SPIN DOCTOR DES, will have a field Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Heard on Brisbane Radio this morning that Mayne Bennett rates Manly the team to beat in 2012, pretty good ammo for Des to confirm that the Dogs are not the benchmark, just ask the most successfull coach in NRL History, will help to keep our boys with a level head heading into the S.F.
It will be interesting to see if Des hops on the band wagon!!!

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I heard it as well on the way to work this morning driving.

I hoenstly agree, I think Manly are a tough team and the team to beat. Our last encounter was brutal they played hard.

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manly play hard I ythe Fwds but would suggest a few players want payback from some high shots.glen Stewart put in a few dirty shots on tolman and graham...problem is our boys get straight up and dont stay down like Haynes or hodges...but yeah manlys got that toughness imo

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
They'd got Brisbane and Titans with a few injuries already. Both really physical sides. I'd be questioning how fit they'll be come finals week 1.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Manly would have to be our danger team in the finals....the way things are looking at the moment, we are likely to play them 1st week. Unless they manage to jump up to 3rd, and we play Souths or Sharks (preferably Sharks)

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
I don't agree. Dogs are the form team of the competition. Manly are a good side, maybe even a great side but we just lost to them in the first round and beat them well in the 2nd. 12 wins in a row makes us the danger. As well as that, every game in the last 6 weeks has been like a final to us. Teams have lifted to play us. Even Parra put on a good performance. The other teams don't have another level to lift to. We do. There were times last Friday night we were very ordinary.

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
Manly would have to be our danger team in the finals....the way things are looking at the moment, we are likely to play them 1st week. Unless they manage to jump up to 3rd, and we play Souths or Sharks (preferably Sharks)
If NQLD win against dragons today, theyre 50/50 chance of taking 4th

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Quite clear that the Roosters are the benchmark and the boys will need to lift for the big game in 2 weeks

x-factor

Y.N.W.A
Reaction score
Funny how everyone wants to be like des and talk down our side being the #1 side in the comp lol

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Who cares what Wayne Bennett thinks??

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manly play hard I ythe Fwds but would suggest a few players want payback from some high shots.glen Stewart put in a few dirty shots on tolman and graham...problem is our boys get straight up and dont stay down like Haynes or hodges...but yeah manlys got that toughness imo
Manly are thugs ! If the referees did their job they'd be penalised off the paddock

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Wayne Bennett thinks the best way to divert attention from his team's crap performance is to say the team that just pumped them are premiership favourites.

If his team had've played us at full strength last time and not been piggy backed into the game with a ridiculous penalty count, he might be saying the same about us. We have consistency on the board and are the team to beat IMO....but that means little as there are still a few sides (Manly included) who are more than capable of winning the title...it's all about who brings it come finals time.

I know who won't be bringing it come finals time and that is the Bennett led Knights...although he may ask his players to bring pens and notepads to the grand final to take notes on how to actually play good football.

But as the OP said, Des won't mind this at all and neither should we.....but it is a great chance to crack jokes about Newcastle's failseason.

MrDogzOfWar

Dogz At War!
Reaction score
They'd got Brisbane and Titans with a few injuries already. Both really physical sides. I'd be questioning how fit they'll be come finals week 1.
Sea Eagles I think they will choke and go no where near Grand Final, they would need Des Hasler to speak to them when they are under pressure, The manly side were facing half a side and beat then m that's all, but i don't think they will be the team to beat in 2012

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wayne Bennett says that about watever team has just thrashed them

Status
Not open for further replies.