Bulldogs Player Movements | Re-Signings | Rumour Mill | 2013 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Confirmation thread...would be very limited indeed.

Reaction score
Are any of these the same sources that lined up Kieran Foran and Josh Dugan to be at the Dogs in 2013?...
lol good call, glad we missed out on these 2. after the foran thing i'm not getting too excited about JT until it gets confirmed. would love JT to come back to the dogs, don't care if izzy signs or not

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hope it's not true but my money would be on jmoz to link back up with his brother

buddman

Serial madman!
Reaction score
My vote is for Mitch Brown to return to Tigers.
Centre positions opened up when he left last season so I imagine he'd think he'd have a shot.

J MOZ?? No way
Inu - Highly unlikely
Perrett - He just came and he fits in perfectly
Hodko - Perhaps but Dessie gave him his start
Keating - If he wanted to go back surely he wouldn't have re-signed

buddman

Serial madman!
Reaction score
If Ben Hannant was still with us it'd be him for sure.

DOGGOD

Blue Guru
Reaction score
would the dogs benifit with folau, and at what cost, we have top young forwards coming through, yet we dont seem to have any young wingers, as none are being talked about here
I would say an astounding NO to that question. We have enough talent coming through the ranks in mbye, lafai, lane, low etc. I think we need to focus our attention on the retention of reynolds, tolman, pritchard and eastwood.

RO11LR

Pup
Reaction score
My vote is for Mitch Brown to return to Tigers.
Centre positions opened up when he left last season so I imagine he'd think he'd have a shot.

J MOZ?? No way
Inu - Highly unlikely
Perrett - He just came and he fits in perfectly
Hodko - Perhaps but Dessie gave him his start
Keating - If he wanted to go back surely he wouldn't have re-signed
Could be Cranky Franky back to Penrith ? his contract up end of this season ?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I highly highly doubt any first grader would want to leave us and dessie at this moment. Unless its a fringe first grader and he has been tapped on the shoulder by the coaching staff in relation to limited appearances. Ud have to be dumb as bulldog poo if ur a genuine first grader and leave us as i hope we are on the cusp if sonething special and success in the games to come. If thats the case we dont want dumb players anyway!

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Tolman can't get the money he wants with us. We have too many people to re-sign

B

BoonReturns

JT and Folau to the Dogs would make us premiership certs. Almost unbeatable. Of course that is until we lose most of the forwards coming through. But we would take a few trophys before that happens. I have always wished for JT to return home, would be nice to see that wish granted.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not sure I believe the rumors re Tolman.

I mean he makes HUGE metres alongside Graham and is a BIG part of our engine room. Sure Klemmer and Finucane are up and coming but I don't think they are ready just yet.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
why would a player want to leave the dogs now, we are in the top 3 or 4 teams who can win the premiership, the others souths, storm maybe manly would be the only teams with as much chance as we do. we have one of the best coachs in the game, top facilitys, top roster
fot tolman to want to leave for another club with no chance of a premiership doesnt make sense, yes it maybe nore money, but being in a front running teams for several seasons, then going to a team near the bottom of the ladder just wouldnt do it

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Tolman probably doesn't want to leave. He's probably just knows he can get a lot more money at another club.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hmm I would have thought Tolman is on pretty good money anyway, or close to the most he can get for the player he is.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Like i said in a post weeks ago i spoke to tolman at the bateau bay function he was heaps disappointed that he hadnt heard about being re signed and wants to stay but he hadnt been spoken with by dogs- it seems to me like its either him or klemmer and they r probably figuring klemmer will be more destructive with his size ,its a pity cause tolman is a gun

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
why would a player want to leave the dogs now, we are in the top 3 or 4 teams who can win the premiership, the others souths, storm maybe manly would be the only teams with as much chance as we do. we have one of the best coachs in the game, top facilitys, top roster
fot tolman to want to leave for another club with no chance of a premiership doesnt make sense, yes it maybe nore money, but being in a front running teams for several seasons, then going to a team near the bottom of the ladder just wouldnt do it
There are few reasons why any player would, I guess, including wanting to get permanent first grade spot (say, for example mitch brown), they see the possiblilty of being replaced (eg: keating), young upstarts coming thru (eh: Tolman), they might miss family (Graham), freinds, teammates etc, or it may simply be abut the short term coin.

I think these days most players are pretty smart contract wise... they will tend to look to the next few seasons.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looking at the Team for this weekends trial it looks very impressive even with our main forwards missing, what's happened to Hodkinson, by all reports he has been training well but not named again

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Looking at the Team for this weekends trial it looks very impressive even with our main forwards missing, what's happened to Hodkinson, by all reports he has been training well but not named again
If your claim that he is in full training with the rest of the boys & not being allowed to play, then the only explanation would be that he is being lined up by another club and they don't wanna risk him getting injured

Status
Not open for further replies.