Not open for further replies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Discuss:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-01-15/tensions-flare-in-woodridge/4466292

[h=1]NRL Premiership[/h]
<dl class=" "><dt class=" first last ">FS FS NRL Page Nav NRL Holder</dt><dd class="first first linkto-group-1226529624408">League</dd><dd class=" linkto-group-1226529633644">NRL Premiership</dd><dd class=" ">Toyota Cup</dd><dd class=" league-state-of-origin ">State Of Origin</dd><dd class=" last ">Video</dd></dl>

[h=1]Sydney Roosters sign Michael Jennings on four-year deal after Penrith agree to contract release[/h]

• By Joe Barton
  • <cite> AAP </cite>
  • January 15, 2013 4:14PM

Moving east ... Jennings will join the Roosters for the next four NRL seasons. Source: News Limited

Sydney Roosters believe the Michael Jennings signing coup makes them a complete team that can now challenge for the NRL premiership.

Jennings was granted a full release from his hefty Penrith deal on Tuesday, clearing the way for the star NSW centre to immediately join the Roosters on a four-year deal understood to be worth $2 million.
The addition of the brilliant 24-year-old, on top of recruits Sonny Bill Williams and James Maloney, has rocketed the Roosters into premiership contention.
Recruitment officer Peter O'Sullivan said it was a "great day" for the foundation club.
"He'll complete our footy team," O'Sullivan told AAP on Tuesday.
Jennings and New Zealand international Shaun Kenny-Dowall will be the Roosters strike centre pairing behind halves Maloney and Mitchell Pearce.
Anthony Minichiello will captain the team from the wing while Williams headlines a young, aggressive pack.
Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

But Jennings provides the explosive try-scoring threat the Roosters have lacked in recent seasons.
"He's just got that pure speed that we may lack," O'Sullivan said.
"His ability to break the line and finish and score tries - it's a trait that very few players in the game have.
"We're obviously tickled pink to get him here."
Jennings had been linked with several rival clubs, including Gold Coast Titans and Cronulla, as the Panthers desperately tried to clear up salary cap space.
His Roosters contract is an entirely new deal, meaning Penrith will not be required to subsidise the deal as had been expected.
It opens the way for the Panthers to chase a marquee signing in 2014, with off-contract North Queensland, Maroons and Australia halfback Johnathan Thurston believed to be at the top of their wish-list.
Jennings also fell out of favour with Panthers boss Phil Gould, reportedly over attitude problems.
But O'Sullivan said after consulting Minichiello and Pearce, who played with Jennings at State of Origin level, the Roosters had no doubts over the quality of his character.
"Sometimes in a relationship things can go sour and perception is reality," he said.
"Sometimes it's better for players and clubs to part company and I think they were probably at that stage.
"We've got no qualms with him about (his attitude). I'm sure he'll come here and be a pro and be a leader."
When contacted Jennings declined to comment on the switch, but said in a statement that he was excited to join coach Trent Robinson's talent-laden roster, and also to reunite with Origin teammate Pearce.
Pearce played a large role in the recruitment of Jennings, who follows in the footsteps of Roosters great Brad Fittler in abandoning Penrith for Bondi.
"Mitchell knows him best and obviously Mini has played with him as well," O'Sullivan said.
"Their opinions were sourced and they couldn't wait to get him here.
"I'm sure they'll strike up a good combination."
Roosters chief operating officer of football Brian Canavan said Jennings, who has represented NSW five times, would add much-needed class to a backline after BJ Leilua's departure and Tautau Moga's knee injury.
"A player of immense talent, Michael is a great addition to our squad," Canavan said.
"Michael will add potency to our backline."

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...se/story-fn2mcuj6-1226554468956#ixzz2I2Bspmz1

Pa-28

Bring back the BIFF!!!
Reaction score
Roosters will be there abouts this year no doubt. Still think Mini is a mile behind everyother fullback in the comp and might have too many coconuts to be consistent week in week out.

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
3. Michael Jennings
4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
5. Michael Oldfield
6. James Maloney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
9. Jake Friend
10. Martin Kennedy
11. Aiden Guerra
12. Sonny Bill Williams
13. Boyd Cordner

14. Nafe Seluini
15. Frank-Paul Nuuausala
16. Lama Tasi
17. Mitchell Aubusson

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Can you imagine Weidler??
... he will have a heart attack from all the fapping....

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Massive signing for them, they have no excuse not to perform now

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gordon, Lewis and now Jennings. It's gonna be tough watching these guys play against us this season *sigh*

Let's hope we get Thurston otherwise there will be blood.

*not only do I have to change my signature, now I have to change my dp as well!*

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
$5.8 million in the cap.
$1.8 million a season blown on 4 players.

God knows how they fit the other 21 (?) under the cap with remaining $4 million (avr $190k per player).

SBW - $550k
Jennings - $500k
Mini - ???
SKD - $350k
Maloney - ???
Pearce - $400k
J WH - ???

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mini is consistent but he is no game breaker. An obvious weak link in their team.

For the roosters to have any chance, unfortunately Mini needs to get injured (sad enough to say this) and Tuivasa-Sheck needs to go fullback.

The kids footwork makes Steve Renouf look like blocker roach.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
$5.8 million in the cap.
$1.8 million a season blown on 4 players.

God knows how they fit the other 21 (?) under the cap with remaining $4 million (avr $190k per player).

SBW - $550k
Jennings - $500k
Mini - ???
SKD - $350k
Maloney - ???
Pearce - $400k
J WH - ???
I dont think mini would be over 200k this season + this season might be his last

Mallyboy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They might make the top 8 and they probably should with that cattle.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
anything less than a top 8 finish would be a fail season for the roosters tbh

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Panthers are going backwards releasing everybody, they need to buy up.
This will give the Roosters a better looking roster anyway, Maloney alongside Pearce gives them a great halves combo.

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Panthers are going backwards releasing everybody, they need to buy up.
The club has been going through the process of restructuring the books, and in the process, have completely re-shaped the team. From a business point of view, I can understand the thinking...you want value for money and return on the investments - Jennings was simply not practical given his 600K price tag. Would you pay 600K for a centre?

In terms of buying up, I think we have done a fair share of that recently: James Segeyaro, Dean Whare, Lewis Brown, Sika Manu, Mose Masoe, plus James Roberts, Kyle O'Donnell, Tom Humble, Mosese Pangai and Wes Naiqama.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The club has been going through the process of restructuring the books, and in the process, have completely re-shaped the team. From a business point of view, I can understand the thinking...you want value for money and return on the investments - Jennings was simply not practical given his 600K price tag. Would you pay 600K for a centre?

In terms of buying up, I think we have done a fair share of that recently: James Segeyaro, Dean

Whare, Lewis Brown, Sika Manu, Mose Masoe, plus James Roberts, Kyle O'Donnell, Tom Humble,
Mosese Pangai and Wes Naiqama.
Sell 1coconut and buy 6more

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Mini is consistent but he is no game breaker. An obvious weak link in their team.

For the roosters to have any chance, unfortunately Mini needs to get injured (sad enough to say this) and Tuivasa-Sheck needs to go fullback.

The kids footwork makes Steve Renouf look like blocker roach.

Surely you jest.

Status
Not open for further replies.