Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2013 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Private concerns

The photographer who took the shots started off by asking for $20,000, saying they were in hot demand. He continued to come back to Channel Nine and by the end he was offering the photos for $500.
what a grub

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we sign a good halfback, we have a dynasty on our hands. That's how close this team is. I'd much rather fork out the big money for someone like Sam Williams, than for Israel Folau.
I agree. We dont really need Folau. We need a halfback!

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
what about Trent Hodkinson? have we forgotten hes still a young man with plenty of potential..

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Halfback and we have an awesome doggies team...which will be feared.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Private concerns

When the Bulldogs asked for privacy regarding Ben Barba they weren't making the request lightly. The club has genuine concerns about Barba's well-being and know that he is in a delicate place when it comes to not only his football future, but his future in general. On Sunday, Nine News was offered photos of Barba in a rehabilitation clinic. The photographer who took the shots started off by asking for $20,000, saying they were in hot demand. He continued to come back to Channel Nine and by the end he was offering the photos for $500, but Nine News bosses decided that they weren't worth running given the Bulldogs' request for privacy for Barba. Photos of Barba in rehab turned up elsewhere and to say that his teammates, family and friends were disappointed is an understatement.

Danny Weidler is a Channel 9 reporter

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...sadas-court-20130309-2fsda.html#ixzz2N53ke3aK

Amazing that the weedler had more morality/credibility than the Daily telegraph when it came to posting the pics of Benny.
Claw back what little respect he has... Still an admirable descision.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If all this shark stuff goes any further and the club is in this much trouble.

I honestly would hope our club is smart enough to forget any other recruit and throw the book at Carney.

He would come at half the price of JT, has years ahead and is a terrific player. Just needs a coach to grab him by the neck and make him think.

Des is that.

PLEASE.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I honestly would hope our club is smart enough to forget any other recruit and throw the book at Carney.

He would come at half the price of JT, has years ahead and is a terrific player. Just needs a coach to grab him by the neck and make him think.

Des is that.

PLEASE.
That could happen, if things get any worse and he isn't suspended by the NRL it just could happen!

I think chasing Sam Williams might be the best thing for the future.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
a big no to sam williams on his effort today, he had a shocker

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeh, though who else is out there with some experience and has potential with the right tools (doggies training and coaching tools) and can come cheap :[

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Carney is way ahead of sam williams. not even close.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Carney will need good money to be persuaded to Belmore. Take Keiran Forman, wasn't he offered 1.4 mil or so for some years to join us?

captain dropbut

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
pretty sure all the issues are 2011 sharks squad so carney lewis robson etc are all clear, ithink

captain dropbut

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
another point yes turner only signed on for another year but he is only 28 and not 29 till october so why does everyond think he will retire

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Des is that.

PLEASE.
Seems like a good idea. If the sharks die then this is possible.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope the sharks don't die in the ass as a club. There cheerleaders are awesome!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Foran/Carney would both command anywhere from 400k+ a year. Both worth it too.

Carney is worth every bit of 500k+ in my opinion. More.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think it would be alrite for Turner to retire, he has some media connection jobs with the Dogs doesn't he? But trying to get a good half is going to be costly and if its not feasible, it might be best to look for up and coming half.

I think securing a good half to partner with posistions 1, 6 and 9 is something thats just needed in todays recipe for success in playing rugby league at this level. Take Melbourne's combo, Slatter, Cronk, Widdop and Smith (all play international level and pretty much command at any level).

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think it would be alrite for Turner to retire, he has some media connection jobs with the Dogs doesn't he? But trying to get a good half is guna be costly and if its not feasible, it might be best to look for up and coming half.
Who do you suggest?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I was reading up on Sam Williams, he had some wraps but he had some negative feedback from their game against the Panther. I think with the right tools (Canterbury's coaching and training staff) and some skill he has shown he might be good for the long run.

OR

Try pick up a half from England who might wana test him-self in the top Rugby League comp

OR

Try purge Rugby Union if we get super desperate haha

Status
Not open for further replies.