our next game
The talk about sacking him is just going around in circles. Last year our campaign was based on our forwards and our halves were there to do their job and kick. We all know he isn't the most creative 7 its just when we don't have the same forward pack that has that impact our 7 is exposed.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If Hodkinson is the answer we wouldn't be getting beaten in NSW Cup each week. I didn't think Keating was the problem, and up until we lost Ennis we had them on the back foot. Add in one try straight after a VS call when Luke C clearly stripped the ball, and its a one point game vs a full strength South's.

That's a fancy new user title Tonee... Welcome aboard :grinning:

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Meh reminds me of last year tbh...we also had Souths, Manly, Storm all in a row and we didn't win a single one of those games. We did however only lose each game by 8 points or less.

In all the return fixtures v Manly, Storm and Souths we won every single one.

Keating wasn't the major problem today, he is as he always is, but we need our halfbacks in Graham and Kasiano back, we had no forward play whatsoever and thats our strength. Klemmer, Finucane, Taupau and Tolman make solid metres but they hardly pass out the back to create any sort of chances for Barba and Morris

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If Hodkinson is the answer we wouldn't be getting beaten in NSW Cup each week. I didn't think Keating was the problem, and up until we lost Ennis we had them on the back foot. Add in one try straight after a VS call when Luke C clearly stripped the ball, and its a one point game vs a full strength South's.

That's a fancy new user title Tonee... Welcome aboard :grinning:
Haha yes, thank you Mr I.

MrDogzOfWar

Dogz At War!
Reaction score
Where is Trent Hodkinson, we need him so bad. KRIS KEATING IS NOT A HALFBACK.. :/

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well getting a more creative half is the first step in trying to solve our upfront attacking problem!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That red headed **** is still better than she-rex

Klem Bupa-Berg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Without getting a player released from his contract we wont have a halfback till nxt yr.

Des is forced to make changes for Inu but i doubt a keating change will be made. That kicking game to place teams under pressure or give our forwards breathing space for their huge efforts is eating away at their energy.
Energy on kick chase is half there as well, only some may chase after some good kicks go through. Is hodko the answer? (are we carrying hodko till his contract ends? or is he really ready to give another NRL crack?) or unless we discover an unknown talent from a lower league, then they remain our only options for the year. Shaun Johnson needs a release, Sam williams if we sign wont be available till nxt yr.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Best defender on the field last night. Saved 2 tries and shut down everyone including Ingles one on one several times. Unfortunately good defence is one of the less important parts of a halfbacks game.

S

Submits

Best defender on the field last night.
That's going a little far don't you think.. he made alot of tackles only because they were running at him all day. I was right on halfway watching him not moving up, waiting for the defence to come to him. He may have made the tackle, but he put them on the front foot, if that sorta makes sense..

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At least he is not kicking to ball in the back of players. Thats an improvement!

He tries hard as always.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Played much better yesterday.

Can we change thread title to "Kris Keating Discussion thread" etc

Status
Not open for further replies.