Dog puts Belmore ahead of Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ARL Commission target Todd Greenberg has ruled himself out of the race for the game's top job, revealing he has unfinished business at the Bulldogs. Greenberg, one of the leading candidates to replace David Gallop as chief executive of the commission, has pledged his allegiance to Canterbury amid speculation he was favourite for the top job. ''While it's flattering to have your name mentioned as the future leader of the game, it was clear to me that there was more to be done at the Bulldogs,'' Greenberg told Sin Bin yesterday. ''I'm thoroughly enjoying the progress we've made over the past few years and I feel we have a lot more to achieve together.'' Bulldogs chairman Ray Dib took the unprecedented step of publishing an open letter on the Bulldogs website on Friday to allay fears his chief executive was on the move. Canterbury officials have now commenced talks to extend Greenberg's stay beyond the expiration of his contract at the end of 2014. Racing NSW boss Peter V'landys is the new favourite for the game's top job ahead of AFL official Gillon McLachlan. Greenberg said his desire to stay put went deeper than just winning a premiership. ''Back in 2008, when I started we had lots of people who supported the Bulldogs,'' he explained. ''One of the things we're trying to do is make those supporters proud of their club. That's not just to do with team performance but everything we're doing off the field as well. We are nowhere near our destination point but we're making good progress.'

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-of-central-20120818-24f4t.html#ixzz23wyMErt9

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was in the Chairman's Box on Friday night and at half time Ray Dib announced that Greenberg has re-signed for the next 3 years

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was in the Chairman's Box on Friday night and at half time Ray Dib announced that Greenberg has re-signed for the next 3 years
Great news if true :grinning: We have to love our administration best in the league.

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great news if true :grinning: We have to love our administration best in the league.
Well Dib announced it himself in the presence of Greenberg and about 40 people who all clapper for him so yeah, it's true

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would Greenberg potentially get more money here anyway? Considering we are one of the richest clubs in the NRL.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
If Greenburg ever does move on, I believe he will ensure he has a really good replacement, he loves this club so I trust him.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
The moment we get a premiership he'll be off! He has basically made our club one of the best off the field. He just needs on field results to go his way.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
The moment we get a premiership he'll be off! He has basically made our club one of the best off the field. He just needs on field results to go his way.
Why? He has the chance to be part of a dynasty, a continuously successful club... the top nrl job will be his whenever he wants it down the track I reckon...

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Greenburg ever does move on, I believe he will ensure he has a really good replacement, he loves this club so I trust him.
I agree all the way with this prsumption. Todd Greenberg has moved mountains to get the club's brand and image to the high profile role model it is today. The only problem the club may have is to find another CEO of his commitment and ability.

That wont happen. Todd Greenberg is a man of substance with values and principles, he loves the club and won't let anyone down.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

So TG will be CEO of the Dogs until 2017?

Status
Not open for further replies.