Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2013 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HajdukSplit

I remember seeing him in a couple of games for WT, if my memory serves me correctly he was a clutz.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember seeing him in a couple of games for WT, if my memory serves me correctly he was a clutz.
Not great ball security but definitely could bend the line. Can't see the logic in buying him. It's a rumour at this stage.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
DW Rumours from SMH
'[h=3]Eels fuming at Dogs[/h]Parramatta are convinced they know which Bulldogs official was leaking information about the club wanting to sign Aiden Tolman. The Eels deny they are interested in signing the prop and say Tolman is unwanted at Belmore. They claim the Bulldogs are pushing Parramatta into the picture so Canterbury can eventually say they can't afford Tolman. Parra say they don't want Tolman or fellow Dogs forward Frank Pritchard and they are convinced that Waratahs recruit Israel Folau, a player the Eels narrowly missed out on in the off-season, is close to signing or has already signed with Canterbury for 2014. Clearly, the Dogs will need to make room to afford the former rugby league international and GWS Giants marquee signing. The Eels are sick of being used as leverage by other clubs to suit their signing agendas.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...me-partners-20130406-2he0r.html#ixzz2PjDCjtDM
*insert Danny Weasel Bullshit* and then add in the Bulldogs may, may not, or may have signed Folau..

Just heard on radio dogs have signed Dane Laurie mid season, effective asap
We haven't had a player that looked like predator since we got rid of Idris.

No, honestly, I hope it's not true. First hand from someone that's played with him: "the blokes an absolute, "A Grade" dickhead of the highest order".

Lauries claim to fame was getting sent off in a NSW Cup finals game for punching on after being sent to the bin for 10 :roflol:

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol guys, if it's from Mr Visible (in this thread), take it for a bit of a chuckle

The man has a good sense of humour. Well trolled Mr.V, well trolled :p

Mr.V is just taking the piss out of a lot of folks posting stupid rumours tis all ;)

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lol guys, if it's from Mr Visible (in this thread), take it for a bit of a chuckle

The man has a good sense of humour. Well trolled Mr.V, well trolled :p

Mr.V is just taking the piss out of a lot of folks posting stupid rumours tis all ;)
Mr Visible = Matress B for those playing at home.

What abour babra at halfback and folau at fullback make sense to me.
Moving the most dangerous fullback in the NRL last year to halfback? No.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL he's in this thread now Mr Visible* you can't hide you'll always be Visible

Klem Bupa-Berg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Suggestions are Michael Dobson who has been carving up ESL may be looking for a return to the NRL. With Dobson lined up with Titans Management group as in the case of a majority of many bulldogs players including James Graham, it is seen as a possibility given Greenbergs relationship with the Titans. Dobson left the NRL mid 2008 from Canberra.
If we went to the ESL I would prefer Johnny Lomax or Sam Tomkins, but i dont think they would leave England.
Momentum as clubs look at England:
The recent arrival of the Burgess brothers and the success of Gareth Ellis and James Graham has opened the eyes of Australian clubs, who are now actively scouting Englishmen. It’s been suggested agents for Lee Mossop and Gareth Hock are also working feverishly to secure opportunities in Australia.

Read more:
http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/more-poms-on-way-to-nrl-9020/#ixzz2PpDGceHJ
Read more at http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/more-poms-on-way-to-nrl-9020/#3bFuLMJY2R6LhHTO.99

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Moving the most dangerous fullback in the NRL last year to halfback? No.[/QUOTE]

You may be able to answer this Mr I . Did barba play in the halves in under 20's or was he fb ?

jammo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Moving the most dangerous fullback in the NRL last year to halfback? No.
You may be able to answer this Mr I . Did barba play in the halves in under 20's or was he fb ?[/QUOTE]

He was playing at 5/8 in Toyota cup.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score

KelpiesHuskies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
folau at fullback would be inglis type and it would solve our half problem with babra there too.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah Barba played in the halves for both NSW Cup and Toyota Cup. Also had a very small stint at hooker for one or two games.

Toyota Cup from memory Daniel Aboud-Sleiman kept him in the halves, and NSW Cup Michael Lett kept him in the halves.

However this was all before he found his feet at fullback. Now, one of his greatest assets is hitting holes from behind our attacking line. If you play him in the halves he is nowhere near as dangerous as he's unable to be "anywhere and everywhere". At the moment he can hide behind our forwards in the attacking line, making the defensively line having to look past our forwards to see where Barba is lurking.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Yeah Barba played in the halves for both NSW Cup and Toyota Cup. Also had a very small stint at hooker for one or two games.

Toyota Cup from memory Daniel Aboud-Sleiman kept him in the halves, and NSW Cup Michael Lett kept him in the halves.

However this was all before he found his feet at fullback. Now, one of his greatest assets is hitting holes from behind our attacking line. If you play him in the halves he is nowhere near as dangerous as he's unable to be "anywhere and everywhere". At the moment he can hide behind our forwards in the attacking line, making the defensively line having to look past our forwards to see where Barba is lurking.
They played him at halfback in NSW Cup, because they thought he was one (the word was that he was the next JT), not because anyone kept him out of that position. During that time it was found he had neither the kicking game, nor passing game to be a success in that role, he struggled to direct forwards around properly and he tended to play a lone hand a lot of the time, taking on the line as the first option, and loved going for intercepts when in defence.

Anyone who seriously thinks he is an option for halfback has rocks in there head. Maybe if we had no other options in the middle of must win game, but otherwise NO.

Status
Not open for further replies.