No, Ben did not hit me - Barba's ex-partner Ainslie Currie denies ugly assault rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score

THE estranged partner of troubled league superstar Ben Barba last night angrily denied rumours about their relationship, declaring that Barba had not assaulted her.

Ainslie Currie, whose break-up with the Dally M champ late last year helped trigger Barba's escalating problems involving alcohol, gambling and anger, emphatically denied that he had physically hurt her.

"I heard rumours floating around about my personal life and I have had family and friends ring to see if I am OK," she told The Daily Telegraph.

"For the record, I am okay.

"I am healthy but I am dealing with an enormous situation regarding my break-up, which is being played out in a public forum.

"Ben has asked for privacy from the Bulldogs and the media and I guess it's my turn to let people know that I am fine.

"I am not physically hurt but dealing with a very personal situation that involves my children and myself."

Asked directly whether Barba had physically assaulted her, Ms Currie said: "No."

Ms Currie said she felt it was important to "set the record straight" on the question of whether Barba had physically hurt her after allegations proliferated on social media outlets.

She had been inundated with calls from concerned friends and family about the matter but wanted to make a public statement to "stop the rumours".

Her mission now was to protect the children she has with Barba - Bodhi and Bronte.

READ More
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-assault-rumours/story-e6frexp9-1226586388435

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
she sounds like a lovely young lady. Ben do the right thing go back home spend some time with your two beautiful young children and beg like hell she takes you back. She seems like a young lady that wants a man in her life not a boy !!! and has the best interests of her family the way a woman should. Ben get your **** together and MAN UP

Doggies Fan

Waterboy
Reaction score
she sounds like a lovely young lady. Ben do the right thing go back home spend some time with your two beautiful young children and beg like hell she takes you back. She seems like a young lady that wants a man in her life not a boy !!!
As girly as it sounds I agree with this!! She's a good sort and seems to have her head screwed on, oh and she's the mother of his two little kids as well which is massive. You've had your bender now go back home and make things right Benny!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Not only good looking, but seems like a nice girl with her heart in the right place. Certainly does not sound like the words, nor attitude of someone wanting to cut ties completely, nor the words of a scorned woman.

Maybe in time when Barba heals, he can sit down, front the media, and tell everyone what he did. Who knows, he might help future players avoid such issues.

But for now I wish him, Ainslie and the entire family all the very best in working towards a resolution whereby everyone involved is happy.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Some mofos are gonna have to open their chequebook methinks ..,

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
This is dubious because denial of domestic abuse is quite common even in a normal relationship and probably more so where 1 person in the relationship is dominant and highly visible

like take a look at how greg birds girlfriend went all in to protect him, lying that someone else glassed her and then telling the court she was drunk, high and crazed attacking bird with the glass and she somehow got hit when he defended himself

also when i tried to steal $50 from my mum and she caught me, then after i took a swing at her and challenged her to a fight she beat me up and i lied to all the people at work that i fell to explain away the bruises, i was embarrassed and felt that it was somehow my fault

btw whatever the situation is with actual violence or no violence he has treated her like ****, gambling away all their money, arguing with her about money (probably because she has kept some money aside that he wants to now gamble with), and then leaving her

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bulldogs were quick to make it know there was no police involvement. If there was a domestic abuse concern, it would not be so hushed up, and the Bulldogs would not be covering for him. Greenberg would've handed him over to deal with it without delay, we don't mess around with that stuff.

The people who sat there making their own conclusions are fools. As loyal fans, we have to have faith in what our very respectable management team tell us is true.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Defimation case against Wally..

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
also when i tried to steal $50 from my mum and she caught me, then after i took a swing at her and challenged her to a fight she beat me up and i lied to all the people at work that i fell to explain away the bruises, i was embarrassed and felt that it was somehow my fault
Slight overshare there..

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
btw whatever the situation is with actual violence or no violence he has treated her like ****, gambling away all their money, arguing with her about money (probably because she has kept some money aside that he wants to now gamble with), and then leaving her

I'm not defending gambling, but you got no idea how much of a disease it can really be... How much pain and suffering it can cause... From the outside looking in, it's easy to say 'they shouldn't have done it to begin with' etc, but he/they did for whatever reason and it can really take a hold of a person, without that person even realising.

Once the disease has a hold of someone, you have NO IDEA how embarrassed and ashamed you feel to come out, how isolated and alone you can feel... How much you hate yourself and sometimes even wish you were dead. It takes a big person to come out with the issue, to seek help, to want help!! You do things you never in a million years thought you could do. Sometimes it takes losing your family to realise you do have a problem which you can't stop.

Instead of being a moron, why not just wish him all the best? Football talent and the Bulldogs aside! I really hope he gets all the help he needs, only then will I be happy if he comes back to the NRL.

Because of Benny Barba, one other person in Australia might come forward and admit they got a gambling problem (Which will lead to drinking and being a tool) and change his/her life!!! People are to quick to lay in the boot, no one is perfect.

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is dubious because denial of domestic abuse is quite common even in a normal relationship and probably more so where 1 person in the relationship is dominant and highly visible

like take a look at how greg birds girlfriend went all in to protect him, lying that someone else glassed her and then telling the court she was drunk, high and crazed attacking bird with the glass and she somehow got hit when he defended himself

What sort of dead beat steals off their mum then tries to hit her ? Do you have a heroin addiction , crystal meth ? Lets all speculate what rods issues are ...Maybe you should be stood down from the kennel until you deal with your demons , just like benny,you could maybe come back a better man

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
What sort of dead beat steals off their mum then tries to hit her ? Do you have a heroin addiction , crystal meth ? Lets all speculate what rods issues are ...Maybe you should be stood down from the kennel until you deal with your demons , just like benny,you could maybe come back a better man
This all started when he fell in with the Elite Bull****ers Crew..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

It's already been clearly stated that BB is not in debt.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
She is not dumb. By saying this she has secured her financial future.

Child support - 30% of $400k per year for 10 years is a lot better than if he was sacked and she would be on 30% or $30k year with Benny washing cars again.
If we sack barba he would be instantaneously picked up by another club.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Cant believe a few ppl are basically saying that she lied about Ben not abusing her to protect her future maintenance payments.

What a load of BS. I expect it from Rod so anything he says is not surprising or taken seriously, but cant believe others are willing to try and tear down the best player we have had at the club since Lamb.

Some of you need to pull your heads in, leave it up to the media to twist and spin Bens life into a story to suit their agendas, try being fans and support Ben the way the club is.

Rod was born retarded, what is the excuse of the rest of you?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Cant believe a few ppl are basically saying that she lied about Ben not abusing her to protect her future maintenance payments.

What a load of BS. I expect it from Rod so anything he says is not surprising or taken seriously, but cant believe others are willing to try and tear down the best player we have had at the club since Lamb.

Some of you need to pull your heads in, leave it up to the media to twist and spin Bens life into a story to suit their agendas, try being fans and support Ben the way the club is.

Rod was born retarded, what is the excuse of the rest of you?
Most sections of the media have been much kinder and more sympathetic to Benny than a large section of this forum IMO....In this instance, certain users of the kennel are out sensationalising the journos...and that is a scary and saddening thought.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Most sections of the media have been much kinder and more sympathetic to Benny than a large section of this forum IMO....In this instance, certain users of the kennel are out sensationalising the journos...and that is a scary and saddening thought.
people please take note

Status
Not open for further replies.