Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2013 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
When you are sacked from a club your contract that was lodged by the club/manager becomes null and void (ripped up).
He then has to sign a contract with another club and this is lodged to the NRL for acceptance.
They then decide to accept the contract so he can play in the NRL

I would love the NRL to knock back any contract he lodges on the grounds of bringing the game into disrepute.

They have the power but not the balls to do so.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
People, rugby league is not a court nor does it have an executioner. Players are part of an entertainment business albeit one that creates tribal loyalties. A player like Dugan can bring a club into disrepute and through that negatively impact future sponsorship and even recruitment. A club must make its own decision as to whether the results on the field will outweigh that negativity.

In the case of Carney and the Roosters it was a success for a while but ultimately backfired. Clubs like the Roosters that pick up these troubled players often suffer with their fanbase and while the Roosters have strong corporate backing they have a very small active crowd attendance. There is no way a strong club like the Bulldogs would recruit someone like Dugan. Our fans would not approve and fans are this club's lifeblood.

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
This ^

We are a club at the moment under the guidance of Tod and Des that have attracted major sponsors in the corporate world.

They come knocking on our door to be part of the new look Bulldogs, especially in the area no ********s policy.

If ever Todd had any inkling about signing Dugan he would approach the major sponsors for their opinion and if it would harm the
prospects of their further involvement with the club.

Would you as a major sponsor, and being honest, would like your company be part of a team that would sign any player, no matter how
much talent is a complete d...head.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
dugan adds nothing new to the club or the team, plus he has a ****ty attitude and that alone should be enought to keep him out of belmore

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
we can employ him to clean the seats at Belmore

bmw_s2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I get so irratated when people throw such stupid numbers around... "ahhhh if we sign him for 200k" please shut up. If we do sign him, its not going to be less than 400k.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dugan should be banned from playing this year. He didnt go training, was drinking while injured and would go training hung over.

Why should he be rewarded with a fresh start. He should be deregistered and not have another team throw mega bux at him. Otherwise he won't learn.

To me I think he will go roosters next year. Possibly sit out this year for his punishment.

No way he should be allowed to walk into another team and play in a week or two.

And we don't need an injury plagued fullback. We have Barba who is top 3 fullbacks in the game.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The NRL can't afford to do this, though a 3 month cooling off period between contracts should apply.

But if they do this those better players will be lost to union or AFL.

Dugan will get money tossed at hiom, though I feel he's over rated, and an injury risk to be honest.

He's like Hayne at Parra.... Happy to get paid the big money and put in minimal effort.

TheBarba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not sure if Kennel Fantasy League page or signings and rumours page???

H

HajdukSplit

I have a hot source that Scott Dureau will be wearing the blue and white as of 2014

H

HajdukSplit

They were looking at Rangi Chase, though he extended his contract with the Tigers

frogdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Leave that with me his dad lives two door down from me i will ask him how true this is, as of 3 months ago he has never heard from any aussie clubs. He does have a clause in his contract that if a NRL club makes an offer he can leave his current club.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Scott Dureau, you have got to be kidding me

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So, we sign a guy not good enough for NRL and had to go to ESL?

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If chase was available could be a good player for des to mould...plays hard and good passing game and can attack....he won man of steel 2011 so he's got to be a better option than the current...was having dramas but who knows...just need a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.