Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2013 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ransom

Waterboy
Reaction score
Not sure we need a new half after tonight's performance. Hodkinson seems to be getting better and better with more game time under his belt, and with Kasiano and Graham back the team just functions completely different. I would hate to see us spend alot of money on an untested half when we have Hodkinson, who only a couple of years ago was one of the better halves in the game. I'd like to give him a few more weeks and see if everyone is still down about our half situation then.

Klem Bupa-Berg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If I'm Keating, I'm getting my manager to call around already.

That said I've always seen Keating as an average hooker as his best position.
Is KK already gone? - see if any changes to NSW Cup. May have joined Pumipi with a release??

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not sure we need a new half after tonight's performance. Hodkinson seems to be getting better and better with more game time under his belt, and with Kasiano and Graham back the team just functions completely different. I would hate to see us spend alot of money on an untested half when we have Hodkinson, who only a couple of years ago was one of the better halves in the game. I'd like to give him a few more weeks and see if everyone is still down about our half situation then.
mate we played against half a reserve grade side lets not get carried away with one decent performance from Trent. Lets see how he plays against one of the better sides then judge him

Ransom

Waterboy
Reaction score
Isn't that basically what I said? "Give him a few more weeks" then judge him? Wasn't getting carried away at all, just not trying to crucify him after only 2 or 3 games.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
2 straight wins 13+ and this thread has slowed down . When we get our next loss which I hope is at least 3 months away the topic will go into overdrive.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 straight wins 13+ and this thread has slowed down . When we get our next loss which I hope is at least 3 months away the topic will go into overdrive.
School holidays are over. Will be in overdrive again next holidays :grinning:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think let kk go re sign hodgko strickly 2 year contract then look at dce or foran

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think let kk go re sign hodgko strickly 2 year contract then look at dce or foran
Forget DCE and Foran .. they aren't the be all and end all.

Hodko is doing just fine, so re-sign him, and look at someone else for a backup halves player if Reynolds/Hodko gets injured.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Forget DCE and Foran .. they aren't the be all and end all.

Hodko is doing just fine, so re-sign him, and look at someone else for a backup halves player if Reynolds/Hodko gets injured.
1 year contract only I think AKA Turner, Halatau and co. don't want to have to pay a huge payout if we go another way. KK still contracted next year according to zero tackle.
Only halfbacks of note off contract next year are Tyrone Roberts, Shaun Johnson and Wallace

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can't we breed a halfback, instead of always looking to poach an established player. . Buying a top line halfback in this era is a pipe dream.
We need to develop a young player. Buy them talent and develop it.

Ps: Anyone seen much of Mbye in the 20's? Could he be the one?

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hopefully he keeps his form , stays injury free and solves the hb problem . He would have a lot to prove after sitting out last years run to the gf... One can only imagine sitting on the sidelines watching from his veiw. In form he is as good as any of the other off contract hb .imo he complements Reynolds well and it should be good to watch continually improve... He has shown enough in the last 2 weeks for me to believe we may have found the missing link ..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Mbye is still a way off, and I'm not sure he's the solution, as like Reynolds he is more a ball runner.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mbye is not a halfback. Give trent some time he will pull through. As soon as he gets more confidence in his knees and the forwards infront of him do their job we will see the real trent.

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was surprised at how good hiss last tackle kicking options were.when he put the bombs up the opposing fullbacks/wingers have had pressure put on them.the last tackle pressure option is something that the storm excel at but if we can get somewhere close to their level will give us more chance of retaining the ball.as for his general play looked very good and played like a halfback with sharper ball play and good to see him step and almost find the line.will watch but very happy with him so far.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If lafai keeps his spot and inu goes to wing watch how many tries inu will get from his bombs

d dog

New Pup
Reaction score
Emerging rugby powerhouse Israel Folau says he is not missing rugby league at all after five months with the Waratahs.
In the strongest indication yet that the cross-code talent is serious about pursuing a future in rugby, Folau said he was enjoying playing the code so much he had stopped missing the NRL.
“I’ve been out of the game for three years now, and I’ve got to say when I first left the code [to join AFL team Greater Western Sydney] it was hard, but now it’s helped that I’ve really enjoyed my rugby, and to be quite honest I’m not really missing [league] at all,” he said after a man of the match performance in the Waratahs’ record breaking 72-10 rout of the Southern Kings in South Africa.
“For me that’s a good thing, I’m really enjoying what I’m doing at the moment, and hopefully we can get something settled once we get back to Sydney.”
Facing strong interest from a number of NRL clubs, including the Bulldogs, plus the Australian Rugby Union and the Waratahs, Israel Folau said he hoped to finalise his decision within a month.
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...me-in-rugby-20130505-2j0w2.html#ixzz2SPpbrvcZ

Status
Not open for further replies.