Chelsea's Eden Hazard sent off after kicking ballboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Swansea City are into their first major Cup final after holding 10-man Chelsea to a scoreless draw in a controversial Capital One semi-final second leg at the Liberty Stadium.

The result gave them a 2-0 aggregate win, but was marred by the sending off of Chelsea's Eden Hazard after he appeared to kick a ball boy.

The Belgian midfielder was dismissed in the 80th minute after an incident behind the home side's goal.

The Swans face League Two Bradford in the final at Wembley.

Hazard's red card came after he tangled with a ball boy, who was slow getting the ball back into play. He appeared to lay on the ball and TV replays showed Hazard kicking him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21038756

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The ballboy was being a complete prat.... but that doesn't justify assault.

He should have let the ref sort it - the kid should hopefully also be kicked out the game (I read somewhere he actually tweeted the day before he was going to deliberately waste time).

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't help wondering how hard he did kick him.

It's not like he pulled his leg right back to use as much force as possible.

But then he is a professional soccer player, so any kick wouldn't tickle.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ballboy was being a complete prat.... but that doesn't justify assault.

He should have let the ref sort it - the kid should hopefully also be kicked out the game (I read somewhere he actually tweeted the day before he was going to deliberately waste time).
Amen. I don't want to see the d*ck of a ballboy play all innocent here, but a grown (millionaire) man kicking a (admittedly obnoxious) child is pretty (hilariously) out of order.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
At least Cantona showed some Pizzazz when he went all kung fu on that dude in the crowd.

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
In all honesty, I believe he attempted to kick the ball out from underneath him but also connected with the boy's ribs. This coming from a United fan.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In all honesty, I believe he attempted to kick the ball out from underneath him but also connected with the boy's ribs. This coming from a United fan.
Either way, it's stupid to get involved. The fat kid is certainly play acting afterwards, but why would professional sportsman get involved?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
the ball boys only job is to get the ball back into play

he failed so he deserved to be punished, i wouldve picked him up and put him in the diamond cutter instead

P

Paint.

Stupid GIF to post up, do some justice. He hardly touched the kid, if you look from the other angle, the ball popped out the other side. The point of impact was boot to ball, not to ribs.

Also I can't be bothered searching for it now, but the ballboy knew exactly what he was doing, he said on his twitter earlier that day that he was planning to timewaste behind the home goal whenever he could.

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
he should get a 12 month ban

lol dogkat you have no idea seriously

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Simple way to fix this.

Ball goes out, time gets stopped.

Apparently the ball boy is the son of someone at the team.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Simple way to fix this.

Ball goes out, time gets stopped.

Apparently the ball boy is the son of someone at the team.
Soccer seems so far behind the times on many angles:

1. Not adopting video refs. The excuses for not doing so are pissweak.
2. Tied in wth 1, not cracking down on diving. Video analysis should be sone on every game,a dn serious penalties (eg: year long bans) handed out to people who clearly take a dive.
3. Time out - why can't a clock just get stopped when a ball goes out etc,instead of this silly "injury time" concept. AFL also ****s me when you have no idea how long it actually is to the end of the period.

My ten cents worth :grinning:

P

Paint.

Let's just make one thing clear here... he didn't kick the ball boy like everyone's saying, he was kicking the ball out from under the ball boy, who was the 17 year old son of one of the club's co-owners (and had said before the game on twitter that he was "#needed #for #timewasting"). He might have gotten a small touch of his ribs with his boots in the process, but ffs, even the ballboys are diving these days.

Everyone's going on about "how often do you see someone get sent off for kicking a ball boy?"... well how often do you see a ball boy picking up the ball like he's a rugby player jumping into the ruck, and smothering it under him to waste time? ******** deserves to get kicked even harder.

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is blown out of proportion. Hazard was trying to kick the ball free from underneath the kid. It looks worse than it really is. He received a red card which is punishment enough.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
first time I seen it I thought he was going for the ball

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
In all honesty though, he'd have been better just firing up at the ref and getting him to resolve it (or call time off).

All he's done is damage his reputation, and even then it maynot be warranted.

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
so an adult assaulting a kid is fine as long as he is going for the ball

stay classy fellas

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
so an adult assaulting a kid is fine as long as he is going for the ball

stay classy fellas
How did he assault the kid? Slight exaggertation.

If you see the actual clip, he was kicking the ball from underneath. He didn't put the boot into the kids stomach as the gif file in this thread portrays.

My first impression was, oh he was going for the ball and after seeing multiple replays, that position stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.