Who are your top eight sides and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Now is the time to be bold guys!!! We are only 6 weeks out from the start of the 2013 season, so look into your crystal ball guys. Who will finish in the top 8? Which team is destined for the dreaded wooden spoon and your reasons why?

1-Melbourne (sorry guys but the big 3 will always be a factor)

2-Dogs (Hasler will weave his magic but our halves remain our Achilles' heel.)

3-Cronnulla (Have bought well in the off season and are set to improve this year)

4- Souths (they have a good squad, they have rid themselves of Taylor and gained a great signing in Te'o. However they may become a little disrupted with ownership woes and this may have an affect on their on field performance. )

5-Roosters (Screw SBW I just think they might be the surprise packets this year. With a new coach and few new signings they should win more than they lose.)

6-8 In no particular order Canberra, Brisbane and maybe the Warriors.

Manly (can't see them getting into the eight. With an aging roster and being light in the forwards the gnome Toovey is sure to be under the pump this year .)

Spoon could be a fight between Penrith and Titans with Titans to take it out.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Raiders and Warriors will struggle I reckon.

Manly will be there.

Parra/Penrith for the spoon I reckon.

Suprise will be Titans I reckon. If they can get a halves combination working on paper they are a decent side.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

3-Cronnulla (Have bought well in the off season and are set to improve this year)

4- Souths (they have a good squad, they have rid themselves of Taylor and gained a great signing in Te'o. However they may become a little disrupted with ownership woes and this may have an affect on their on field performance. )

5-Roosters (Screw SBW I just think they might be the surprise packets this year. With a new coach and few new signings they should win more than they lose.)

Probably not far off. I think we will finish 1st, storm 2nd. Roosters will make the 8 but probably no higher then 6. Manly will be there. Maybe the Cowboys too. Spoon will be Penrith I think. Titans may go Ok this season. Knights the big improvers from last year.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
1. North Queensland
2. Melbourne
3. Souths
4. Canterbury
5. Newcastle
6. Canberra
7. Warriors
8. Tigers
9. Roosters
10. Manly
11. Cronulla
12. Gold Coast
13. Brisbane
14. Parramatta
15. St George
16. Penrith

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Now is the time to be bold guys!!! We are only 6 weeks out from the start of the 2013 season, so look into your crystal ball guys. Who will finish in the top 8? Which team is destined for the dreaded wooden spoon and your reasons why?

Manly (can't see them getting into the eight. With an aging roster and being light in the forwards the gnome Toovey is sure to be under the pump this year .)

Cant argue with your logic, maybe Sharks are rated a little high ? otherwise agree

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1.Storm
2. Sharks
3.Souths
4.Dogs
5.Knights
6.Roosters
7.Manly
8.Raiders

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
1. Bulldogs
2. Storm
3. Cronulla
4. Manly
5. Souths
6. Roosters
7. Cowboys
8. Broncos

This season seems unpredictable. Very good teams this year.

TJW

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Melbourne
2. North Queensland
3. Cronulla
4. Canterbury
5. Souths
6. Roosters
7. Newcastle
8. Manly
9. Canberra
10. Brisbane
11. Gold Coast
12. Parramatta
13. Warriors
14. Tigers
15. Penrith
16. St George

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Storm

They were way clear of the field halfway through last season, then went on a bit of a crash which was no doubt Origin induced then came home strong to only just miss out on the Minor Premiership. Absolutely dominated the other stand out team last year in the GF. I don't think they have lost any players, at least no one of major concern and only an idiot would think they won't be up there this year.

2. Bulldogs

Last year was no fluke, Des saw exactly how to pull our team together and we executed his plan extremely well. This was proven with our 12 match win streak, winning the MP and going on to the Grand Final. Our team had almost no finals experience and crumbled at the last hurdle. Now we have that invaluable experience plus we have some new faces and welcome back some old faces back from injury. I can only see us improving on last year and being a real challenge to every other team in the comp.

3. Sharks

The Sharks had a cracker of a year last year, and have seriously bolstered their ranks for this year. I cannot wait to see Luke Lewis and Paul Gallen in the same team. But even with those two workhorses, their season depends heavily on Carney. My gut feeling is he will improve this year, and even retain his Origin spot. If he doesn't fire though they won't make the top 8.

4. Rabbitohs

The Rabbitohs also proved last year they are a force to be reckoned with. Adam Reynolds is an absolute gun, and I can only see him improving. Losing Dave Taylor shouldn't really be any kind of drama, especially considering they have picked up Ben Teo. I know they are different types of players, but Dave was a waste of space most of the time.

5. Roosters

The Roosters have bought very well for this season, Maloney and $BW will have a huge impact on their success. I know there are a lot of Sonny Bill doubters out there, but the guy is an absolute freak of an athelete and I expect him to be a weapon. I can't wait til we play them.

6. Cowboys

A huge forward pack, some good young players and Jonathan Thurston. I'll be super surprised if they miss out on the finals this year.

7. Brisbane

They fell a bit flat this year, but they are a proven powerhouse and will fight hard to make the 8 again.

