NSW Blues' 2013 Emerging State of Origin squad revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score

HERE it is - the first NSW State or Origin squad for 2013.

The Daily Telegraph has exclusively obtained NSW's 22-man Emerging Blues squad. The players will enter a three-day camp in Coogee from January 18.

NSWRL officials will officially release the squad today but the two Reynolds boys - Canterbury's Josh and South Sydney's Adam - will definitely be there.

Other stars include Josh Dugan, Blake Ferguson, Aiden Tolman, Jamal Idris, Tariq Sims, Nathan Merritt, Feleti Mateo, Aaron Woods and Chris Lawrence.

The early team announcement proves that NSW has already well and truly begun preparations for next year's series, which will include two games at ANZ Stadium.

Asked about the Reynolds boys, Blues coach Laurie Daley said: "They both had fabulous first-up seasons in 2012 at NRL level. We potentially see them as both being State of Origin players. Their selection is a great reward for the seasons they enjoyed this year.

"We want to get all these players into camp and let them know what is required to be a State of Origin player and to see how they adapt to the environment."

Several rising stars also won spots including Parramatta's Jacob Loko, Canterbury's Josh Jackson, Gold Coast's Aidan Sezer, Manly's Jorge Taufua, St George Illawarra's Mitch Rein and Sydney Roosters pair Boyd Cordner and Joseph 'BJ' Leilua. Cordner has been touted as a future Roosters skipper.

"Some of the guys have already played at a State of Origin level," Daley said.

read more

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...n-squad-revealed/story-e6frexv9-1226537190715

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Jamal Idris? Oh come on, how can I take that side serious with his name in it. Biggest flop of the year last season.

Combine that with Jorge "I can't catch a bomb to save my life" Tafua, and a nice reward for Joseph "I may or may not have assaulted by ex gf" 'BJ' Leilua, and I can't help but laugh.

Josh Jackson is deserving of it though....

Main concern is I hope it won't detract from their performances this season as a result.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With Loz as Coach, they will get smashed again I am afraid!!!

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
jamal idris, cmon nsw qld are good they won a few in a row, but jamal idris... thats gifting qld more wins

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
if it's an emerging squad why are players who have already played for nsw in it?

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm amazed Terry Lamb didn't make the squad. He's about as "emerging" as Josh Dugan (2011 Rep), Jamal Idris (2010 Rep) and Nathan Merritt (who will be 30 before Origin 1 next year!)

At least Greg Inglis has the decency to admit he's shi*ting all over his state of birth and actually pull on a maroon jumper. Laurie Daley's doing the same thing but in disguise.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Inclusion of Jackson YAYYYYY!

On a serious note, i really really doubt Daley can win it for NSW... he doesnt have the leadership qualities needed! If you watch Canberra raiders games when both Dailey and Stuart used to play you would see that Stuart was CLEARLY THE BOSS and he showed excellent attacking and leadership qualities.

With Origin you need someone who is a BOSS someone who can put down his foot and tactics in a short time not a long season, and Stuart was THE BEST we could get, had he stayed till 2013 IM SURE NSW wouldve won it, QLD was getting scared of Stuart.

Anw hope Dailey pulls a miracle, but i doubt it!

If we (NSW) do win it it would be thanks to dedication from the captain (Gallen) and his hunger!

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm amazed Terry Lamb didn't make the squad. He's about as "emerging" as Josh Dugan (2011 Rep), Jamal Idris (2010 Rep) and Nathan Merritt (who will be 30 before Origin 1 next year!)
My thoughts exactly, not to mention Chris Lawrence.

TJW

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
would like to see wade graham get a shot at origin

Status
Not open for further replies.