Brilliant SMH sarcasm on Origin eligibility row

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tightening Origin eligibility leaves youngsters feeling marooned

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ungsters-feeling-marooned-20121219-2bnbp.html

I can't recommend this article enough. Some gems in there ''We just can't understand it,'' said Jarryd's father Brendan. ''Sure, when I was a kid you might have had to play for the Blues if you were from a place just over the Queensland border, like Albury. But it has been well established that most talented kids from NSW owe their skill to some Queensland link. Do you think Jarryd could play as well as he does if he had not listened to Ricki-Lee Coulter or read the collected speeches of Kevin Rudd? He's Queensland all over.''

It's surprising to hear such great trolling from a mainstream media outlet.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
he knows all the words to the queensland national anthem? wtf

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Love it that is gold... nominate this man for a Pulitzer I say

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
Someone should let this bloke know that there is much pride in pulling on a Blues jersey. He makes it sound like a disgrace. It is far from that.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Someone should let this bloke know that there is much pride in pulling on a Blues jersey. He makes it sound like a disgrace. It is far from that.
You missed the point of the article

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too funny:

The draconian new rule has hit Jarryd hard. ''The kid is devastated,'' Brendan said. ''Like every kid from Punchbowl, he's grown up thinking that, one day, he would run out before his adoring fellow Queenslanders at Suncorp Stadium. We were even thinking of going to Brisbane one day, just to see what it's like. Not much point now, is there?''

Brendan is concerned for the emotional wellbeing of the many young boys from south of the Tweed now threatened with the prospect they will have to play for NSW. ''The night after the ruling Jarryd woke up screaming,'' he said. ''He had a nightmare Laurie Daley and Blocker Roach were holding him down and forcing him to put on a Blues jersey. Daley was saying things like, 'Come on, trust me, we can win the series this year'. No kid should be subjected to that.''

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
''We just can't understand it,'' said Jarryd's father Brendan. ''Sure, when I was a kid you might have had to play for the Blues if you were from a place just over the Queensland border, like Albury."

Classic !!

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kid needs to suck it up and show some blue pride why in hell would you want to play for the morons for? I think his father has forgotten what SOO means.

Go the blues it will be your year this year for the next decade. Qld cant steal anymore nswelshman or kiwi players.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Can't believe some people are failing to comprehend this article.

Fark me dead is there any hope for us..

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
You missed the point of the article
I did get the point Ozzie, but I just hate this Almighty Qld BullCrap... I'm a Blue through and through and just saw it as a little bit of Blue bashing.

TJW

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
''I'll do anything to play for Queensland. I've got Google Maps on my iPod. I'll even find out where it is!''

that's brilliant!! once nsw start winning a few in a row we will see how much 'pride' qlders show then

Status
Not open for further replies.