8. Titans

My dark cloud of the comp. Everyone concentrates on their money woes but they do have a good team and I expect things to click for them a bit more this year. Who knows, Dave Taylor might even have some new steam in the engine and play well for them

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
1) Dogs
2) Melb
3) Rabbits
4) Sharks
5) Cowboys
6) Roosters
7) Broncos
8) Manly

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1 storm....... bellamy, slater, cronk, smith no major changes in off season
2 dogs....... hasler has had a full season at the dogs, mentaly toughness and a far better work attitude will see the dogs top 4 again
3 sharks...... last season was no fluke, great recruitment
4 rabbits...... been building up to something, maybe the choker tag is gone
5 warriors....... new coach, maybe a kick in the pants will lift the warriors, they have the players dont have the attitude
6 raiders........ if they want to be in the 8 they will, pity they have so many sooks mixed in with their team duggan, ferguson need to harden up big time
7 broncos...... always around the 8 this season will be no different
8 roosters......good recruitment new coach they have the players now its time to proform

manly titans eels will all have issues during the season, manly from the board, titans cash, eels a player

silva

Utility
Reaction score
1 dogs
2 storm
3 sharks
4 souths
5 cowboys
6 parra
7 roosters
8 knights

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 Cowboys
2 Storm
3 Dogs
4 Rabbits
5 Sharks
6 Panthers
7 Sea Eagles
8 Broncos

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
Sorry, but every time I do this I always look like a mug. I have never gotten it right. Ahh heck, I 'll give it a go.

1. Storm. Any team with the best 1, 7 and 9 in the country will always be there.
2. Bulldogs. A settled roster and a sting in their tail losing last years G.F. A year under Des and the team is a professional outfit ready to erase disappointment.
3. Souths. Great coaching staff and a lively No: 7 in Reynolds. A mobile forward pack and a backline full of swift players. Sutton is their problem though. Good one day, lazy the next.
4. Manly. Any team with a player of Killer's ability and leadership in it will always do well. Toovey has learnt a lot over the past year. However, they are an aging unit.
5. Cronulla. They have purchased some hard working players. With a fit Carney leading them, they will be tough to beat.
6. Canberra. They will not start the season well, but grind out some wins in the second half of the season to squeek into the top eight.
7. Newcastle. I don't know why I have chosen them, but they seem to be able to play good footy when they are not expected to. Even with the Tinkler drama, they will do well.
8. North Queensland. Thurston... end of sentence.

The Warriors will be a disappointment, again. Roosters will only miss the top eight by the skin of their teeth, most likely a negative for and against.
Penrith and Parra to play for the spoon, with the Titans improving from last year, but also just missing out on the eight.
St George will try hard, and upset a lot of the top teams on the ladder. But will not have enought fire power to break into the top eight.
The Tigers season will be a basket case, with Mick Potter doing his best with a struggling side.
Brisbane will struggle, especially during the S.O.O. weeks where the Blues will win and stop the run of victorys by Qld.

storm2012

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
just watching a replay of the Storm vs dogs 2012 GF.great game ...

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Sorry, but every time I do this I always look like a mug. I have never gotten it right. Ahh heck, I 'll give it a go.

1. Storm. Any team with the best 1, 7 and 9 in the country will always be there.
2. Bulldogs. A settled roster and a sting in their tail losing last years G.F. A year under Des and the team is a professional outfit ready to erase disappointment.
3. Souths. Great coaching staff and a lively No: 7 in Reynolds. A mobile forward pack and a backline full of swift players. Sutton is their problem though. Good one day, lazy the next.
4. Manly. Any team with a player of Killer's ability and leadership in it will always do well. Toovey has learnt a lot over the past year. However, they are an aging unit.
5. Cronulla. They have purchased some hard working players. With a fit Carney leading them, they will be tough to beat.
6. Canberra. They will not start the season well, but grind out some wins in the second half of the season to squeek into the top eight.
7. Newcastle. I don't know why I have chosen them, but they seem to be able to play good footy when they are not expected to. Even with the Tinkler drama, they will do well.
8. North Queensland. Thurston... end of sentence.

The Warriors will be a disappointment, again. Roosters will only miss the top eight by the skin of their teeth, most likely a negative for and against.
Penrith and Parra to play for the spoon, with the Titans improving from last year, but also just missing out on the eight.
St George will try hard, and upset a lot of the top teams on the ladder. But will not have enought fire power to break into the top eight.
The Tigers season will be a basket case, with Mick Potter doing his best with a struggling side.
Brisbane will struggle, especially during the S.O.O. weeks where the Blues will win and stop the run of victorys by Qld.
Very brave not having Brisbane in your 8 Guardy , pressure on them up here as it has now been their longest premiership drought ! You Yea still injured though .

I think Newcastle and Canberra will improve this year and the 2 coaches to get the punt are Steve Price and John Cartright . With the cows ... the will be struggling to hang on to J.T and Matt Scott next year so it could be a big year for them .

Of course our mighty dogs have the team to win the comp - forget the halves ....... YOU CAN DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.