The media want us to lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I anybody else as pi**ed off as me!!

I am so angry every time I pick up a newspaper, turn on the radio or tv there is somebody from the media or opposition team going on about the Bulldogs. wrestling in the tackle, standing offside, decoy runners etc, it would be ok if the referees weren't influenced by all of this attention but unfortunately we know this isn't the case, it would be great if the media would focus on lopsided penalty counts and how they influence the outcome of a game but while ever this isn't the case and the referees are sucked in by all of this cr@p the Bulldogs will just have to put up with it.
I don't think I've read one thing about Des or the players or ex-players bit*ching about the oppostion.

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it just me being paranoid or does it feel like the media is trying their best to make us lose. Last night on NRL on Fox they had a whole segment targeting us over our use of a wrestling coach (something that every team has). It was basically a message to referees to penalise us for ruck infringements because according to Paul Kent we are the best wrestling team in the comp and the best at slowing the game down.

A couple of weeks ago it was the media highlighting Toovy's whinge about our "illegal decoys" as well as a couple of articles by Jason Taylor about how apparently all of our tries come from illegal obstructions.

Then today in the paper we're targeted, once again over Toovy's whinge, because we are now apparently all offside and were on several occasions against Manly. Even though the article stated that other teams are constantly offside they used screen grabs of occasions when the Bulldogs were offside. Once again its a message from journalists to referees to say "look, the Bulldogs are always offside make sure you penalise them". Why bring up this point 2 weeks after the game was played only a couple of days out from our big game against Souths? Why not bring it up right after the Manly game 2 weeks ago if it's such a big issue?

So once again I ask- are we being given a fair go or are we being once again unfairly targeted? Do you think all these articles will play on the mind of referees and do you think that they could be part of the reason we are so penalised?

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
our success breds jealously......alot of these so called experts didn't even tip us to make the 8 so how stupid are they gonna look if we win the comp

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Various media outlets have not been granted entry into Belmore sports ground this week. Wouldn't be surprised if this is the telegraphs bite back.

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think all these articles are somewhat tarnishing our success. It's as if to say we got to where we are by cheating.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
A few things have become clear to me the past few days:

1- The Bulldogs are the only team in the world to wrestle. No one has ever done it or thought about doing it.
2- Souffs have won the last 70 premierships in a row.
3- Souffs have a lot of experience in the team while the Bulldogs don't know what a football is.
and 4- Apparently the Bulldogs won the minor premiership by chance, not by being the most consistent team and having a solid work ethic.

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few things have become clear to me the past few days:

1- The Bulldogs are the only team in the world to wrestle. No one has ever done it or thought about doing it.
2- Souffs have won the last 70 premierships in a row.
3- Souffs have a lot of experience in the team while the Bulldogs don't know what a football is.
and 4- Apparently the Bulldogs won the minor premiership by chance, not by being the most consistent team and having a solid work ethic.
5- The Bulldogs are always inside the 10
6- Every try we have ever scored was due to an illegal obstruction play
7- Hodkinson and Keating played together as Juniors

coachwoodmyrtle

Waterboy
Reaction score
Not one of these whinges are coming directly from the Souths camp.

Madge and the Souths boys have only ever spoken respectfully about the Doggies as the bench mark team.

And rightly so.

This is a massive game that ALL of us hope is decided by the better team winning on the day.

However if there is an infringement then it should be penalised.

Simple.

The refs aren't coaches & shouldn't be directing/telling individual players like T Rex to haul his lazy ass back the ten. (Gee Dessy is going to flog the living bejesus out of him in your off season. I think with some direction and fitness he could be the buy of the year for 2013... after scoring the best buy this year with James Graham.)

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We all think alike I just posted a very similar thread!!

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Madge and the Souths boys have only ever spoken respectfully about the Doggies as the bench mark team.

And rightly so.

This is a massive game that ALL of us hope is decided by the better team winning on the day.

Simple.

The refs aren't coaches & shouldn't be directing/telling individual players like T Rex to haul his lazy ass back the ten. (Gee Dessy is going to flog the living bejesus out of him in your off season. I think with some direction and fitness he could be the buy of the year for 2013... after scoring the best buy this year with James Graham.)
I hope the game gets fairly refereed too. The Bulldogs may be guilty of being inside the 10 on some occasions, perhaps we've even gotten away with a couple of tries from obstruction plays and I'm sure we wrestle during games too. The fact is however other teams are guilty of all these things too and I think we've been unfairly targeted which is something that might (but hopefully wont) influence the referees. As long as Souths, Manly and any other team we play from now and into the future gets penalised for the same things that we do then I am more than happy to cop it

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Can't argue with you there, you are spot on. Our anger is focused on the media and the refs. In fact, you guys are the only ones that have respected us recently.

