Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
sort and simple.

Stagg was a workhorse in tackles and defence
T.Williams is an impact player, and juggernaut

Therefor williams is not a direct replacement of stagg, meaning the way in which we defend and attack will change allot. But how so?

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
one of jackson or finucane will need to turn into more of a work horse IMO. Otherwise we need to see more of Dene Halatau. Our front row speaks for itself but a back row of eastwood/williams/pritchard isn't gonna make you many tackles especially without a stagg like player off the bench.

Malla

Reaction score
Jackson will be shifted to lock, Eastwood off the bench as more of an impact given he can play all positions in the forward pack.

Then again...who knows what Des has up his sleeve

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rkn this forward pack

8. Tolman
9. Ennis
10. Kasiano
11. Pritchard
12. Halatau
13. Eastwood

14. Finucane
15. Jackson
16. Taupau ( Graham after suspension)
17. Williams

For now I still think t-Rex is at his best in stints. More impact type of player!

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
winnin

would love to see williams come off the bench, didnt like what i saw from him this year starting and playing the 80
And that's because the waterboy is an absolute angry little gnome who only seems to be able to criticise the refs in the post match interviews instead of coaching.

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Williams plays his best footy off the bench

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Williams to get the number 4 and Inu out to the wing, he will get used to the 80.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think it will change a great deal. It's not as though we built our defensive structure around Stagg.

midas

Kennel Established
Reaction score
8. Tolman
9. Ennis
10. Kasiano
11. Pritchard
12. Jackson
13. Eastwood

14. Graham (Taupau during the suspension)
15. Finucane
16. T. Williams
17. Halatau

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
8. Tolman
9. Ennis (C)
10. Kasiano
11. Pritchard
12. Tony Williams
13. Jackson/Halatau

14. Graham (Gavet/Taupau/Klemmer while suspended)
15. Finucane
16. Eastwood
17. Jackson/Halatau

Tony has far to much ability and is alot fitter then people give him credit for, he was the leading player in hit ups for Manly injured. With a pair of props who acctually do their job I think he will reach the form we all know he can play at. Also he is paid far to much to be on the bench, plus we all are talking about last year. The year before under Des he was an animal. Kas, Frank, Tony starting is a nightmare for defenses. Halatau/Jackson, Tolman, Ennis can all make 30-40 tackles.

Bench with Finucane, Jackson/Halatau also provides sufficent motors and ability in defense. Eastwood provides impact and can play prop or backrow or lock, Graham speaks for himself. How i'd love to have him from Round 1. Oh well Gavet looked impressive and Taupau has something to prove. Klemmer might even suprise us all and be ready. I can't wait to see Kasiano, Klemmer, Graham, Tolman in our prop rotation. Hopefully we hold onto Klemmer and Tolman to make it happen!

Jackson, Finucane, Eastwood, Tony Williams help make up the pack for the next few years too if Franky or Halatau retire.

Over the next few seasons i'd think if we hold onto them we will be able to still have a dominate pack with something like.

8. Tolman
9. Ennis (Romeleo when retires perhaps unless we buy someone else or bring someone else through)
10. Kasiano
11. Jackson
12. Tony Williams
13. Eastwood

14. Graham
15. Klemmer
16. Finucane

Then a few other forwards would likely be bought especially with Ennis, Pritchard, Halatau likely to be gone by then.

Even more coming through too and Taupau/Gavet might still be there.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrDogzOfWar

Dogz At War!
Reaction score
What's this thread people make, Don't worry Des Hasler has it all under control...

Status
Not open for further replies.