Stringer

CAR RAMROD
Reaction score
Ha Ha, nice one

I was going to start a thread saying the same thing, after all we have been through in the last decade and after having our best season in what seems like forever why is every news story so negative towards us.

Gingerbread Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
8 - James Graham uses too much vaseline

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
our success breds jealously......alot of these so called experts didn't even tip us to make the 8 so how stupid are they gonna look if we win the comp
100% right in almost every sense we are targeted both as a club and as supporters. Its funny that out of the 600-1000 protesters on the weekend the screen grab you'll see replayed over and over out of the 5-10 that they have on the news or whenever it is discussed is that ONE dude with the doggies jersey. Why wasn't the ones with the Man U or Barcelona jersey and funnily enough there was a guy with the blue Socceroos jersey on and from my office he looked heavily involved yet no sight on the news cameras hmmm wonder why?

Being a dogs supporter comes with baggage of course and I say anyone who has an issue with it support the tigers lol fact is if a dogs supporter swears and screams at a game he is a thug and whenever other clubs supporters do it there passionate or alcohol was the cause. Fact is where scrutinised more than any other sporting club in Australia because of where our roots are and the areas we represent, in my opinion we represent true Australia and one of the most vibrant multicultural societies in the world thus standing tall for people to shoot us down.

It doesn't matter what background or religion you are when you put on that dogs jersey, polo or jacket on you become part of a society, a brotherhood if you will and other teams hate it and are very jealous of it. I have 4 car flags on my accord every time I cross another supporter there is smiles, beeping, screaming and even embracing because that's what being a bulldogs supporter brings, it brings all different people from different walks of life together as one with one voice for one team. The game means more to us my week is tragic when we lose and im on top of the world when we win, we live and breathe our club again something so many other clubs and supporters envy. We sell more merchandise Australia wide than ANY other NRL club and only come second to AFL Club Collingwood in Australia.

This week ill be sitting in the kennel area for the first time cheering on the boys and I believe this win is not just important to the team and club but its massive for the whole Sydney community we need this and we will take it go the Bulldogs

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is an agenda. Last nights segment on NRL on fox was just a lesson on how to beat the bulldogs and how great souths are.

They spoke for 5 minutes about how souths need to attack jreynolds/jackson yet spent 30 seconds saying dogs should target areynolds/taylor.

Dogs are masters of the wrestle, dogs are masters of obstruction, dogs are masters of being offside and getting away with it, dogs are masters of niggling, dogs are masters of making tooveys head explode, dogs are masters of ruining robbie farahs season, dogs are masters of stripping the ball off the opposition, dogs are master of puppets.

That's it, we need to change our theme song to master of puppets by metallica.

Stringer

CAR RAMROD
Reaction score
I am equally as peeved off... It's dissapointing that after such a fantastic year for the club there is no positive story out there.

Every jurno is so far up souths arse all u can see is their shoes.

MiteyDogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
after all we have been through in the last decade and after having our best season in what seems like forever why is every news story so negative towards us.
It seems that this has always been the case.
People don't like to see the Doggies succeed! and it's all due to the old days of all the trouble at the games and the trouble with the players.
We've changed the image and culture at the club, but it seems the media still follows & listens to every word of other coaches and players and whoever else they hear things from.
We win the Minor Premiership, go on a huge winning streak, and Manly were still favourites against us in the 1st week of Finals??

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
careful guys!! the telecrap (which I don't know how most of them got their degree), may read your ideas! and use it in their "fantastic and academic piece of writing".

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

And rightly so.

Simple.

mmm .... Sattler wouldn't have an agenda =(.....

The media have even rolled out Bob Macarthy ....... as if he isn't going to be biased with him addressing
the Souths team on Friday.....

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Honestly up to this season, anyone that used the old chestnut "the ref fu*ked us" to me was just looking at an excuse for their team. This year it is a factual excuse which can be used by nearly every team.

Status
Not open for further replies.